Therapeutic Yin Yoga and (self) MyoFascial Roll and Release 100YTT in Morocco!
Samdhana Yoga's 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
The combination of these two modalities is becoming more widespread and popular amongst yoga students, fitness enthusiasts, surfers and other sport-specific groups.
From this course, you will gain extensive knowledge and embodiment of your own tissues and how to keep them healthy, strong and supple. You will leave the course ready and able to teach a 1-1.5 hour Yin Yoga class, MyoFascial Roll and Release class or a combination of the two.
This course is designed to:
- Teach you how to understand and embody your own anatomy so that you can invite your students to do the same
- Provide a strong foundation of knowledge on connective tissue (fascial) health, neuroscience and pain, mindfulness techniques, Chinese Medicine fundamentals as it applies to Yin Yoga, the six major myofascial meridians (anatomy trains)
- Teach you how to teach (Self) MyoFascial Roll and Release and Yin Yoga therapeutically both in group setting and one-on-one private clients
Our training meets approximately 7-8 hours a day. Our days will begin with meditation followed by breakfast.
- Lectures will include hands-on (super fun), visual and partner work so that you have a solid base line of anatomical knowledge and familiarity. It is the only way to understand how to rehydrate fascia and also in recognizing skeletal variations in Yin yoga postures. It is also the only way you can turn around and teach your own students how to embody their anatomy without sounding too technical. It's paramount to understand anatomy and skeletal variations if you plan to teach Yin Yoga and/or Self MyoFascial Roll and Release techniques.
- With a deeper understanding and embodiment of anatomy, we move on to the theories of (Self) Myofascial Roll and Release and Yin Yoga. We review our anatomy by rolling out specific areas of the body, sequences that will melt adhesions and hydrate the fascia so that you regain mobility, enhance your proprioception, and down regulate your nervous system. The sequences are powerful and you can modify and add nuances appropriate for each practitioner.
- After introducing fascial mapping following the work of renowned rolfer, Thomas Myers, we then start to lay down a foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine meridian lines that gets layered over the fascial mapping. Keep in mind these are two different systems with a lot of overlap, but it's useful to understand both.
- Periodic labs will examine skeletal variations both on images and on each other. This will help to illustrate the great range in structural mobility, or a lack thereof.
- All key Yin yoga postures will be introduced and explored in several ways. Variations and modifications will be discussed to illustrate variances in skeletal structure. Use of props will be exercised here.
- Anatomy of breathing will be discussed as we introduce our component on neuroscience and pain. Techniques on how to release the diaphragm and we will delve deeper into breath work to add a level of depth to your existing pranayama practice.
- Throughout the course we will have light discussion and journaling assignments revolving around yoga psychology, Taoist alchemy (Traditional Chinese Medicine), and Buddhist philosophies. We will introduce Qi and Meridian Theories, as well as Five Elements and the Taoist principles of Yin and Yang in greater detail.
We offer EARLY BIRD prices for this lovely, 2 week retreat training as follows:
- Paid in full by November 15, you will receive a $400 discount:
- Paid in full by December 15, you will receive a $200 discount:
- After December 15, full price:
All-inclusive retreat package inclusions:
- Chic Moroccan-designed rooms with views of the ocean
- 3 organic meals a day
- All transport to and from Agadir airport on February 24 and March 10 only
- Student manual
- 3 Pdf books
- Certificate of Completion at the end provided you attend 100% of the course and teach a portion of a Yin yoga or MyoFascial Release class
Strict Refund Policies:
Cancel by November 15, $500 cancellation fee.
Cancel by December 15, $1000 cancellation fee.
After December 15, no refund.
Venue HighlightsThe Moroccan coast is one of the most stunning and beautiful coast lines dotted with amazing surf breaks, gorgeous beaches, epic sunsets, gourmet food, camels, horses, goats and amazing, beautiful people. Morocco is a place filled with sensory pleasures which include traditional spas (hammams), casbahs, souks, textiles, mountains to hike, and the cleanest Atlantic Ocean to swim, surf, or paddle board. It is my favorite location for my Yin Yoga and MyoFascial courses!
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleThe general daily schedule is as follows:
8:30-11 Lecture and slide presentations
11-12:30 Roll and Release
12:30-3:20 Lunch Break
3:30-6:30 Lab and Therapeutic Yin Yoga
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
AccommodationsDfrost Villa Surya is an amazing, private and gorgeous location in Imi Ouaddar, just a little north of the famous surf town, Taghazout. Situated overlooking Paradis Plage, it is both a tranquil sanctuary and idyllic venue as you are close to world class surf breaks and can enjoy the most stunning sunsets imaginable, but it is also tucked away to ensure the tranquility of any typical meditation retreat. The beach is just minutes away.
Students are given the option to share a double room, or have a room to themselves. The corresponding prices can be found above in the description.
Please click on their link below to see how beautiful the location where you will be staying: