MING FRANZ SPLASH ART
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
About This Event
Ming Franz specializes in Splash Color painting which combines watercolor and Acrylic with Chinese ink and brush. She received her basic art training in Taiwan and has continued her art in the United States.
Ming Franz received numerous awards, she was the grand prize winner of International Artist magazine challenge No.86 Abstract/experimental Art. Shibuya Award from Sumi-e Society of America, Creative design award from Pampered Platte Society. People’s choice award from Los Alamos Fuller Lodge Art Center. Nominated for Local Treasure this year.
The foundation of Splash ink and color painting process is based on principles originating in Tang Dynasty China with a technique known as Po Mo. Essentially the artist freely “splashes” liquid color onto stacks of dampened sheets of mulberry paper. After the wet sheets are left to dry for several hours, they are separated so the real magic can begin: discovering if the resulting dried sheets are abstracts able to stand on their own, or if they can be enhanced with more paint, whatever the imagination sees in the heart of the work!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...