Advanced Physician Wellness Retreat
- Art of Living Retreat Center
- Boone, NC, USA
- Nov 9 - 11, 2018 (3 days)
- Hotel Room Single - $1,005.00 Hotel Room Double Sharing - $875.00 Retreat Room Single - $915.00 Retreat Room Double Sharing - $835.00
Maintaining resiliency when working in healthcare is a challenge. Ultimate solutions will require collaborative efforts by all stakeholders. Healthcare providers can incorporate daily practices that provide significant mental and physical renewal. With intervals of renewal productivity increases, mistakes decrease and wellness improves.
Research examining multiple biomarkers of stress indicates adding a combination of SKY Breathing Meditation and Effortless Deep Meditation creates rapid movement toward autonomic homeostasis and a physiologic shift in the autonomic nervous system promoting parasympathetic arousal within the first two sessions.
Sustaining a practice requires tools that are easily mastered, provide high-yield results and take minimal time. The APW program provides those tools. Join us for this important event to learn best mind-body practices for wellness.
The APW program targets all 4 drivers of resiliency:
- Energy renewal
- Emotion regulation
The core of the training includes the unique SKY breathwork practice and Effortless Deep Meditation technique (EDM). SKY breathwork is an advanced breath-based meditative tool (body-breath driven), while EDM is an automatic self-transcending method to meditation. These two practices have been sourced from traditional, ancient Indian meditation systems because of their time-tested effectiveness, fast-acting results and the ability to master them quickly.
The training includes:
- SKY breathwork practice
- Effortless Deep Meditation technique (EDM)
- Evidence based mind management principles used in positive psychology.
- Mindfulness based principles for greater awareness and stress management.
- Techniques to combat sleep difficulties.
- Narrative medicine.
- Belongingness exercises to develop stronger peer support.
- Short form yoga postures.
Accreditation Statement 16 hours
CME, CNE, CEU: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Advanced Physician Wellness program. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Evaluate the differences in methods, goals and results of mindfulness practices, yoga-based breathing meditation techniques and an effortless, non-focused, automatic self-transcending practice for deep meditation
- Describe the natural connection that exists between the breath and the mind and how using certain breathing techniques can significantly reduce anxiety and stressful reactions beyond traditional methods of relaxation
- Perform, without guidance, a specific set of breathing and meditation techniques that deeply rest and renew the mind and body, reduce anxiety and emotional stress, improve performance and increase compassion
- Identify specific negative bias tendencies of the mind to improve self-reflective reframing of negative thoughts to more positive responses resulting in improved patient interaction, team relationships and professionalism.