In Balance: Yoga immersion and Teacher Training
About This Event
We are so pumped to invite your amazing self to join us on this exciting journey… #BOLD AHEAD!!!
In Balance Yoga “leadership” training is rooted in humility and authenticity as a way of encouraging you to remain a student of life always and to lead from that place. We want to empower the heart forward teacher inside of you to share your passion from you personal life experiences and from the innate wisdom of your unique body.
Join Kaitlin Armstrong, and Tara Heal on a 2 week Yoga journey that explores Body Intelligence Yoga and Heart Forward Leadership as applied to teaching the practice of yoga in a modern way. Gain a meaningful connection in FUN-ctional anatomy and body-mind movement practices that encourages a humble listening to your unique biomechanics and inspires a deeper understanding of how your posture provides important information about your thoughts, attitudes and beliefs. Lets dive into the yoga teachings in a way that has real meaning to your everyday roles and responsibilities so that you can always show up the best version of yourself. Lets be ourselves and see what we can do from there!!!
With love and gratitude
(contact info blocked)
Participants can select from the following options:
200hr Certified Teacher Training $4,250 + tax
500hr Certified Teacher Training (for those who have completed 200hr) $4,550 + tax
200hr Yoga Immersion $3,550 + tax
BIY (Body Intelligence Yoga) Mentorship *new* $2,120 + tax
Venue Highlights-There is a peace and calmness that is present here at our Centre, in the built environment of the round archetecture of the lodge and dharma hall, in the beauty of the forest landscape, and gardens, that invites our guests to find their own natural rhythm and drop into the deeper intelligence of the right brain and body.
- We have a network of trails that lead into the West Arm Wilderness park that gives our guests access to great huckleberry picking, to pristine beaches on Kootenay Lake and wonderful vistas of Nelson and the Selkirk mountains.
- We have a large organic permaculture garden that supplies our kitchen with delicious nutrient dense fruits and vegetables.
- Our wilderness location is only 3 kilometers from the City of Neson. Giving you access to one of Canada's premier alternative arts, adventure, and wellness centres
AccommodationsMain lodge (9 Private Rooms)
1) Master bedroom with full ensuite bathroom and lounge space.
2) Private room next to master bedroom ensuite space has a double bed
3) 5 private rooms with a queen bed
4) 2 private rooms with a double bed
5) 3 full bathrooms with shower and 1 common washroom are accessible to the private room guests
5 Shared and private cabins
1) Hermitage cabin with a queen and double bed. Has a deck and separated downstairs bathroom with shower, vanity sink and compost toilet.
2) Upper cedar log cabin with a queen and double bed. Has a deck, washroom with vanity sink and compost toilet in the same space.
3) Lower cedar log cabin with a queen and single bed. Has a deck, washroom with vanity sink and compost toilet in the same space.
4) Firewood cabin with a queen and double bed. Has a deck, washroom with shower, vanity sink and compost toilet in the same space.
5) Homestead cabin with a queen and double bed. Has a large deck, kitchenette, shower, vanity sink and septic toilet in the same space.
- 7 camp sites with 2 outhouses
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe offer you healthy gourmet meals, fresh picked from our organic garden whenever possible, and locally sourced. Our typical retreat menu will provide you with delicious vegitarian meals along with naturally raised poultry and wild fish. We are able to provide gluten free and dairy free menu options when necessary.
DirectionsThe West Kootenal regional airport in Castlegar BC is 40 minutes from Nelson and has daily flights connecting to both Calgary and Vancouver. From Nelson, Mountain Waters is accessed via Svoboda road which connects the West Arm Park to the eastern part of the city
which is known as Fairview. Taxi service to Mountain Waters is available from Glacier Taxi.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Simon Vine September 23, 2019
I recently attended a Men's retreat at Mountain Waters, and had an amazing experience. The place is absolutely stunning, the staff were all super friendly and attentive, and the food was excellent. I found the retreat to be balanced, at once profound and lighthearted. Richard and Andrew who led the retreat, offered wisdom, counsel, and created excellent opportunity for introspection and soul-searching. Al in all, a fantastic experience.
Ken Trudeau September 18, 2019
Following the completion of a five day couples healing retreat with my wife at Mountain Waters called Keeping Love Alive, I was hoping the opportunity would present itself to go back there for more healing. My wife and I were felt so blessed from our experience, from the lush retreat grounds and cozy buildings, to the delicious and nutritious food, it was nurturing and it felt like the oasis we needed to do our work. We were so a blown away by Beth, Yogita and Richard, by their skills, wisdom, and heart. So when I saw the the offering of this men's retreat, I was confident this was going to be just as comprehensive, thoughtful, healing, and fun, and it was. The timing of its occurrence was impeccable and just what I was needing at that moment. The Men's Retreat was transformational. I had so many moments where I was pleasantly overwhelmed by pure tears of release and gratitude. Whether it was a hike down to the lake for a swim, sharing a meal, doing some yoga enhanced by healing sounds, sitting in a circle of men sharing, learning, laughing and crying, it all felt very sacred. The facilitators Richard, Andrew, and Kirkland were exceptional and Sebastian's accompanying healing sounds were grounding and playful. Jessie's food was delicious and James' presence on the grounds as always reassuring. As someone who works as a clinician in public health in mental health and substance use services and does a fair share of group facilitation, I have been so impressed by the quality of facilitators at this retreat centre. I have found Richard to be highly skilled and attuned to the groups he leads. I appreciate his training in not only in the somatic psychotherapy of hakomi, and other techniques, but his deep wisdom, groundedness, non-judgemental approach, his laughter, playfulness, his boundaries, his thoughtful use of self and self-disclosure and sharing of his lived experience. Mostly I am impressed and grateful for his humanness and how safe and respected he helps me to feel there. The sweat hut ceremony was one of the most profound experiences of my life and something I will hold dear forever. I am forever grateful to have been a part of, and bare witness to, the men who showed up and shared their strengths, wisdom, hurts, joys, anxieties, humour, and hopes as well as their commitment towards greater accountability to their own lives, their families, and their communities. I am forever grateful for having had the opportunity through this workshop Men and the Water of Life of sharing and holding space with great men in vulnerability, openness, and empathy. The cost of this retreat was so reasonable; thank you Mountain Waters, I will be back! Ken Trudeau