- Insight Dialogue / Metta Programs
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton Campus, Student Union Majestic Palm Room
- Mar 8 - 10, 2019 (3 days)
- $295 before February 8, 2019; $345 thereafter.
About This Event
This course is an opportunity to experience how mindfulness enriches personal development, supports relational attunement, and enhances therapeutic relationships. It will offer an introduction and a deepening of the practice of interpersonal mindfulness through learning the meditation guidelines of Insight Dialogue: Pause – Relax – Open – Attune to Emergence – Listen Deeply – Speak the Truth. Much of the stress we experience originates in relationships. Actively practicing these guidelines calms the body and mind and increases our capacity to see clearly and compassionately our own difficulties as well as the challenges of others. The guidelines are paired with contemplations that inquire into the shared experience of being human. Through guided meditations, talks, participatory exercises, and small group discussions participants will experience the power of mutually established mindfulness and explore integrating the relational aspects of mindfulness and wisdom into their personal experience and professional work.
These practices lead to greater clarity about the nature of suffering and its release, to increased regulation of mental and emotional states, and to more accurate insight and empathy for therapist and their clients. The wholesome impact on therapeutic relationships is immediate and lasting.
Participants will be able to:
• Describe the foundations of mindfulness.
• Apply mindfulness to create and restore accurate attunement internally and interpersonally.
• Learn six Insight Dialogue (ID) meditation guidelines that increase clinical effectiveness by balancing conceptual knowledge with skills of relational presence.
• Develop an experiential understanding of interpersonal mindfulness through participation in actual practice sessions.
• Use ID guidelines to identify and work in wholesome ways with difficult mind states that interfere with clear discernment, compassion, and wise intervention.
This program is presented primarily in retreat form. A block of hotel rooms with free shuttle service has been reserved to aid participants in setting aside the complexities of normal life engagement. For more information about hotel registration go to Hotel Information Whether commuting from home or attending residentially, the greatest integration of understanding and skills will occur for those who give themselves fully to the experience of mindfulness. Silence (refraining from social activity, speech, or engagement with devices) is practiced through most of the retreat, including lunchtime, except when we are actively engaged in dialogue together. This weekend is a time to restore inner balance and nourish resiliency.