200HR Art of Living: Advanced Level 1 [Hatha, Tantra, Meditation] YTT
- The Yoga Forest
- San Marcos la Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- Aug 24 - Sep 21, 2019 (29 days)
- Group Retreats: Shared Cabañas - Rama, Sita & Lakshmi - $2,800.00 Group Retreats: Private Yogi Rooms - $3,500.00 Group Retreats: Private Forest Cabins - $2,800.00 Group Retreats: Private Ganesh Loft - $3,500.00
ASANA · FOUNDATION OF YOGA · VEDANTA PHILOSOPHY · TANTRA · 8 LIMBS OF YOGA · ANATOMY ASANA LAB· YIN”FORMATION” · METHODOLOGY · CLEANSING & AYURVEDA · DIET AND NUTRITION MEDITATION · CHAKRAS· SATSANG · CEREMONY · KARMA YOGA · SOUND HEALING AND OTHER HEALING MODALITIES · YOGA NIDRA · MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
Training is based on tradition and classical Hatha and Tantra Yoga. At the core of this training inspiration is drawn from Vedanta, Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and Meditation systems from various concentrations. Modern teaching having included this training, but the ancient science of yoga through classical application stay intact and sacred to the practice. With proper education, will power, and drive students find that their practices begins on the mat but does not stay there. The practice is expansive and inclusive of our lives off the mat.
Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Journaling
We always begin the mornings with personal practice, self reflection and meditation. The afternoon practice is a mixture of teaching applications, alignment, anatomy, and yin.
- Warm Up
- Sun Salutations with variations
- Range of yoga asanas depending on day, climate, group energy
- Postural alignment
- Vinyasa Krama
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Injuries and all levels teaching
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Pranayama – basic and intermediate breathing techniques
- Meditation and journaling
Vedanta and Samkhya Philosophy
Vedanta and Samkhya PhilosophyYoga Sutras of Patanjali – study of the text and commentary
- BhagavadGita – study of the text and commentary
- Look into Samkhya and Tantric Philosophy
- Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
- Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Bandha
- The Four Paths of Yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja, Jnana
- Kriyas – the cleansing techniques
- Nutrition and Diet for the yogis
- Consciously living as a modern yogi
- Introduction to the main body systems and the effects of asana and pranayama on these systems
- Focus on skeletal and muscular systems and their functions
- Therapeutic Alignment and Body Biomechanics
- Common injuries and how to prevent and address them
- Creating safe and anatomically beneficial sequences
- Practice of all Asana groups and in depth look at their alignment and biomechanics
- Learn to instruct asana (postures) with proper alignment and breath techniques
- Sun Salutations
- Hand on Assists
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Vinyasa Krama
- Learning to create sequences on theme, class level, climate, or demographic
- Creating a Hatha, Vinyasa, Tantra, and yin class sequence
- Use of props and Asana variations
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Cultivating tone and voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Learn how to create a safe space for your students
- Guided relaxation techniques
- A deeper look into injuries and physical limitations
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
Above all else this is a training to self involvement and transformation. You will take time to be with your thoughts, with your mind, with your breath. This intensive can be transformative if you allow yourself the vulnerability to let go, as well as give in to treating yourself with love, connection, clear communication and forgiveness. This will then naturally unfold in your external life so be ready for positive changes on and off the mat. Your own will power will drive this journey, so allow it to be a powerful one.
Find your Self in the Forest.
Venue HighlightsSan Marcos la Laguna is a small Mayan village on Lake Atitlán in the western highlands of Guatemala. It has become a Mecca for international travelers attracted by its beauty, tranquility and diverse options for spiritual exploration and therapy. Terraced into the side of a cliff, The Yoga Forest is a twenty five minute hike up into the valley from Lake Atitlán, To escape to our lush tropical food forest please travel to us with a backpack, organic soaps, a head torch and a spirit of adventure.
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe serve local organic produce whenever is possible and prepare our delicious vegetarian meal with love. We can cater to certain dietary restrictions, such as vegan and gluten free. Please advise management of your needs as well as any allergies.
AccommodationsThe Yoga Forest has multiple accommodation options to suit all explorers, from shared cabanas, private rooms, unique yogi lofts, and private forest cabins. All accommodations are beautifully appointed, built using natural building techniques and materials, featuring comfortable beds, warm feather duvets, pillows, and decorated with Peruvian Shipibo fabrics and Guatemalan cushions.
Morning Travel Recommended: Book your flight to arrive in Guatemala City, then take a direct shuttle to Antigua. Please arrange to take an 8-9am collective shuttle (Q100) from Antigua to San Marcos la Laguna in order to get you to town in the morning or very early afternoon. We offer a daily escort service from San Marcos la Laguna to The Yoga Forest promptly at 2PM. Be sure to arrive in San Marcos la Laguna with plenty of time to locate Circles Cafe before the escort service arrives.
We also can arrange a private shuttle to pick you up from Guatemala City Airport to San Marcos La Laguna. Our driver will be waiting at the airport with a sign with your name on it. The ride directly from the GUA to San Marcos is approximately 4 hours.
Please plan your travels accordingly, either spending a night in Antigua to make a morning shuttle, or stay in San Marcos la Laguna a night early. For your safety, LATE ARRIVALS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
For additional details, please see our Getting Here page on our website: https://www.theyogaforest.org/getting-here/