Straight Walk: Steps to Awareness - 3 Night Yoga Retreat at Yasodhara Ashram in Kootenay Bay, BC
- Yasodhara Ashram
- Kootenay Bay, BC, Canada
- Jul 29 - 31, 2019 (3 days)
About This Event
Where are you now and where do you want to be? This workshop encourages you to gather facts by observing both your emotional responses and rational thinking. Unpacking this spectrum of responses can help you make better decisions. Based on an ancient Buddhist practice of self-awareness, the Straight Walk involves several walking meditations done with observation and concentration. You take steps, literally and symbolically, to understand your perception and to gain a new perspective.
Includes shared accommodation, three meals daily, morning hatha, retreat/workshop, and evening satsang. After the program ends, stay overnight and have breakfast the next day at no extra cost.
- By combining yoga practices with personal development techniques, we offer a unique set of teachings that inspire and transform.
- All courses include a daily early morning Hatha or Hidden Language Yoga class, morning and afternoon workshops, group work and time for personal reflection.
- Course participants are also invited to participate in Karma Yoga with our community and to attend satsang each evening.
- Meditation rooms are available for practice.
- Nourishing food and stunning natural beauty complete the perfect retreat from the everyday.
ScheduleThis course begins after dinner on the scheduled first evening and ends at five-thirty (contact info blocked) on the last scheduled day. You are welcome to stay overnight and have breakfast the next day at no extra cost.
A typical daily schedule while on a course:
Hatha Yoga – 7-8 (contact info blocked)
Breakfast – 8 (contact info blocked)
Workshop – 10-12:30 (contact info blocked)
Lunch – 12:30 (contact info blocked)
Focused Reflection – 1-3 (contact info blocked)
Workshop – 3-5:30 (contact info blocked)
Dinner – 6 (contact info blocked)
Satsang – 7:30-8:30 (contact info blocked)