- Santuario Healing Amazonian Plant Medicine Center
- Pucallpa, Peru
- Ongoing package (13 days / 12 nights)
- $1,375.00 - Includes all food, accommodation, ceremonies, and medicines and two days translation.
About This Event
12 Day Visionary Medicine Retreats: Ayahuasca + Mucura
Discover incredible emotional healing, new awarenesses, and a fresh perspective into your life in these NEW TWELVE DAY RETREATS at our beautiful rainforest healing center and conservation project, Santuario. Under the safe guidance of Maestro Santiago Enrrique Melendez and his partner, Ayme, you will embark on the fascinating pathway of Amazonian “Vegetalismo” or Amazonian plant spirit medicine: authentic practices and pure medicine in a safe and nurturing environment. Set on a world wonder, a boiling river, in virgin Amazon rainforest, there is an incredible natural magic at Santuario Huishtin. There is simply no better place in the world to experience the medicine for the first time.
Ayahuasca + Plant Dieta
During our unique 12 day retreats, you will work with the sacred vine, ayahuasca, and participate in a 12 Day Plant Dieta with a plant considered important as both a teacher and healer of the Amazon. Each plant listed below possesses their own unique qualities, healing properties, and teachings. Simply choose the plant that calls to you and specify this plant in your registration.
Radical Self Condifence with Mucura (Petiveria Alliacea)
Known commonly “Anamu,” Mucura (Mocura) is a plant that possesses a huge spectrum of actions from anti-inflammatory to antibacterial and antiviral to antidepressant and anti-anxiety medicine. Medicine made from its roots is one of the most potent tonics in the rainforest for cleansing and removing the body of toxins that can lead to more serious illness. As a teacher plant, mucura can also help one to over come social anxiety and develop a stronger and more integrated sense of self! Mucura is a teacher that banishes negativity and strengths the mind and body while offering protection and self knowledge. Combined with ayahuasca ceremonies, they are a powerful duo.
Retreat Price: 1375 USD
All retreats have flexible dates (you choose the dates) and include all medicine, ceremonies, food, accommodation, and two days with our knowledgeable translator/guides at the center. However it is recommended that you plan to book your trip to begin on a Monday morning.
Travel, Translation, and Pick up at Pucallpa Airport:
Santuario is an authentic traditional Amazonian plant medicine centre situated in a highly unique geological site (a boiling river) in rainforest about 4 hours outside of Pucallpa. The journey there is an adventure by itself! Involved is an exciting expedition by off-road vehicle through country roads, by river (on motorized canoe) and a 45 minute hike through undulating prehist0ric rainforest. Please insure you are in good physical condition for the trek.
Please visit our website for more detailed information and this page for important links for your preparation and trip planning:
(contact info blocked)
(contact info blocked)
I am forever grateful that my path led me to this place, its beautiful landscapes, its intelligent plants and animals. The night sky brought me to tears. It was the most majestic night sky I’ve ever seen. I felt humbled, grateful, overwhelmed all at once. If the Mother vine and this beautiful retreat are calling you, grab your bug spray and recharge your mind, body, and soul! They empower and assist the healing but you’ll have to put in the work and discipline to truly see transformation. Feel the fear, and do it anyway. What a blessing this is!
- Discover incredible emotional cleansing, renewed energy, and a fresh perspective in our new TWELVE DAY VISIONARY RETREATS with Plant Dieta at our beautiful rainforest healing center, Santuario!
- Under the safe guidance of Maestro Santiago Enrrique Melendez, his brother Maestro Hegner Melendez, and his partner, Ayme, you will embark on the fascinating pathway of Amazonian “Vegetalismo” or Amazonian plant spirit medicine: authentic practices and pure medicine in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Set on a world wonder, a BOILING RIVER in the Amazon rainforest, there is an incredible natural magic at Santuario Huishtin. There is simply no better place in the world to experience the medicine for the first time.
- Ayahuasca + Plant Dieta
- During our unique 12 day Visionary Plant Medicine Retreats, you will work with the sacred vine, ayahuasca, AND participate in a 12 Day Plant Dieta with Mucura, considered important as both a teacher and healer of the Amazon.
- These plants are considered safe for those working with a plant dieta for the first time.
- ***All of our 12 Day Visionary Plant Medicine Retreats are considered safe for the person experiencing a plant dieta for the first time.
- Mucura (Petiveria Alliacea)
- Sublime self confidence with mucura! Known commonly “Anamu,” medicine made the roots of the mucura plant is one of the most potent tonics in the rainforest for cleansing and removing the body of toxins. A plant dieta with mucura can help you overcome social anxiety, build self confidence and develops a stronger and more integrated sense of self!
- Ajo Sacha (Masoa alliacea)
- The “opener of the way” in Amazonian shamanic tradition, ajo sacha has been used for centuries against saladera (a run of bad luck), to banish negative energy from your mind and body, strengthens the senses, and intensify your will power in the face of adversity. A Plant Dieta with Ajo Sacha can also strengthen your visionary powers while in ceremony and is considered a powerful dream teacher.
- Bobinsana (Calliandra angustifolia)
- Get to the Heart of the Matter! A Plant Dieta with Bobinsana can induce lucid and colourful dreams and can greatly enhance connection, compassion, clarity, and concentration! The bark tincture for rheumatism, arthritis, colds, uterine disorders, and edema (water retention).
ScheduleSantuario is an authentic Amazonian healing center that emphasizes tranquility and solitude in nature as an integral part of the healing and learning process. Withdrawal into nature is an essential part of the traditional shamanic apprenticeship. When not in ceremony or drinking plant medicines, visitors spend their time in quiet reflection and relaxation, reading and taking walks in the rainforest and around the boiling river. There are many areas to do yoga, write, and draw. It is also a wonderful place to bird watch, and appreciate the incredible wildlife of the area.
Venue HighlightsSet on a highly unique geological phenomenon, a boiling river, Santuario resonates with incredible energy. Known locally as "Shanay-timpishka" or “heated by the sun,” the river stretches up to seven kilometres through the rainforest, enshrouding the area in a vapour of mystery. Possessing great spiritual significance to the communities that surround it, the river is reputedly the home of "Yakumama," the world serpent that breathes life and death into the Amazon. Interestingly, the river has remained a secret in Peru for thousands of years until now, only known to the local communities.
The whole region and surrounding rainforest is fascinating. There are many ancient and rare species of plants and animals, gigantic medicine trees, and an amazing variety of birds, monkeys, and insects. The area was once long ago home to the Cashibo people, famed for their fierceness and refusal to be converted by missionaries.
Santuario is the destination for those who are looking for an authentic experience working with Amazonian plant medicine for healing and knowledge in the tradition of vegetalismo. Many return year after year to deepen their work in this beautiful and mysterious place which is truly a hidden jewel in Peru.
AccommodationsAccommodations at Santuario are simple and ecological, constructed in the traditional palm thatch buildings. Every visitor has their own room, comfortable bed, bedding, towel and mosquito net. The rooms are airy and open to the sounds and ambiance of the rainforest but protected with screened windows.
Please be aware that Santuario is situated off grid on a highly unique geological area in prehistoric rainforest. Water for washing is drawn directly from the boiling river. Thought there are toilets and plumbing, it can be a little erratic due to environmental changes (storms, water levels, etc). There is no electricity nor wifi or phone signal though there is some solar power. Wifi and phone signal can be phone in the nearby village of Honoria.
- Tour Assistance
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineMeals are tailored to comply with the dietary restrictions of a traditional shamanic dieta and are simple, bland, easy to digest foods that do not inhibit the working of the medicine or create unwanted side effects. They include boiled rice (without oil or salt), boiled or roasted plantains, boiled potatoes or manioc (yucca/cassava), cleansing vegetable soups, fresh salads, and at times some (toothless) fish (particularly boquichito). Also served occasionally are eggs. Fruits (mangoes, guava, bananas, etc) may be offered but are not recommended due to their high sugar content. For some dietas, you may require a stricter diet of only plantains and rice.
DirectionsFirst your will need to fly into Lima's Jorge Chavez airport and take a connecting one hour flight to Pucallpa. Our English speaking guide can bring you to the center directly from the airport or collect you from a hotel. The journey to Santuario is an exciting ecotour by itself! You will travel in an all terrain truck along country roads to the small port village of Honoria and take a motorized canoe along the tranquil Pachitea river. From their your will embark on a 45 minute hike trough beautiful hilly rainforest until your arrive at the steamy boiling river, the amazing geological phenomenon that provides the setting of Santuario. Please ensure that you are in good physical health for the journey. Altogether, it takes approximately five hours depending on roads. Rubber boots are needed in case it is muddy.
To arrive in time for an evening ceremony at 8pm, please arrive in Pucallpa by the morning and book your returning flight in the late afternoon evening from Pucallpa. Your guide will meet you at Santuario in plenty of time to bring you to the airport.
The guide service costs 120 USD and includes both journeys.