Ideas About Happiness (sold out)
About This Event
Did you know that the best preserved ancient Greek temples cannot be found in Greece but on the Italian island of Sicily and that numerous Greek philosophers lived on Sicily? To this day, this island is still a truly mind-opening place - you can't help but think and experience more deeply.
We will be staying at a beautiful, clifftop villa just south of Taormina, with breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea and Mount Etna.
Arrive just in time to celebrate the Summer Solstice with a special guided meditation.
Explore the Ancient philosophical writings by Aristotle and Plato (who spent most of his life on Sicily). Study the Philosophy of Happiness and compare it to the teachings of the Baghavad Gita. These Greek and Indian teachings are about the same old and are remarkably similar in their approach to happiness.
This is a retreat that combines yoga, healthy living, positive affirmation of life, cultural studies, and spending time in nature. Besides visiting archaeological sites in Agrigento, Siracusa, and Taormina, you will also visit a fifth-generation winery and enjoy a fabulous Sicilian dinner!
"The real sense of happiness is not cursing your destiny, not wanting every second to change your scene, to change another mind, but to change your own mind to change the world." Bhagavad Gita "Happiness is not a destination, it is a habit." Aristotles
- The fee for this retreat includes (click to see the Itinerary):
- Accommodation in a deluxe single or double room for 6 nights: rooms can be furnished with two separate twin-size beds or one queen size bed - to your preference.
- Daily maid-service, mid-week linen change.
- Guided yoga practice twice daily.
- Guided meditations and posture clinics to deepen your personal practice.
- Three meals per day, Sicilian/Italian plant-based cuisine.
- Transportation from and to Catania Airport.
- Transportation to daily tours.
- Visit of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento - one of the best-preserved sites of Greek Ancient temples in the world!
- Visit of the Greek Theater in Taormina.
- Visit of the Neapolis and baroque center of Siracusa.
- Visit of Roman archaeological sites in Piazza Armerina and Morgantina.
- Talks about the ancient philosophy of creation, healthy living, honoring body and soul, and IDEAS OF HAPPINESS.
Schedule7:00 AM guided yoga and pranayama practice
8:30 AM breakfast
9:30 AM program starts
* Mon: tour to Siracusa/Ortigia/Necropolis
* Tue: tour to Taormina/Greek Theater
* Wed: time for yoga posture clinics, massages, pool time
* Thu: tour to Agrigento
* Fri: tour to Piazza Armerina (optional)
12:00 PM lunch
1:00 PM program continues
* Mon: visit to beach
* Tue: beach time Isola Bella
* Wed: free time
* Thu: Agrigento
* Fri: free time
5:00 PM return to villa
6:00 PM dinner
* Tue: dinner at Barone DiVillagrande (5th generation vineyard)
7:30 PM guided evening practice (yin yoga or yoga nidra)
8:30 PM free time for sauna, hot tub or pool
Venue HighlightsWhile being located remotely on top of a cliff in a small village on the South-East side of the island, this villa is only half an hour drive away from Catania Airport.
It's only 30 minutes drive to Siracusa and 45 minutes drive to Taormina.
It offers everything needed to host a group: private bedrooms/bathrooms, stunning outdoor and indoor dining areas, pool and sauna, a beautifully landscaped surrounding with large lawn areas to roll out our yoga mats.
And, it comes with a secret gem - a path hammered into the cliffrock behind the villa, leading down to the Mediterranean Sea with private access to swimming in salt water and to find the perfect spot for silent meditation.
AccommodationsEvery bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and access to the balcony.
This venue allows the quietness and space for a yoga retreat.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe will be enjoying breakfast consisting of fresh seasonal fruit, millet, pane Siciliano, jams and local honey with tea, juice, and coffee.
Lunch will mostly be eaten while on tour in authentic Sicilian places offering salads, pasta, grilled veggies, rice and fish dishes to choose from.
Dinners will be served at the villa featuring Sicilian and Mediterranean cuisine with fresh veggies, herbs, pistachios, olives, rice, salads, soups, casseroles, and pasta. Optional: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian.