Sacred Wombs, Sacred Wounds, Sacred Women ~ a Root to Rise Transformational Retreat for Women
- Finca Camino Nuevo
- Puntarenas Province, Monteverde, Costa Rica
- Mar 16 - 23, 2019 (8 days)
“This retreat experience was powerfully heart opening, releasing and deeply calming. I fell into a state of love and gained awareness around the importance of connecting to community, nature and my body.” “It is necessary to retreat and dive into THIS work headfirst. There is no time other than now to say YES and begin!” “I wish I could let anyone interested in this retreat know that this work, this creation, this brilliance that radiates in the hearts of Karen and Grandmother Kaariina is REAL and powerful. This is truly their life’s work!” “Awe. Confidence. Joy. Gratitude. Empowered. Moved. Inspired. Strength. LOVE. Generosity. Freedom. Elevated Healing and Support.
- Transformational women's retreat during the potent March 2019 full moon and Spring Equinox, at the base of the world-famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve and Children's Eternal Rainforest.
- Intimate circle - maximum 16 wholehearted, multicultural women
- DOUBLE OCCUPANCY LODGING for 7 nights at Finca Camino Nuevo, taxes included. Each room has a private bathroom and balcony with spectacular view of the worldfamous Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve and the Children’s Eternal Rainforest
- FRESH, locally-sourced and lovingly prepared vegetarian and vegan meals starting at dinner on Saturday March 16 and ending with lunch on Saturday March 23. Organic when available!
- TUITION for daily morning and evening programs facilitated by Grandmother Kaariina and Karen + Daily yoga / dance / movement therapy
- FOUR transformational ceremonies (sacred sweat, fire, cacao , ecstatic dance) + Sacred Gift Bundle to carry home with you
- TWO local excursions / adventures, transport included
- FOUR BONUS group Zoom calls / videos / support emails for retreat participants! Prior to retreat - December 2018 + February 2019 and Post retreat – April + June 2019
- YOUR GUIDES, Grandmother Kaariina Saarinen and Karen Gordon, have 65+ years of joint experience as mentors, educators and facilitators of transformational experiences. This is our life work - we were born for this! And so were you...
- ROOT TO RISE - Healing, nourishing and empowering women's rites of passage for all ages and stages
- Our curriculum cultivates maturity through capacity building, tending your roots so that you blossom fully into an world that authentically needs your vision and gifts for its evolution.
- RECIPROCITY - 5% of our retreat profits will be donated to the Monteverde Conservation League, the stewards of the Children's Eternal Rainforest.
Venue HighlightsFinca Camino Nuevo offers a sanctuary for groups and healing retreats at the base of the world-famous reserves of the
Monteverde Cloud Forest. Finca Camino Nuevo is hugged by the mountains and offers breathtaking, open views down the San Luis valley and out to the Gulf of Nicoya. This special learning habitat houses a magical maloca for meditation or ceremonial healing work, a yoga shala with spectacular mountain and Gulf views, private double-occupancy rooms with balconies and private bathrooms, and a large dining area where healthy vegetarian and vegan goodness is served, supported by local organic farmers. Finca Camino Nuevo’s property includes secondary growth forest perfect for bird-watching, connecting with the trees and the mountains, and visits from white-faced monkeys. Images from Finca Camino Nuevo can be found on Instagram at #fincacaminonuevo
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleOur Daily Rhythm ~ ~ ~
6am Sunrise prayer ceremony in the Maloca with sacred obsidian Moon Dance pipe.
7am Awaken and activate mind, heart and body through yoga and movement practice.
8am Nourishing breakfast, followed by delightful silent journal / art / contemplation time
9am – 12noon Morning program: Sacred Woman’s Medicine wheels. Each day we will explore and
expand upon one theme (see below) 12:30pm Nourishing lunch, followed by siesta or hammock time!
1:30 – 5:30pm Sacred Space for Self love, Self care, Self-awareness & True Nature Integration
=> Generous time for quietude and rest, journaling, medicine walks, art creation, flower mandala and
moon wheel making on the land. Two optional dance/movement therapy experiences will be offered
during our retreat week during this time, and two included excursions will occur during this time.
=> Two local adventures are included in your retreat! One afternoon we will visit the San Luis Finca Ecologica and make our way through the forest to one of Costa Rica’s most pristine rivers for river swimming and sunbathing. Another afternoon will be your choice of horseback tour with Monteverde’s horse whisperer, or a guided walk with professional, intuitive nature guides in a worldfamous reserve, where the mysteries of the cloud forest will be revealed deep in wild nature.
6pm ~ Sunset supper
7:15pm ~ Evening programs include: TWO healing Sweat lodge ceremonies, Sacred Fire ceremony,
Sacred Cacao + Ecstatic dance ceremony, Women’s story + song circle with the stars, and the Way of
women’s council with 13 Moons belt teaching and creation.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineFinca Camino Nuevo provides retreat participants with fresh, locally sourced and often organic Vegan and Vegetarian meals - crafted with love!
AccommodationsDouble-occupancy lodging at Finca Camino Nuevo. Every room has uniquely custom designed furniture, and a private bathroom. All rooms have one double bed and one single bed.
Garden-level rooms have patios and hammocks, sky-level rooms have balconies and comfy chairs. All rooms have spectacular views of the world-famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve & Children’s Eternal Rainforest + the San Luis Valley and Gulf of Nicoya.