Brave Heart Workshops Mansion at Big East Fork Retreat Center Franklin (Nashville) TN July 19-21, 2019
- Brave Heart Workshop Mansion in the Woods at Big East Fork in Franklin, TN July 19-21, 2019
- 5375 Big East Fork Rd, Franklin, TN 37064
- Jul 19 - 21, 2019 (3 days)
About This Event
The Brave Heart Workshops are life-changing experiences that are beneficial to anyone who participates – whether from a personal or professional perspective.
The Brave Heart Workshops are designed to help attendees identify their burdens, resulting in living a more fulfilled life. The Workshops help you embrace a more compassionate relationship with yourself and others.
The Brave Heart Workshops provide a unique way to help you "Unmask" the “Masks” you hide behind. The Workshops provide a model of transformation that allows you to find healing, conquer fears, grieve your losses, and find wholeness and connection with yourself and others. By unmasking core wounds, and the things we use as protection in our lives that drive us in dysfunctional relational patterns, attendees are set free to live their lives more fully and joyfully.
Brave Heart Workshops provide for a safe environment to discover burdens, learn about setting boundaries, process codependency, and trauma, and work on core wounds that keep participants stuck in dysfunctional relationship patterns.
This process may include identifying and expressing feelings; identifying patterns of self-sabotage; discovering the source of low self-esteem; and identifying, unmasking, and working on burdens that keep us stuck in our pain. Common burdens that can be released include Anxiety, Grief, Disgust, Criticism, Anger, Busyness, Perfectionism, and Worthlessness.
The Brave Heart Workshops use a unique blend of drama therapy, and the Internal Family Systems Model to help participants explore their internal, and external worlds.
The goal of the weekend is to provide a setting where attendees can unburden the burdens that weigh them down, and live a life with more freedom and peace.
Brave Heart Workshops advance emotional wellness in a comfortable retreat-style lodging community with nutritional meals. Participants discover a new purpose and hope for the future. They develop a solid self-care plan for moving forward in their lives, and are provided solutions toward self-compassion, and self-love.
The Brave Heart Workshops bring out your true "Authentic" Self and are Life-Changing
Does the busyness in life distract you?
Is there an ache in your life? Has busyness become the new drug of choice in our lives?
It’s easier to be busy than to slow down, and listen to our loneliness, sadness, or how truly exhausted we feel. Do you fill your schedule with so much so you can avoid how you truly feel?
Busyness is a burden of a hurting heart.
Does the burden of busyness preside, so you can’t connect with yourself or with others?
We live in a world filled with so much busyness, and avoidance, that we become overwhelmed. Most of our paces don’t warrant the time to sit, and be still long enough to know how we are feeling, let alone enough time to know what burdens in our lives we are avoiding.
It’s Time….Do you want to STOP Avoiding?
Turning away may appear to save time now, but can cause issues down the road
What does it takes to Become Brave & Authentic and Slow Down?
These Workshops are for anyone who desire to:
*Experience more freedom in their personal, and professional lives
*Take time to address your unique issues
*Discover how you became blocked
*Be more connected with self and others
*Unburden burdens in their lives
*Find more emotional freedom
*Stretch yourself in ways you never thought possible
*Breakthrough patterns & habits you struggle with or that keep you stuck
*Discover powerful new pathways in your lives
*Receive peace, balance, &wholeness
*Formulate an action plan for the next steps in your lives
One weekend of releasing these burdens has resulted in people saying their lives have dramatically changed.
RENEW YOUR SOUL WITH A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AND
DISCOVER A NEW SONG IN LIFE
CONTACT US BEFORE REGISTERING AS WE ARE ALMOST SOLD OUT TO ASSURE A SPACE
BE BRAVE BE AUTHENTIC Inspiring you to be Brave, Strong, & Courageous “THE CAMARADERIE AND SENSE OF FEELING SAFE WAS FELT IMMEDIATELY” The workshop was a great experience for me, opening up a door to some issues from my past I was unaware of before. It was challenging, but one of the most enlightening opportunities of my life. I discovered the root of my trauma and was able to take home what I learned in the workshop and fully heal, conquer my fears, and confront major obstacles in my life. I learned about my strength, my desires, my needs, and my true authentic self. I found my voice and my freedom. I feel so blessed, grateful, inspired and hopeful that others can do the same. Dorothy in her 30's I had some trepidation, not fully knowing what it was about. This weekend was such a breakthrough - truly Life Changing! For all ages – I am in my 50’s, and my healing journey catapulted onto an entirely new & powerful path. Colleen; 56 years old The level of self-realization that comes from these workshops is incredible. It made more of an impact than I ever would have imagined. Laurielle 19 years old The brave heart workshops I’ve attended have both been excellent. Laura is a gifted healer & the people & accommodations were wonderful. It was one of the best experiences of its kind I’ve ever had. I’m in my 70’s and I loved it! Ann is in her 70's For anyone age 18 and over
- Inspiring you to be Brave, Strong, & Courageous
- A compassionate way to help you “Unmask” the Masks you hide behind
- Explore areas in your life you want to uncover. It might be an area of hurt, curiosity or a dynamic in one’s life
- Each participant will have an opportunity to do an individual piece of work with Dr. Laura Wood, along with the groups support, and “setting up the scene”, to help bring clarity, and understanding in your life
- Workshop is interspersed with learning, connection, breath, meditation and prayer, journaling, art-making, and playfulness
- Each weekend is unique in the makeup of its participants, and helps set the tone, and direction for where the “Group” wants to go
- Drama therapy advances the participants insight, empathy, stabilization of moods, and anxiety, facilitating healthier, and more connecting relationships
- Drama therapy uses role, story, metaphor, and the body to help the participants tell their unique narratives, solve problems, and make “new” choices in life
- Provides a model of transformation which allows you to find healing, wholeness, and connection with yourself, and with others.
- Brings out your true “Authentic” Self and are Life-Changing
- Facilitator, Dr. Laura Wood assists participants to discover, and feel safe with their parts that have been hidden and masked
- Leaning about your burdens and parts, improves your capability to engage in healthy and connecting relationships, and have a greater sense of self
- Experience more compassion, empathy, vulnerability, and connection for yourself and with others
- Find a new hope through your story and discover more about others in their story too. We really do share much in common
- A supportive, confidential, compassionate workshop that is ready to hear, and hold your story, and celebrate your uniqueness
- Participants become inspired to find their voices, a new found freedom, and empowerment
- Allows participants to BE BRAVE, and allows your “Authentic Self” to be seen and known
- The work is compassionate, challenging, moving, eye-opening, healing, and transformative
- Serving persons in their emotional healing and recovery journey through Drama therapy, helps them transform into being the “Actors” and “Directors” of their own “Authentic” life
- Dr. Laura L. Wood graduated with her doctorate in Counseling, and Counselor Education from the University of Missouri-Saint Louis, and is a NYS Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, a Licensed Creative Arts Therapist, and a Registered Drama Therapist-Board Certified Trainer, and has her M.A. in Drama Therapy from New York University, and is the 2018 President of the North American Drama Therapy Association
- She has both lectured nationally, and internationally, and published in these areas. In 2015-2016 she was awarded the Drama Therapy Fund Research grant, and the Molloy College Student Faculty Recognition Award. In addition to teaching, Dr. Wood is also the Practicum, and Internship Coordinator for the CMHC program, and is passionate about working with students.
- The workshops are from Friday evening till Sunday mid-afternoon
- Please note that it’s required to attend all sessions of the Weekend Workshops
FRIDAY: CHECK IN AFTER 3:00 P.M.
FRIDAY DINNER BETWEEN 4:30-5:45 PM
FRIDAY WORKSHOP BEGINS AT 6:00 PM. SHARP
(PLEASE DON’T BE LATE WE CAN’T BEGIN TILL ALL PARICIPANTS HAVE ARRIVED)
FRIDAY WORKSHOP ENDS BETWEEN 9:00 -9:30 PM
LIGHTS OUT AT 11:00 PM
BREAKFAST FROM 7:00 AM-8:00 AM
WORKSHOP BEGINS AT 8:30 AM
LUNCH BETWEEN 11:30-1:00 PM
WORKSHOP RESUMES AT 1:00 AND WILL GO TILL DINNER
DINNER BETWEEN 5:30 PM AND 6:30 PM
WORKSHOP RESUMES AT 6:45 PM AND GOES TILL 9:00-9:30 PM
BREAKFAST FROM 7:00 AM-8:00 AM
WORKSHOP BEGINS AT 8:30 AM AND GOES TILL 11:30 AM
LUNCH ON SUNDAY FROM 11:30-12:30 PM
WORKSHOP RESUMES AT 12:30-2:30 OR 3:00 PM
CHECK OUT AND DEPART RETREAT CENTER AT 3:00 PM
Venue HighlightsThe Mansion in the Woods is discretely located in the woods of Tennessee Green’s 1400-acre Land Trust Secluded and beautiful, the Mansion is the perfect getaway for your private party or professional getaway. The luxurious atmosphere of the Mansion is the perfect place to forget your worries and connect with what matters most to you.
Sitting room, formal dining, entertainment room, massive outdoor & screened patios, and four fridges.
Mansion with huge rooms, grand spiral staircase, library/ salon, living/media room, huge screened party deck, and unscreened-in outdoor deck. Guests staying in the Kids Room (4 twin beds downstairs) have a half bath without tub or shower.
The property sits on a ridge adjacent to Natchez Parkway and is accessible to bikers via a short shortcut through the woods. This is a wonderful place for EVENTS send a message to receive details, pricing and contract.
30 gigabytes of Satellite internet data are provided. This is enough for browsing, emails and apps.
The Mansion lies just above a pristine creek within a gorgeous valley. 20 miles from downtown Nashville and 8 miles from historic Franklin and light years away from the stress of city life.
Big East Fork Retreat, located just down the hill is part of a 1400 acre Conservation easement and features a 6 acre lake as well as Love More Cafe and a live music venue. Big East Fork Farms, just downstream, provides organic produce and hosts various livestock.
AccommodationsUpstairs includes large master suite King bed (bath, shower, two commodes, two vanities, walk-in closet with space for two twin beds); a room on other side of house with queen bed and full Bath; Two Bedroom suite (2 kings) w/ shared full bath and room for additional mattresses; kids room downstairs w/ 4 twins.
The Mansion has three bedrooms with their own full baths.
Guests living in the Balcony Room and Garden View Room must share the full bath (with two sinks)
There are two half baths downstairs.
1 king bed
1 king bed, 1 double bed
1 king bed, 2 single beds
1 Queen bed
1 Queen bed
2 single trundle beds
3 Full Bathrooms; 2 powder bathrooms
Menu/CuisineBreakfast Items of Yogurt, Hard Boiled Eggs, Bagels, Cream Cheese, Fruit; Oatmeal and Cold Cereals
Lunch Items will be salads; Grilled Chicken; Chips; Salsa, Lunch Meat; Tortillas, Shredded Cheese, Tomatoes, Breads; Fruit
Dinners will be Chili; Stews; Soups; Salads; Salmon
Snacks; Fruit, Kind Bars, Popcorn; Cookies
DirectionsNashville International Airport (BNA)
Delta Air Lines
Sun Country Airlines
48 MINUTES 30.0 MILES from Nashville Airport to Workshop