Yoga and Creativity for Emotional Resilience
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- May 3 - 7, 2019 (5 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $655.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $655.00 Dormitory - Private - $825.00 LGH - Single - $915.00 LGH - Double - $915.00 LGH - Family room - $915.00 Tent-Site - $545.00 (All prices include $325.00 base amount)
Harness the healing power of Yoga and creativity to establish emotional stability and resilience during this weekend workshop. Yoga can help you lead a happier, more cheerful life. If negative thoughts and feelings keep you from happiness, Integral Yoga has practices to deeply transform and balance the emotions.
In this workshop you will explore:
- The psychological impact of Yoga asana (posture) practice
- Breathing practices to increase day-to-day coping skills
- The healing power of art and creativity to access and process emotions
- Grounding meditation for emotional balance
- How to take Yoga off the mat and into daily life to develop healthy emotions
Our goal is to integrate the mind and heart so we feel peaceful always. Join us for a Yoga and Creativity workshop to collectively work toward this goal.
This is a great workshop for Yoga teachers as well as students.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 22 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swami Vidyananda was approachable, engaging, and inspirational. I highly recommend any program presented by her. — Beth
The whole experience is well supported and wonderful. The whole community is heartful and helpful, especially for someone like me being here for the first time. Swami Vidyananda rocks! — Past Participant
[Swami Vidyananda’s] advice/instruction was very practical and relevant. She is so knowledgeable, approachable, and kind. — Past Participant
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.