Twelve Day Visionary Ayahuasca Retreat + Bobinsana
- Santuario Healing Amazonian Plant Medicine Center
- Pucallpa, Peru
- Ongoing package (13 days / 12 nights)
- $1,475.00 - Includes all food, accommodation, ceremonies, and medicines, and guided travel to the center.
12 Day Visionary Medicine Retreats: Ayahuasca + Bobinsana
Discover incredible emotional healing, new awarenesses, and a fresh perspective into your life in these NEW TWELVE DAY RETREATS at our beautiful rainforest healing center, Santuario! Under the safe guidance of Maestro Santiago Enrrique Melendez and his partner, Ayme, you will embark on the fascinating pathway of Amazonian “Vegetalismo” or Amazonian plant spirit medicine: authentic practices and pure medicine in a safe and nurturing environment. Set on a world wonder, a boiling river, in virgin Amazon rainforest, there is an incredible natural magic at Santuario Huishtin. There is simply no better place in the world to experience the medicine for the first time.
Experience a powerful heart opening experience with visionary plant medicine, Bobinsana, at our magical rainforest center, Santuario! During our 12 Day Power Retreat, you will not only experience a traditional dieta with bobinsana, you will also participate in ayahuasca ceremonies! This wonderful plant is known for its ability to enhance empathy, compassion, clarity, and concentration! All our 12 Twelve Day Visionary Medicine Retreats are safe for the person wanting to experience a plant dieta for the first time.
Retreat Price: 1475 USD
All retreats have flexible dates (you choose the dates) and include all medicine, ceremonies, food, and accommodation at the center.
Come to Santuario and Revolutionize the Way you See the World.
Travel, Translation, and Pick up at Pucallpa Airport:
Santuario is an authentic traditional Amazonian plant medicine center situated in a highly unique geological site (a boiling river) in rainforest 2-3 hours outside of Pucallpa. The journey there is an adventure by itself! Travel to the center and translation are not included. We work with an independent English speaking guide team that can escort you in comfort and security and stay on as translators for a very affordable rate. Usually only a couple of days of translation is needed. Please refer to the pages below for information how to plan for your retreat and the travel, translation, and guide costs.
Proceeds are donated to Arkana Arts, our New NGO and Conservation Project!
I am forever grateful that my path led me to this place, its beautiful landscapes, its intelligent plants and animals. The night sky brought me to tears. It was the most majestic night sky I’ve ever seen. I felt humbled, grateful, overwhelmed all at once. If the Mother vine and this beautiful retreat are calling you, grab your bug spray and recharge your mind, body, and soul! They empower and assist the healing but you’ll have to put in the work and discipline to truly see transformation. Feel the fear, and do it anyway. What a blessing this is!
- Discover incredible emotional cleansing, renewed energy, and a fresh perspective in our new TWELVE DAY VISIONARY RETREATS with Plant Dieta at our beautiful rainforest healing center, Santuario!
- Under the safe guidance of Maestro Santiago Enrrique Melendez, his brother Maestro Hegner Melendez, and his partner, Ayme, you will embark on the fascinating pathway of Amazonian “Vegetalismo” or Amazonian plant spirit medicine: authentic practices and pure medicine in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Set on a world wonder, a BOILING RIVER in the Amazon rainforest, there is an incredible natural magic at Santuario Huishtin. There is simply no better place in the world to experience the medicine for the first time.
- Ayahuasca + Plant Dieta
- During our unique 12 day Visionary Plant Medicine Retreats, you will work with the sacred vine, ayahuasca, AND participate in a 12 Day Plant Dieta with Bobinsana, considered important as both a teacher and healer of the Amazon.
- These plants are considered safe for those working with a plant dieta for the first time.
- ***All of our 12 Day Visionary Plant Medicine Retreats are considered safe for the person experiencing a plant dieta for the first time.
- Bobinsana (Calliandra angustifolia)
- Get to the Heart of the Matter! A Plant Dieta with Bobinsana can induce lucid and colourful dreams and can greatly enhance connection, compassion, clarity, and concentration! The bark tincture for rheumatism, arthritis, colds, uterine disorders, and edema (water retention).
- Mucura (Petiveria Alliacea)
- Sublime self confidence with mucura! Known commonly “Anamu,” medicine made the roots of the mucura plant is one of the most potent tonics in the rainforest for cleansing and removing the body of toxins. A plant dieta with mucura can help you overcome social anxiety, build self confidence and develops a stronger and more integrated sense of self!
- Ajo Sacha (Masoa alliacea)
- The “opener of the way” in Amazonian shamanic tradition, ajo sacha has been used for centuries against saladera (a run of bad luck), to banish negative energy from your mind and body, strengthens the senses, and intensify your will power in the face of adversity. A Plant Dieta with Ajo Sacha can also strengthen your visionary powers while in ceremony and is considered a powerful dream teacher.
Venue HighlightsSet on a highly unique geological phenomenon, a boiling river, Santuario resonates with incredible energy. Known locally as "Shanay-timpishka" or “heated by the sun,” the river stretches up to seven kilometres through the rainforest, enshrouding the area in a vapour of mystery. Possessing great spiritual significance to the communities that surround it, the river is reputedly the home of "Yakumama," the world serpent that breathes life and death into the Amazon. Interestingly, the river has remained a secret in Peru for thousands of years until now, only known to the local communities.
The whole region and surrounding rainforest is fascinating. There are many ancient and rare species of plants and animals, gigantic medicine trees, and an amazing variety of birds, monkeys, and insects. The area was once long ago home to the Cashibo people, famed for their fierceness and refusal to be converted by missionaries.
Santuario is the destination for those who are looking for an authentic experience working with Amazonian plant medicine for healing and knowledge in the tradition of vegetalismo. Many return year after year to deepen their work in this beautiful and mysterious place which is truly a hidden jewel in Peru.
- Tour Assistance
ScheduleSantuario is an authentic Amazonian healing center that emphasizes tranquility and solitude in nature as an integral part of the healing and learning process. Withdrawal into nature is an essential part of the traditional shamanic apprenticeship. When not in ceremony or drinking plant medicines, visitors spend their time in quiet reflection and relaxation, reading and taking walks in the rainforest and around the boiling river. There are many areas to do yoga, write, and draw. It is also a wonderful place to bird watch, and appreciate the incredible wildlife of the area.
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineMeals are tailored to comply with the dietary restrictions of a traditional shamanic dieta and are simple, bland, easy to digest foods that do not inhibit the working of the medicine or create unwanted side effects. They include boiled rice (without oil or salt), boiled or roasted plantains, boiled potatoes or manioc (yucca/cassava), cleansing vegetable soups, fresh salads, and at times some (toothless) fish (particularly boquichito). Also served occasionally are eggs. Fruits (mangoes, guava, bananas, etc) may be offered but are not recommended due to their high sugar content. For some dietas, you may require a stricter diet of only plantains and rice.
AccommodationsAccommodations at Santuario are simple and ecological, constructed in the traditional palm thatch buildings. Every visitor has their own room, comfortable bed, bedding, towel and mosquito net. The rooms are airy and open to the sounds and ambiance of the rainforest but protected with screened windows.
DirectionsFirst your will need to fly into Lima's Jorge Chavez airport and take a connecting one hour flight to Pucallpa. Our English speaking guide can bring you to the center directly from the airport or collect you from a hotel. The journey to Santuario is an exciting ecotour by itself! You will travel in an all terrain truck along country roads to the small port village of Honoria and take a motorized canoe along the tranquil Pachitea river. From their your will embark on a 45 minute hike trough beautiful hilly rainforest until your arrive at the steamy boiling river, the amazing geological phenomenon that provides the setting of Santuario. Please ensure that you are in good physical health for the journey. Altogether, it takes approximately five hours depending on roads. Rubber boots are needed in case it is muddy.
To arrive in time for an evening ceremony at 8pm, please arrive in Pucallpa by the morning and book your returning flight in the late afternoon evening from Pucallpa. Your guide will meet you at Santuario in plenty of time to bring you to the airport.
The guide service costs 120 USD and includes both journeys.