Eyes Open Wellness Retreat (Sold Out)
- Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Learning Center
- Vida Asana Playa Hermosa Jaco Costa Rica
- Jan 5 - 11, 2019 (7 days)
- Shared Occupancy - $800.00 Single Occupancy - $1,150.00
Come rediscover yourself between the ocean and the jungle. Vida Asana was founded in 2002 and was one of the first yoga retreat centers on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Since then, Vida Asana has grown into a beautiful retreat center and eco-resort, providing a combination of lodging, fresh organic meals, pool, hammocks, yoga, surfing, and mountain biking vacations. The property is tucked away in the rainforest, less than a mile from the beach, and blends perfectly with the jungle environment. We will enjoy a simple and mindful experience that is often lacking in our daily lives. Breathing in the full energy of this incredible place will inspire you to slow down, to listen, and to connect. A perfect way to start the new year!
My intention for this retreat is to create an inclusive atmosphere that is truly for all levels of yoga practitioners – from the brand new yogi to the seasoned veteran. The unique customization of classes and activities will provide you with the opportunity to explore what is best for YOU. Each morning, you will be treated to a centering meditation & breath practice followed by a mindful, balanced vinyasa practice that will awaken and revitalize your body. In the evenings, we will experience a calming, restorative practice filled with peaceful sounds and the gorgeous backdrop of the jungle. In addition to exploring our yoga practice, we will immerse ourselves in a couple of excursions on select afternoons as well. A lovely mix of yoga, adventure, alone time, and relaxation.
Kelsey Whittaker is the owner of Wild Root Yoga. She has been practicing yoga for 8 years and has been teaching for 6. Kelsey is a runner, a cyclist, a rookie climber, a dog mom, a lover of IPAs and excellent coffee, and a nature enthusiast. She loves teaching yoga because it’s a wonderfully simple way to move your body – all you need is a mat. Kelsey moved to Nebraska in 2012 for graduate school and was lucky enough to find two incredible teachers with whom she obtained her 200 hour yoga teaching certification. With the desire to learn more, Kelsey enrolled in her 500 hour certification program with Carole Westerman at Evolve to Harmony yoga in Omaha. Kelsey’s favorite part about teaching yoga is seeing students connect with themselves on a level they’ve never explored before, simply by providing them with the tools to turn inward.
You’ll arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica on Saturday, January 5th and we’ll have dinner and an evening. You’ll depart on Friday, January 11th after breakfast and a morning practice.
Since I am planning a bit last minute, I am offering a BIG discount on this retreat. Please take a moment to recognize how lucky we are to immerse ourselves in Costa Rica during peak season with many amenities included in the investment price.
• $800/person (double occupancy)
• $1,150/person (single occupancy)
• Lodging (6 nights) with excellent wifi
• 2 daily yoga practices
• 3 meals daily: Every menu item is truly delicious and made from scratch using whole, and as often as possible, organic ingredients. The food is mostly gluten free, and vegan centric.
• Guided hike through Manual Antonio National Park : At this park you are guaranteed to see monkeys, sloths, raccoons, and a variety of other wildlife. Your guide will provide a scope for up close viewing and take you along the reserve culminating in one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. On the way back to Vida Asana you will stop at the famous “El Avion” restaurant for the view, bite to eat, smoothie or adult beverage.
• Use of pool, sundeck, and hammocks
• Use of cruiser bicycles to get to and from the beach (5 min ride)
• Transportation to and from San Jose airport (a $120 savings!)
• Flights (round trip from Omaha is ~$600-$800)
• Spa treatments
• Personal Expenses
• Additional excursions or activities outside of what’s already planned
• Alcoholic beverages and additional food and beverage purchases
How to reserve your spot
To reserve your spot for this retreat, a US $400 deposit is required. The deposit is non-refundable. Full payment is due on or before December 15th, 2018. Deposits are non-refundable, however, if we are able to fill your space we will reimburse you the amount you paid minus the deposit. Once you reserve your spot, we will invite you to a private Facebook group where you can introduce yourself, ask questions, confirm flight details, etc. Kelsey will be active on the Facebook group to help you feel totally comfortable with your plans!