Heavenly Hygge - Autumn weekend bootcamp retreat in rural France
- Daily fitness challenge
- Movement and posture assessments
- Autumn colours
- Cacao ceremony
- Hygge happiness
- Candelit yoga
- Open fires
- Lakes and forest walks
- Meditation and mindfulness
- HIIT training
- Circuit training
- Delicious healthy meals
- Beautiful French countryside
ScheduleOur schedule will change daily, but here's a little taster to get you excited!
• 07:30 - 08:30 - gentle candlelit yin yoga
• 08:30 - 09:30 - breakfast
• 10:30 - 12:30 - walk in nature
• 13:00 - 14:00 - lunch
• 15:00 - 15:30 - daily fitness challenge
• 15:30 - 16:00 - group HIIT / circuit training
• 16:30 - 17:30 - fireside sound workshop
• 19:00 - 20:30 - dinner (followed by something, sweet, tasty, nice & healthy-ish)
• 21:00 - 21:30 - restful meditation
• Sleep ready for tomorrow
About This Event
A delicious weekend in nature exploring the stunning autumn colours, the lakes and foliage that surround this beautiful part of France. We'll be getting out into the big outdoors for long hikes, taking our mats with us and practicing movement and yoga in the fresh air. Imagine crisp days, with fresh air and stunning views everywhere you go. Of course there will still be some exercise thrown in, so watch out for the daily fitness challenge and some circuit training in the fields and forest! Be sure to bring your cameras to capture the beauty around you!
We'll be a providing scrumptious autumn menu, using all the beautiful vegetables available to us, delicious chocolatey delights and a wonderful cacao ceremony. Imagine candelit yoga, meditation and breathe, all in front of a roaring fire. Cuddling up in blankets and rugs, intention setting and getting to know your fellow Bearfoot Breakers.
This is the perfect weekend to unwind, relax and truly get away from it all before the hectic winter season kicks in. Come by yourself or why not bring a friend with you.
Every retreat we provide you with freshly cooked, whole foods that are mostly GF (gluten free), DF (dairy free), with no refined sugars, all sweeteners that we use come from natural sources. You can expect 3 main meals per day, fresh juices & smoothies, as well as tasty, healthier treats to snack on throughout the day. You certainly won’t go hungry.
We’re keeping our retreats small and intimate, this means you’ll have more time with our trainers and facilitators and can get the most from your time with us.
Spaces are limited to 8 people, so be sure to secure your spot today!
Venue HighlightsBearfoot Lodge is located in the heart of the French Limousin countryside. Surrounded on all sides by fields and forests and of course, the infamous Limousin cows. As guests, you have access to the three rooms in the guest wing, which have all be lovingly restored with designer touches. You'll eat in our quirky Miami themed dining room, which can't fail to bring a smile to your faces! You can also join us in the kitchen while we prepare your meals ... then you have the 3 acres of grounds to explore for yourselves. You'll find hammocks, chill out areas, a meditation circle and we'll have a range of outdoor games, like badminton, petanque and soft archery, if you've got the energy left to play!
Direct from the Lodge there are some stunning country walks, taking you through fields, forests, rivers and lakes. We're also superbly located for exploring the many lakes in the region, fondly referred to as the French lake district. Many of the lakes have beaches, where we will go to do some of our outdoor activities or you can quite simply go and chill out in the sunshine.
We're also on the doorstep of some truly quaint and beautiful medieval towns. The retreat is yours, so we won't dictate what you do, you can tell us what you would like to do and we'll tailor it to get the most out of your time with us.
AccommodationsOriginally an old farmhouse, the guest wing at Bearfoot Lodge has been lovingly restored and renovated to an extremely high standard.
There are three beautiful bedrooms, each one with a unique style and identity and even it's own name!
1) Love Sleep - this is our romantic French double, with gorgeous double windows opening out onto the beautiful views of the garden. Furnished with an original double French corbeille bed and a wonderful window seat, this room is truly cosy and tranquil. As the name suggests, everyone loves to sleep in here! Perfect for a couple or single traveller. Shares the fabulous Art Deco styled shower room with Sunnyside Up.
2) Sunnyside Up - this is our funky triple room, where the yellow painted wooden floor makes you instantly feel happier. The furniture is a mix of old and new, with a double bed and a separate single, this is perfect for friends or as a family room. The same great views as Love Sleep over the garden, still with the original windows and external shutters, to ensure a quiet and peaceful nights’ sleep. Shares the fabulous Art Deco styled shower room with Love Sleep.
3) Welcome to the Jungle - this is the master bedroom, boasting high loft ceilings and beams and featuring some stunning interior design. Furnished with an original double French corbeille bed, in a fabulous peacock blue and a mix of original art deco furniture. Access to the equally stunning ensuite shower room, with vintage upcycled sink unit and huge walk in shower. Both rooms have sky lights, allowing the wonderful sun to stream through.
4) Deco Delight - this is our beautiful twin room, with a wonderful art deco flavour to it. Boasting high ceilings and some seriously delicious colours to keep the senses awake. Shares the wonderful deco bathroom with Flamingo Paradise.
5) Flamingo Paradise - another delightful twin room, with a vibrant flamingo theme, a little extravagant and even a tad opulent, with a lovely little window seat and finishing touches. Shares the wonderful deco bathroom with Deco Delight.
Toiletries, towels, linen are all provided, as well as basics like hairdryers, irons etc - not that we expect you to need to do any ironing!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineWe want people to leave the retreat not only feeling better, but equipped to take home with them tips, techniques and recipes that can help to keep up the good work.
We're happy to cater for dietary requirements and all of our food is made from scratch, using organic ingredients from as close to where we live as possible. Nearly all our recipes are gluten-free, dairy free, processed sugar free and we're happy to cater for both vegetarian and vegan. We'll also be sharing daily juices and / or smoothies to give you that super energising boost your looking for.
An example menu for the day might include delicious banana pancakes with local honey and fruit for breakfast, prawn and spicy noodle salad for lunch and a chickpea and kale curry, served with jewelled cous cous for dinner. Jake has a crazy sweet tooth, so is also experimenting with creating healthy sweet treats, like sweet potato brownies, chocolate avocado mousse or bliss balls made from the almond pulp that is a by-product of homemade almond milk!
DirectionsBearfoot Lodge is located approx. 40 minutes drive from Limoges airport, in a small hamlet called La Pierre de Neuvic. There are daily flights run by Ryanair in the summer and British Airways from June to September. Car hire is available at the airport, which is highly recommended if you want to do some exploring before or after your retreat or we are happy to offer a pick up service.
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Dinard Brittany France Dinard Brittany France5 Nights
Hridaya Yoga France – Saint-Just-d'Avray Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes France Saint-Just-d'Avray Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes FranceNov 7 - 28, 2020 (22 days)
Hridaya Yoga France – Saint-Just-d'Avray Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes France Saint-Just-d'Avray Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes FranceDec 29, 2020 - Jan 9, 2021 (12 days)