Yogis for Reversing Climate Change
- Sivananda Yoga Ranch
- 33 Yoga Road, Woodbourne, NY, 12788, USA
- Aug 15 - 18, 2019 (4 days)
- Single Room - $555.00 Double Room Shared (2 Beds) - $495.00 Shared Dorm Room (3-4 beds) - $450.00 Apartment (1 person with private bathroom) - $720.00 Apartment (2 people with private bathroom) - $930.00 Apartment (3-4 people with private bathroom)
About This Event
Climate change is very real. It is impacting our daily life whether we are aware of it or not. It is connected to every action that we take, every morsel that we eat, and every product that we buy. As yoga practitioners, we know that our thoughts, words, and actions impact the whole. So the question remains, how can we be more responsible in our role as Earth-citizens in building a regenerative future?
Where do we begin? How can we be active contributors in reversing climate change?
During this 5-day theoretical and practical immersion, you will learn the basics of climate change as well as how to be an active participant in reversing it. We will discuss the need for carbon sequestration and food sovereignty; focusing on growing, harvesting, and storing your own food, regardless of garden size. We will spend much of our time outside in the ashram gardens and forests learning hands-on how to read and respond to the nature that surrounds us.
We will also discuss the importance of being a conscious consumer and the value of joining or building a local eco-yoga community. Our mother Earth needs our care and attention, can you hear the call?
• Defining Climate Change and Global Warming
• Carbon Emissions 101: Understanding Our Role in Climate Change
• Food Sovereignty and Seed Consciousness
• Vegetable Gardening 101: Annual Goodness
• Food Forest Gardening 101: Power to the Perennials
• Garden Harvesting 101: Tips and Tools
• Conscious Consumerism: Understanding Desire
• Beauty of Community Connections
IMMERSION DAILY SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, 7pm – Introductions + Intentions
Sunday, 12pm – Immersion Closes
6am – Satsang
8am – Yoga Asana Class
10am – Brunch
11am – Karma Yoga
12pm – 1:30pm – Theoretical Workshop
3pm – 6pm – Hands-On Education
6pm – Dinner
8pm – Satsang
$180 Tuition + Accommodations
Tent accommodations recommended to deepen your connection with nature.