Neuroscience, Yoga, and Mindfulness 5-Day Retreat: How Yoga Heals
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Sep 6 - 10, 2019 (5 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $705.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $705.00 Dormitory - Private - $835.00 LGH - Single - $925.00 LGH - Double - $925.00 LGH - Family room - $925.00 Tent-Site - $595.00 (All prices include $375.00 base amount)
The field of neuroscience shows that you can actually change your brain patterns—and therefore change your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors—which can promote healing in your system.
This 5-day retreat will focus on strategies for healing the body and mind through Yoga and mindfulness techniques. Dr. Mala will introduce you to powerful concepts and practices that she uses with her clients in her private practice. You’ll have the luxury of time and space to work with these amazing practices under Dr. Mala’s guidance and support.
In this mindfulness retreat, you’ll explore:
- Scientific ways you can rewire the brain, releasing old patterns and introducing new, healing energy
- Powerful hands-on healing methods designed to help with emotional balance through their positive impact on anxiety, depression, addictions, anger, stress, and other emotional and mental issues
- Established tools for helping with physical healing issues
These ideas and tools are on the cutting edge of neuroscience and therapy. Come to learn about this fascinating new field and discover what neuroscience, Yoga, and mindfulness have to offer you.
If you’re limited on time, consider joining us for the 2-day weekend workshop. Register here.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 15 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was looking for the next steps in my journey of managing anxiety and being more mindful. It was exactly what I was looking for—almost like a group therapy continuation of my own personal cognitive behavioral therapy journey. — Past Participant
All of it was fantastic… Mala was amazing and so is Yogaville. — Mary Carson
I particularly enjoyed looking at the relationship between thought, behavior, and yogic healing. — 2018 Participant
Mala was absolutely terrific! Great intersection and synthesis of neuroscience with Hinduism science/philosophy! — Dan Saint
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.