Weekend Pharping Pilgrimage
This four-day pilgrimage is held in the area of Pharping, located in the South-Western corner of the Kathmandu Valley. It is the ideal long weekend get-away if you are a resident of Kathmandu, wishing to further explore the Buddhist culture in Nepal and learn about Tibetan Buddhist meditation techniques, or if you are visiting Nepal and wish to take a few days out of of your programme and explore a sacred valley with many holy sites. The groups will be of maximum 10 people.
Weekend getaway to rejuvenate your Mind, Body and Soul.
- Daily Dharma talks & introduction to meditation practice
- Hike through rice fields and local villages in the Pharping Valley
- Visit the cave of the self-arisen Tara; manifesting naturally from inside the cave, a sacred Vajrayogini spot (Buddhist deity) and other Padmasambhava caves
- We venture up the Haatiban hill through pine tree forest from the monastery to Dudjom Rinpoche’s retreat land, overlooking the Pharping Valley
Venue HighlightsWe stay at a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, host to some 100 monks located on a hill overlooking the entire Kathmandu Valley. This gives us an incredible opportunity to witness Buddhist monks in their daily lives in the monastery, while at the same time it offers us the perfect place and environment to learn about Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan Buddhist meditation practices
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
Schedule-We start day with morning meditation in the Monastery shrine room and after breakfast we continue our session on Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and storytelling of great, Buddhist masters of the Himalayan region
-We hike through rice fields and local villages in the Pharping Valley
-We talk about the tradition of doing solitary retreat within the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, and guide a session of meditation in the small shrine room.
- We practice mediation after dinner.
- Gluten Free