200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING October 7 -Nov 1st 2019 Padangbai, Bali
About This Event
BE Yoga - In contrast to the western world’s view of yoga, based on ‘doing yoga’, which is actually hatha yoga or asana (postures). Yoga is complex, multifaceted, and not easily defined. It is not an action and it is not exercise. Yoga is presence. Yoga is a practice. Yoga is all the ways to connect to one’s highest potential. It is the practice of ‘evenness of mind’ or “skill in action” - unshakeable equanimity, profound peace of mind, not entangled emotionally and free from the detachment to dualities of pleasure and pain, or success and failure, or good or bad. Yoga is the path to knowing your real nature, your true self. It is the journey of spiritual wisdom - the journey of being embodied consciousness and living divinity.
Yoga is about training the physical form, the mind, and the senses. Being yoga is the presence and connection to our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies through the gateway of the heart. Anahata, hridaya, cor … it is our core, and the connection point of the lower body chakras and the higher consciousness chakras. The heart is the key, the focal point, the access portal.
At Anahata Conscious Living, we practice yoga as a form of being. Being embodied consciousness. Being on the spiritual path. Being of service. Being a global community. Being compassion. And Being love. Be yoga.
Restoring faith in humanity is an evolutionary process that begins with conscious living. We believe that by raising awareness, teaching Yoga+Meditation+Pranayama+Wellness and Conscious Living we can help those in need and create a more harmonious planet. We believe in Being Yoga, rather than doing yoga because the path to living consciously is through the portal of our unique journey to embodied divinity. We are inspired by the power of service, and spread our message of “Living through Giving” throughout our practice. Committed to strengthening individuals and communities, Anahata Conscious Living donates 3% of revenue to our philanthropic partners in Chile, Mexico, USA, Guatemala, Indonesia and India.
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Anahata Yoga Teacher Training School follows the certification guidelines set by Yoga Alliance.
Prepare to be empowered with the tools to teach the wisdom traditions of yoga. And learn how to share this intuitive technology in the modern world.
Our approach begins with you. Whether you’re seeking to shift your career path or looking to discover who you are, our transformational experience will be a part of your journey.
Our twenty-six days Intensive includes:
- Alignment-based Asana practice with anatomy and physiology principles to build a solid foundation
- Learn the foundations of “Vinyasa Flow”, by learning to create intelligent flow sequences linking movement with breath
- Principles of Pranayama
- Philosophy; The Yoga Sutras, History of Yoga, Sanskrit, Ancient Texts and Teachings
- Subtle body; including Chakras and Koshas.
- Introduction to Meditation.
- Art of Teaching; including individual, group and classroom scenario practice teaching (methodology and practicum).
- Hands-on adjustments (effective communication through hands-on adjustments and clear verbal cues).
- Intelligent sequencing for all levels.
- The business of yoga and private sessions.
Our exemplary standards will ensure that our students receive the highest degree of foundational training; providing dedicated time to students from the first day of class to the last day. Our goal is for each student to be prepared with the professional skills and confidence to become a teacher.
Our teacher trainers focus on consciousness living, self-awareness of our higher selves, encouraging all students to not only learn through theory and practice but also through personal and transcendental experience. We strive to assist students in the harmonization of body, mind, and spirit into that of pure being.Required Reading
Yoga Anatomy - Second edition, Author Leslie Kaminoff
Amy Mathews .
The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice- Author; T.K.V. Desikachar
Light on Life: The Yoga Journey to Wholeness, Inner Peace, and Ultimate Freedom- Author; B.K.S. Iyengar
Light on Panayama-Author; B.K.S. Iyengar
The Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit- Author; Donna Farhi
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Author; Sri Swami Satchidananda
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
* Anatomy and Physiology- An in-depth study of the anatomy of movement and key systems of the body. Understand how the body works and apply this knowledge for safe and effective practice and teaching.
* Key Poses of Yoga- An in-depth study of postures, alignment, energetic and health benefits, adjustments, and modifications.
* The Lineages and History of Yoga - Learn where yoga comes from and how it has developed into its modern form today. An exploration of the foundational traditions and their philosophies, including Hatha, Tantra, and Vinyasa Yoga.
* Darshan- Darshan simply means a way of seeing. In other words, Darshans are the principle philosphical perspectives that define yoga. We will explore several of these including The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that contains what is considered the most concise definition of yoga ever written as well as clear guidelines of how to achieve yoga.
* The Science of Yogic Breathing- this is much more than inhale/exhale. The breath is the primary life force and is the foundation of a meaningful yogic practice. The breath has a profound influence on our nervous system and how we interact with the world. We will cover its application to postures and meditation.
* Understanding the Energetic Body- Prana and the Chakras. Ancient yogis described the anatomy of the subtle body, beyond the physical form. There are many layers to understanding Prana, the prime life force and how it moves through the Chakras or energetic centers. This force and the currents of energy known as prana vayus are the very foundation of what makes yoga so powerful.
* Introduction to Ayurveda - Understanding this ancient sister science that grew from the same foundational philosophy as Yoga and Buddhism. Learn how to understand yourself and others through the context of doshas, gunas, prana, tejas and ojas.
* The Art and Science of Sequencing - You will learn how the tools of asana (postures), dharana (intention), pranayama (breathing methods), bandha (energy locks) and meditation are used to create meaningful sequences. A good class is not just biomechanically sound but also powerful on more subtle levels.
* Understanding Meditation- Developing your skills as a meditation teacher is an important part of filling your classes with rich, meaningful content. The power of meditation is significant. We will be sharing a variety of different methods for developing your own personal meditation practice and learning to teach.
* Developing a Yogic lifestyle- This goes much deeper than what you wear or what you eat. Understand how to incorporate the tools and philosophies of yoga to map out an authentic and purposeful life.
* Taking the seat of the teacher- There is more to leading a class than just having knowledge of yoga practice. We'll give you tools to be an effective leader through understanding the responsibilities and ethics in the classroom, and as in your community.
* Business of Yoga - In many places throughout the world yoga has become a competitive market for most yoga teachers. There are a number of ways to you can stand out from the crowd and jump start your teaching career. We'll show you how.
* Learn to Teach- In our courses everyone will get the opportunity to teach and refine their yoga language skills and their ability to deliver an inspiring class. There will be plenty of practice teaching: one on one, in small groups, and in front of the whole class.
Students will assist to serve meals and perform group cleaning activities. They may also participate in community work during their yoga teacher training course for 20 non-contact hours towards your 200 hours
We will cover the details of each pose from:
Pronunciation of Sanskrit
Instructing the pose
Breath use entering, holding & exiting poses
We provide the tools in creating a full one-hour and half class. Picking from the many categories of poses, you will design a class unique to you but following general yoga standards.
We will discuss other topics like:
Class room attire
Leading the Energy of the class
Basics of Ayurveda
The Shat Karmas
The Gunas (The Bhagavad Gita)
The Pancha Pranas
During the final week of your course, we will conduct assessments and evaluate what you’ve learned. For successful completion of our course, each participant must attend all classes, submit a summary of what he or she learned, show an understanding of skills needed to teach yoga and lead a class totaling 90 min. with their group to ensure the highest standards of certification are maintained.
"Your successful completion of our course and final examination are required for you to gain your yoga teacher certification. These are the criteria we will grade upon"
Regular attendance of all classes (including satsanga and seva).
Enthusiasm and positive attitude during practical asana, pranayama and kriya classes.
Yoga teaching skills.
Passing score on leading your group class.
Completion of weekly assignments.
Giving a final presentation.
"PLEASE REMEMBER YOU WILL BE AT A SACRED SPIRITUAL LOCATION. SO PLEASE WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO BE RESPECTFUL AND WARE PROPER ATTIRE.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
Morning Asana and Meditation: 7 am-8:30 am
Breakfast: 8:30 am-9:30 am
Lecture: 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Lunch: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
Practicum : 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Break: 3:30 pm-4 pm
Lecture: 4 pm - 5:30 pm
Evening Asana and Meditation: 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
Dinner: 7:30 pm-8:30 pm
Our Sacred Conscious space
Bloo Lagoon is an eco-resort that overlooks the ocean above Padangbai, Bali.
Bloo Lagoon is an alternative for those travelers who treasure contact with nature and wish to live in harmony with it. It is an ecosystem that attracts birds, butterflies, frogs, geckos, and plants. Occasionally we see monkeys and monitor lizards.
Located approximately one hour and a half from Ngurah Rai – Bali International Airport, Padangbai is a busy port where most people take the ferry to/from Lombok and onwards to the Gilis, Komodo Islands and Flores.
With its beautiful setting, small, unspoiled village feel, it must qualify as one of the most attractive port towns in the world. At the northern end of the town sits the 11th century Pura Silayukti Temple and just beyond it lies the Blue Lagoon, a small white sand beach great for snorkeling, diving and relaxing in the local warungs.
All Bloo Lagoon’s villas are designed with open spaces that flow indoors to outdoors that suitable for singles, couples and families. One, two and three bedroom villas are equipped with kitchens, linens and tableware.
Enjoy outdoor bathing surrounded by lush vegetation or sip a drink while sitting under an umbrella or lounging on the swimming pool shore. Bloo Lagoon Villas & Resort, PadangBai. A place to get in touch with the East Balinese
Culture via sustainable tourism for more informatiom on the villas: (contact info blocked)
The work that Ari has portrayed through Anahata Conscious Living has helped mold my inner being into a more enlivened state. Her essence shines through undoubtedly and not to mention her knowledge and instinctive knowing is powerful to have experienced. I feel blessed to spend precious time with such an incredible human, healer and friend. With Gratitude, Lindsay M Ari exudes warmth and kindness in everything that she does and her guidance has been life changing in my yoga practice. She is extremely knowledgeable about the body due to her education in traditional medicine and Ayurvedic modalities. I trust her completely and feel safe and supported in her presence. Her classes are the perfect mix of healing energy for the mind and soul yet challenging and results driven for the body. I love Ari’s healing energy. I’ve being seeing her for that last 3 years and feeling so much better. Love her detox program and her essential oils. Her private yoga lessons are a very effective and she works on individual muscles and stretching and I can’t wait for my next session with her. Ronit Falevitch. Thank you Ari, thank you Anahata Conscious Living for your dedication, spirit and light. I’ve signed up for another yoga 10-pack with them and am hoping that I can make it to their “Under the Bali Sun Retreat” in September 2018! I must add, that I highly appreciate the fact that a portion of the money I spend to help myself goes towards helping others through ACL’s “Living Through Giving” program. Kudos to them! Keep up the good work and THANKS AGAIN!!! -B. Summers