- Perigord Retreats
- Gourdon, Lot, France
- Apr 30 - May 9, 2020 (10 days)
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
About This Event
Catherine Hillis is an American watercolor painter and lives on Saint Simons Island, Georgia, USA. She’s won hundreds of awards and has earned eight signature memberships from national watercolor organizations. The artist was one of 40 elected members of the prestigious Washington Society of Landscape Painters in Washington, D.C. and competes regularly in international watercolor exhibitions as well as plein air competitions and invitational shows. She served as artist in residence in Dinan, France in 2007, and at Hot Springs National Park in 2010.
Hillis works both in the studio and outdoors. She is drawn to scenes that are often forgotten or neglected, finding the intrinsic beauty in them. Her watercolor paintings are included in museum, corporate and personal collections and have been published in many venues, including Plein Air Magazine, Watercolor Artist Magazine, American Artist Magazine, Splash 12, Splash 14, Splash 18, the Artistic Touch series of water-media books, The Washington Post, the Best of America Watercolor Artists & Artisans, Volume 1 and the Best of Virginia Artists & Artisans 2005. Her article “Ten Tools for Better Watercolors” was published in American Artist Magazine in September, 2006 and her most recent article was featured in Watercolor Artist Magazine’s April 2017 issue. You may see Hillis teaching a series of brief watercolor lessons on (contact info blocked).
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...