About This Event
Let’s face it… you deserve a break! As a mental health professional, you are always giving to others, but when was the last time you had time for yourself? This is where come in. We've created an incredible experience that facilitates reset and recharge, plus we give you tools to help you do your job better.
Personality Portraits: 8-11 October 2019
Discovering the importance of personality in yourself and your clients is crucial to effective service delivery. The ultimate goal of psychology is to improve quality of life through a better understanding of individual differences and similarities. This retreat was developed to help therapists gain a deeper understanding of personality and how defense mechanisms relate to personality disorders.
PD is held in the morning, and the afternoons are yours to enjoy doing peer supervision, relaxing, sight-seeing, shopping, or spending time with your partner/family. For our entire retreat schedule, please visit (contact info blocked)
Anne founded CORE Clinical Psychology in 2002 and continues to work as a Clinical Psychologist in two practice locations. She is dedicated to helping people discover a greater understanding of their core value. Along with Amanda Viviers, Anne is the co-founder of The Boardroom Retreat - a platform for delivering emotional and professional development to business leaders. Anne is well-respected in her field as is evidenced by being awarded prizes of excellence from Edith Cowan University and the APS. Anne has wide-spread experience in writing and facilitating accredited training programs. She is an experienced supervisor and enjoys teaching therapists how to work from a place of insight.
Jorg helps people become aware of their true nature, where what one does to another, they also do to themselves. A registered psychologist and hypnotherapist in private practice, he is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and has been a Buddhist practitioner for over 22 years. Currently a Doctoral candidate, Jorg has authored a book on Buddhist Mindfulness and published two theses. He is a qualified hypnotherapist and has worked as a group facilitator for various organisations, providing psycho-educational training to a wide ranging client base. Jorg believes that Buddhist Mindfulness practice holds a key to better mental health and happiness.
- "Not only did I learn information to help my clients, but I entered into a new level of compassion as a therapist. I think I will be a lot more present in my sessions from now on. Thanks Jorg for helping me see the world differently".
- "Best week ever! I found it valuable to get away from looking after everybody else and just focus on me xxx".
- "I really feel that you guys cared that we had a good time. A lot of work goes into these things and it is appreciated".
- "I liked how I could come and go as I pleased".
- "I've made some really great friendships this week. Thanks so much for organising this retreat".
- "I would loooovvvve to come back again!"
Venue Highlights* 3 nights at the luxury Element by Westin Hotel including breakfast
* 14 hrs seminar + 3 hrs pre-reading = 17 hours CPD
* Course materials & Certificate of course completion
* Opportunity for 10 hours peer consultation
* Daily mindfulness/meditation and yoga (optional)
* Spa massage
* Transfer to the hotel
Excluded in package:
Airfares, travel insurance, return transfer from hotel to airport, lunch/dinner and tourist activities