Living Well: Intensive Retreat for Health Care Professionals
- Art of Living Retreat Center
- Boone, NC, USA
- Jun 28 - 30, 2019 (3 days)
- Hotel Room Single - $1,085.00 Hotel Room Double Sharing - $975.00 Retreat Room Single - $1,015.00 Retreat Room Double Sharing - $935.00 Retreat Room Triple Sharing - $895.00
About This Event
The Living Well: Intensive Retreat – Happiness Program & Sahaj Meditation is a 20-hour Continuing Education Credit program combining 2 cornerstone techniques; Sudarshan Kriya and Sahaj Samadhi Meditation based on the ancient Vedic science of breath and art of meditation.
Sudarshan Kriya® A unique powerful breathing practice using natural specific rhythms that facilitate the release of deep stress and harmonize the body and mind.
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation® A personal practice of meditation that is natural and effortless to relax the mind and body into a state of deep and profound restfulness to unfold one’s own infinite potential.
The course is taught over 3 days with total 20 hours (20 hours onsite, followed by an optional 2 hours follow-up session after 1-2 weeks either in person or online) The CME certificates are provided upon completion of the program. Participation in all sessions of the program is mandatory for CME Certificate.
A FREE 2-hour Pre-Session Introductions to the Living Well Programs as well as a 2-hour Post-Session Follow-up to the Living Well Programs is offered at specific times and venues, before and after the CME Activity respectively. These sessions are also approved to provide 1.5 Continuing Education Credits. For the schedule please contact the program coordinator.
The course is designed for Physicians, Physicians-in-Training (medical students, residents, fellows), Osteopath practitioners, Nurses, Allied healthcare professionals and Integrative medicine practitioners who want to incorporate the ancient and modern sciences for stress management and self-development into their daily lives.
Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the connection between body, mind, breath, and Self.
2. Reflect on the tendencies of the mind and recognize how managing the mind can help bring awareness and alleviate stress and burnout.
3. Relate to the science of breath and breathing techniques as tangible tools to increase energy and reduce stress.
4. Identify and optimize the sources of energy to maximize personal well-being.
5. Demonstrate, perform and practice Yoga asana, Breathing techniques, and unique process of Sudarshan KriyaTM
6. Practice Sahaj Samadhi Meditation and follow the instructions to adhere to daily Meditation practice.
7. Develop practical tools and social skills through reflective interactive processes.
8. Incorporate the course’s knowledge into daily life to create regular self-care practices for life-long benefits.