Weekend Pharping Pilgrimage
About This Event
This pilgrimage is held in the area of Pharping, located in the South-Western corner of the Kathmandu Valley. It is the ideal long weekend get-away if you are a resident of Kathmandu, wishing to further explore the Buddhist culture in Nepal and learn about Tibetan Buddhist meditation techniques, or if you are visiting Nepal and wish to take a few days out of of your program and explore a sacred valley with many holy sites. The groups will be of maximum 10 people.
Weekend getaway to rejuvenate your Mind, Body and Soul.
- Daily Dharma talks & introduction to meditation practice
- Hike through rice fields and local villages in the Pharping Valley
- Visit the cave of the self-arisen Tara; manifesting naturally from inside the cave, a sacred Vajrayogini spot (Buddhist deity) and other Padmasambhava caves
- We venture up the Haatiban hill through pine tree forest from the monastery to Dudjom Rinpoche’s retreat land, overlooking the Pharping Valley
Schedule-We start day with morning meditation in the Monastery shrine room and after breakfast we continue our session on Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and storytelling of great, Buddhist masters of the Himalayan region
-We hike through rice fields and local villages in the Pharping Valley
-We talk about the tradition of doing solitary retreat within the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, and guide a session of meditation in the small shrine room.
- We practice mediation after dinner.
Venue HighlightsWe stay at a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, host to some 100 monks located on a hill overlooking the entire Kathmandu Valley. This gives us an incredible opportunity to witness Buddhist monks in their daily lives in the monastery, while at the same time it offers us the perfect place and environment to learn about Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan Buddhist meditation practices
AccommodationsThe Tibetan Buddhist monastery guesthouse we stay serve delicious, vegetarian and organic meals and their rooms are very nice with own bath tub and hot water.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Gluten Free