Immerse yourself in Celtic Beauty
Join us for a journey to Ireland! Connect to joy, beauty and wisdom with three master teachers in their fields at The Cliffs of of Moher retreat. Our days will include yoga and meditation, discussion of Celtic spirituality and guided hikes learning about the geology and environment of the region.
The purpose of this pilgrimage is to immerse ourselves in the beauty of Ireland and to learn more about ourselves and the world in which we live.
- You will be led by three master teachers:
- Susan Izard, who is the Minister of Spiritual Life at First Church of Christ Congregational in West Hartford, CT. where she divides her time between ministry with the church and offering individual spiritual direction. She will be guiding us daily in personal and group reflection as we encounter the spiritual gifts of the area.
- Dr. Scott Bailey began collecting pebbles as soon as he was old enough to wear pants with pockets. This led to a career as a research geologist, where he specializes studying how water-rock interactions influence soil development and the structure of ecosystems. The limestone which forms the Cliffs of Moher creates barrens with rare plants, underground caverns, and hosts many nesting seabirds making this an ideal location to explore interactions between rocks and natural communities. Scott will guide us on hikes around the area and conversations about the geological wonder of this region,
- Nancy C Murray, will be guiding us in daily yoga and meditation practice, both planned and spontaneous, designed to connect us deeply to ourselves and the energy of Ireland. In addition, she will be leading group Reiki healing sessions.
- The retreat includes:
- · 6 Nights / 7 Days lodging at Cliffs of Moher Retreat Center
- · Three delicious vegetarian meals per day (with the exception of dinner out one evening.)
- · Guided hikes around the beautiful western coast of Ireland
- · Group gatherings to reflect on Celtic spirituality
- · Discussion of local geology and environment
- · Daily Kripalu yoga and meditation, group Reiki healings
- 15 hours of CEU’s available for Yoga Teachers, however, the content of the week will be accessible and appropriate for all levels.
Venue HighlightsOur purpose designed, luxury venue is set against the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, the Cliffs of Moher and the beautiful countryside of Co.Clare, Ireland. We are located on the west coast of Ireland and Europe just about the mid-point of The Wild Atlantic Way, a 400 Kilometre stretch along Ireland’s rugged western coastline. We provide a variety of luxury yoga retreats throughout the year.
Join us in our beautiful yoga studio and watch the wild waters of the Atlantic Ocean from the comfort of our under-floor heated space. Set in the grounds of our retreat and facing directly out to Liscannor Bay, a massive wall of glass spanning 10m x 3m takes in the most stunning sea-view.
Our architecturally designed building has been lovingly created with your retreat in mind. All the details have been carefully planned and thought out. You will find the most modern heating system, bringing the room to the temperature of your choice. There is a state of the art sound system operated by Bluetooth and our lighting scheme allows for different moods and options.
The space is fully stocked with yoga equipment including mats, blocks, bricks, belts, blankets and bolsters. We have a fluoride-free fresh water filter and 2 bathrooms, one of which is wheelchair accessible. There is a large spacious arrival hall and a beautiful therapy room which is available to use for massages and other therapies.
The yoga studio has been orientated with the South-facing glass curtain taking in the views of the Atlantic Ocean and there are 2 panoramic windows, one facing East and catching the morning sunrise and the other facing West and allowing the pink light of sunset to filter in.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
ScheduleA typical day's schedule:
Informal discussion about Celtic spirituality
Guided hike to explore nature and geology of region
Discussion - group led spiritual reflection or geology discussion
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOur Food Philosophy
We believe in delicious food that makes us feel great. We believe in food that leaves as little footprint as possible. We believe in food that is cooked and prepared with love, in a harmonious environment. We believe in organic. We grow our own vegetables. We believe in local first, regional second and international after that. We believe in food that supports the community. We believe in BIG FLAVOURS. We love colours. We believe the kitchen is a blank easel where creative juices are allowed to flow with the seasons, the weather, the mood and the people creating it. We believe that food is at the heart of our retreats, that our dining room is the main place where groups all meet as one, as equals and as valued guests.
Food is a leveller. Food is for sharing. Food is community.
We believe that the atmosphere in which we eat accounts for a lot of the experience.
We believe in homemade, handmade and happy.
We believe in simple, sensual and seasonal meals.
We believe in service and we are honoured to serve you.
AccommodationsLooking for a peaceful night’s sleep? We have 14 bedrooms and can sleep up to 30 guests. Here is a list of the types of rooms we have available. At the time of booking, only the remaining rooms will be available to book. No matter what room choice, all our beds are made with the same Egyptian Cotton linen, hotel style mattresses, a bath towel per person and a hand towel per bathroom, hairdryer and hand-soap.
Twin Ensuite: Our most popular room choice, these rooms are large with two twin beds, a number of which can be converted into a Queen sized bed when occupied by a couple. We have many of these rooms available and they range in style, decor and view but are all similar. All these rooms are ensuite.
Single Ensuite: These rooms are similar to our Twin Ensuite above and vary in size, decor and view, but are all ensuite.
The Quad Room This is a large spacious room with 4 single beds with ample space beside each of them. There is a separate bathroom with an additional separate toilet in the same house.
Twin Shared Bathroom: This is a smaller twin room to our ensuite twin rooms, and shares a large bathroom with one other single room. The bathroom has a freestanding shower and large bath. There is an additional separate toilet in the same house. This room has two single beds in it. We have only one of these rooms available.
Single Shared Bathroom: This room has a window looking out to the courtyard with a single bed and shares a large bathroom with one twin room. The bathroom has a freestanding shower and large bath. There is an additional separate toilet in the same house. We have one of these rooms available.
DirectionsOur yoga retreat is in Co.Clare on the West Coast of Ireland
Eircode: V95 A499
Shannon is our closest airport. You can catch a taxi from the airport directly to the Retreat for approximately €90.