THE PREVENTIVE SIDE OF ASHTANGA YOGA WITH MADELEINE ROMMEL
- WHAT IS PREVENTIVE ASHTANGA YOGA ?
- Preventive Ashtanga Yoga is a way to connect, wonder, understand and welcome our body in its present state, discovering a new way to practice, based on feeling how our body works naturally deep inside, even in an intense postural work or movement.
- The Ashtanga Yoga method is considered here as a great opportunity to connect to the inner wisdom that inhabits and manages the movements of the human body in its physiological way : when we apply the specific physical parameters that allow it to act, it then generates a global movement connecting the entire muscular system, which is natural without the interaction of the will, and optimal requiring the minimum of effort.
- THE TEACHING :
- Teaching is for me to approach each person in a personal way, welcoming her/his own way of practicing and offering her/him alternative experiences that will allow her/him to find, to feel how to harmonise her/his work, to globalise it, to make her/him more aware of the details, so that it becomes therapeutic, … this in a both scientific and intuitive way, because both are related, interdependent and necessary.
- Each class begins with a small ritual, partially guided, that allows the participants to set up and activate the elements that will allow their body to live a therapeutic experience related to their inner wisdom.
- Then, if the participants practice in Mysore, by themselves, I will offer assistance and adjust them, to make them aware of certain elements that would have gone unnoticed, not only in relation to the Ashtanga method but also and above all in relation to the needs of their body.
- If the course is guided, I intuitively connect to the rhythm and physical and psychic vibration of the group and guide it to an intense and conscious practice, in which everyone is taken into consideration.
- The afternoons are an opportunity to understand and feel the whys and wherefores of the bodily problems that can appear in the practice, and to find simple solutions, based on the resolution of the primordial cause and the resulting effects.
- Afternoons are also an opportunity to regenerate and have fun by breathing practices, relaxation postures and visual relaxation, in a spirit of self-discovery.
- Before the practice, the mini-trampoline bellicon brings a unique, enjoyable and effective warm-up as a global soft bodywork towards physiological rebirth through play.
About This Event
The Ashtanga Yoga method, as a way to connect to the inner wisdom of the human body : come and discover the pleasure of letting the natural physiological movement arise … with no will.
- 7 dinners
- 6 brunch
- 1 breakfast
- swimming pool
What's Not Includedextra drink
treatments and massages
Venue HighlightsAgricola Samadhi is much more than a farm, it is a journey in the journey, an existential, multi-sensorial, energizing and relaxing experience. It is at the same time a proposal and practice of a lifestyle in which the priority is re-finding itself, doing good, sharing with others, experimenting with the practices of yoga and other techniques the lost connection between the body, the mind and the Heart.
What is proposed and experimented at Agricola Samadhi is the energetic recharge and psychophysical wellbeing, through a path of knowledge, the rediscovery of the body and its potential and through a diet that purifies, lightens and strengthens.
Energy recharge and psychophysical wellness will be the most precious gifts that you will bring back home with your suitcases and new friendships that always arise during the stays.
AccommodationsECO LIVING We fight for the safety of the Planet. We are the planet, if we hurt it, we hurt ourselves.
We promote eco-sustainability and an eco-friendly lifestyle. We have installed a photovoltaic field for self-produced energy. No action, not even the smallest, (turn off the light, open or close a tap, buy or not a plastic bag at the supermarket) it is neutral, but it has an effect and this must be done consciously.
We privilege the purchase and the use of natural disposable and materials, whose origin and creation is traceable, respecting the worker and the environment. We have a zero impact target to minimize energy consumption and waste production (water, electricity, purchases …). We also recycle in a creative way all that we can, we differentiate waste. Organic waste becomes compost, compost fertilizer for our vegetable garden and orchard, strictly organic.
We support Greenpeace and all those local realities that have our same goals.
The structure was renovated in 2011 and it was designed in the name of eco-sustainable tourism, choosing to install the automatic turning off of lights at the exit of the room and using low-energy light bulbs to pursue an energy-saving policy. We invite our guests to a conscious and careful use of water and energy to avoid waste, we work in the separate collection of waste and we offer alternative solutions to private transport for pleasure visits, collaborating with local associations we share values and purposes with, such as Salento Slow Travel.
Menu/Cuisine“Good” is a ROUND word. When a child says, “it’s GOOD,” he tells of a world untouched, pure, essential.
“You’re good,” means: “I can trust, I feel safe.” This is true for humans, but also for nourishment.
A child is master of the essential innate ideas. Adults need to relearn to feel, to savor the taste of food connected to the taste of life.
You Are Here, and on this table you receive the privilege of that ‘good’ that has the taste of childhood.
Close your eyes for a moment, while you perceive the food that from your mouth diffuses energy and pleasure in every part of you.
Organic, for what we produce, it is truth, not a definition of fashion: we cultivate without using herbicides or pesticides with an arduous daily work between the rows.
Grow for us means supporting and not interrupting the cycle of life.
This food walks only a few steps to get from the garden to our kitchen.
Yes, this food is Good, because it made with love, because it is good for your health and at the same time does not harm anyone; to get on your plate it does not exploit other creatures, did not generate suffering, and does not bring pain residues, but joy.
It is a harmonious food, whole, in harmony with creation, with Mother Earth.
This food is the present but also the future toward which to aim. The deep aspiration is that the philosophy of mindful eating, respecting all living beings will always expand more, generating virtuous circles.
Listen to this food, it talks emitting happy vibrations.
We do not choose the easy way out, we like the commitment.
We want a full life that tastes Good”.
DirectionsYou should check if there are companies operating direct flight to Bari or Brindisi, otherwise you need an interconnection on Rome or Milan.
The nearest airport is Brindisi, about 60 km from Zollino, from there you can find buses to Lecce and then trains from Lecce to Zollino, we are in about 300 mts from Zollino railway station.
Bari Airport is farer, about 200 kms from Zollino, there are trains from the airport to Bari Centrale railway station, then trains to Lecce and again trains to Zollino.
It depends on what time your flight arrives, we can also arrange a pick up service from the airport or the station.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Le Pianore Agriturismo, Monticello Amiata – Monticello Amiata Toscana Italy Monticello Amiata Toscana ItalyJun 27 - Jul 11, 2020 (15 days)