- Etnikas Ayahuasca healing retreats, your safety is our priority.
- Retreat center: Taray, Sacred valley, Cusco Peru. - Water place: calle recoleta 674 Cusco.
- May 5 - 7, 2019 (3 days)
About This Event
Our 3 day ayahuasca retreats have been developed with both Qero Andes priest and Amazonian Shipibo healer Shaman. They come from families with traditions of shamanism, using centuries-old traditions and techniques. The retreat is run in a traditional manner extending from the way the plant medicine is prepared to the ancient knowledge and customs of the Shipibo and Qero cultures.The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. The retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies.Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, Emergency nurse who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman.A Doctor is on site 24 hours a day during retreats with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment.We have been operating for over 30 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority.We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center.Located in the Sacred Valley, two hours drive from Machupicchu
MANDATORY: Please you must send by email (scan) and bring to Cusco a letter/note from your doctor outlining your good health or general health status. This document is mandatory for you to be able to participate in the retreat. If you cannot bring the note, you will have to make a check up in Cusco with a doctor specialist on the day of the water. This check up will be for an extra cost of $55 US.If you have any physical or psycological medical conditions or are under any medication treatment, please let us know before you book your retreat.People over 50 years old require a stress test to be preformed. This can be done in your country of origin or in Cusco for a charge of $55 US.
SOCIAL RESPONSABILITY with Human Actions ONG: During your retreat you will perform social responsibility activities. It is through our families shared experiences that we have learned the first steps to opening the healing doors of ones mind, body and spirit is through the act of GIVING. Doing kind acts with love and sincerity make us more healthy.
Not only were the problems associated with anxiety, severe depression and physical pains alleviated but my husband and I received profound information enabling us to become the best people we can be. - Rachel
- Your retreat will be overseen by 2 to 4 shamans Andean Qeros and Amazonian Shipibo.
- There is a doctor available on site 24 hours a day for the duration of the retreat.
- Small groups of up to 12 people allow us to maximize the safety, comfort, and personalized attention of the retreats for our guests.
- A nurse experienced in emergency medical care will be present during the ayahuasca ceremony.
- A physical check conducted by a nurse to ensure guests are calm and stable after returning from their journeys before going to bed.
- A nurse monitors guests throughout the night to ensure their comfort and wellbeing.
- A psychologist helps guests to interpret their experiences on an individual basis together with the shaman. Consultations are available before and after the ayahuasca ceremonies.
- The psychologist will make a follow up call to guest’s one/two weeks POST retreat.
- Physical and psychological health questionnaireto evaluate risk factors. A doctor, psychologist and a nurse are in charge of verifying the medical records and detecting any medical contraindications a person may have with Ayahuasca before the booking stage.
- Purgative medicinal volcanic water (Physical and psychological preparation before taking ayahuasca)
- Coca leaves ceremony (unification of group energy)
- Cleansing and floral ceremony (Therapy of forgiveness)
- Two Ayahuasca Ceremonies
- Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth
- Experienced assistant / translator to guide guests thought the retreat with processing and integrating the healing experiences.
- Individual consultations with the shaman and psychology to discuss your experiences and healing process
- Group meetings to share your experience
- Basic medical check to ensure physical suitability a day before the start of the retreat
- Five different healings (Inca shamanic healing technique)
- One social responsibility activity with Human Actions
- All food and drinks is a delicious simple vegetarian diet suitable for working with medicinal plants/ Ayahuasca
- Translation from Quechua/Spanish to English
- All transport to and from the retreat center
- Accommodation – within our facilities you may find the basic life necessities such as shared bedrooms with a capacity of three people as
- well as shared bathrooms.
- All retreats facilitated in English
- It is good for you to know that different parties of people may overlap at the retreat, but they will never be more than 12 participants for any giving Ayahuasca ceremony.
- You are required to arrive a day before your retreat so that you’re able to detoxify your system with medicinal volcanic spring water.We will look to meet at Etnikas water place at 10am one day before the start of the retreat. You are required to be nil by mouth for 3-4 hours before this process begins. The process takes approximately 3 hours. After the purge you are able to eat and reconvene your regular activities under the restrictions listed.
- You most book a hotel by yourself for this night, if you like we can recommend you some places, and they arrange as well transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- The next day we will look to meet at the same place at 10:00am. From there we will travel by shuttle bus to the retreat center. You are required to fast and drink just water.
10:00 Meeting at Etnikas water place from there shuttle bus to the retreat center
10:30 Departure to the retreat center
11:30 Meeting with the staff and orientation of the center
12:30 Group meeting – introduction to the shaman and medical staff, discussion about Ayahuasca and ceremonies intentions.
12:40 Coca leaves ceremony and prayer for the unification of energies
13:45 Individual consultation with psychology
13:45 Individual consultation with doctor
18:30 Cleansing and floral ceremony therapy of forgiveness
19:00 First Ayahuasa ceremony
08:15 Social responsability activity with Human Actions
14:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony.
15:30 Individual consultation with shaman and psychology
15:30 Individual consultation with doctor
16:30 Time for relaxation and introspection
18:30 Preparation for ceremony, quiet /personal meditation time in the main Hall.
19:00 Second Ayahuasca ceremony
09:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony.
11:00 Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth
11:40 Talking about Human Actions projects and opportunity to donate. Fill the service report and explanation of dietary restriction post-retreat
12:30 Opportunity to buy cultural hand craft from the shipibo and Andean shamans - Photos with Shamans and farewell
12:30 Transport-return to Cusco.
Venue HighlightsLocated in the Sacred Valley, two hours drive from Machupicchu, your trip here will be filled with stunning views from within the Andes mountain range. Our center is in Taray, a quiet rural community, perfect for meditation, yoga or simply relaxing.
AccommodationsOur accomodation are shred rooms for three with the same gender. Each room has its own toilet and hot shower.