BODY+SOUL ST BARTH
About This Event
MALLORCA YOGA & HIKE RETREAT OCT 2019
BODY+SOUL St. Barth is thrilled to offer a nourishing week of self-care and connection through yoga, amazing hikes, meditation, and great healthy food at the beautiful Tramuntana Flow House on the island of Mallorca (Spain). We are passionate about what we do and are excited to be sharing our love, insights and personal knowledge during the retreat.
Located 100 miles off the coast of Spain, the island of Mallorca is one of the crown jewels of the Mediterranean. Known for its spectacular coastlines, secluded sandy beaches, towering mountains and it’s lush and fertile countryside this island is as unique as it is beautiful.
You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. - Alan Alda
- Our yoga program is designed for all levels, even absolute beginners. You do not have to be an experienced yogi, but would be helpful if you were to try out a couple of classes before you arrive!
- We emphasize safety, awareness, intelligence – and the joie de vivre of yoga!
- • Morning classes will be taught by Nanda (influenced from various styles).
- • Afternoon sessions will vary between Yin Yoga, Restorative, Pranayama by Nanda & Yoga Nidra by Elisa.
- We will be hiking daily in the nearby Trumuntana mountain which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The range runs from southwest – northeast across the northern third of the island. The highest peak lies at 1,445 meters, with many peaks over 1,000 meters. We will hike daily along the GR221 route which is the known also as the “Limestone path” which was built by the Moors in the 14th century allowing the population to traverse from village to village. We will be hiking in moderate temperature through rough terrain including rocky landscapes. The average distance we will cover daily is anywhere between 7-10 kilometers.
ScheduleFLOW OF THE DAY
7:30 Meditation (Optional)
8:00 – 9:30 Yoga
11:00 or 13:00 Brunch / Lunch
11:30 – 15:30 Hike / Free time
17:00 – 18:30 Yoga – may change 30 +/- minutes
**Schedule subject to change to go with the flow of the week**
Venue HighlightsThe retreat house, located in the charming village of Sa Cabaneta, brings together fantastic yoga facilities, beautiful accommodations all in a peaceful environment boasting spectacular views of the Tramuntana mountain range where Elisa will be leading guided hikes each day during the retreat.
The Yoga Shala has sliding glass doors to let in the mountain breezes and natural soundtrack. The stunning outdoor area is also an option for practicing with a backdrop of nature. We will have access to a number of high quality and props mats, blocks, straps, blankets, and bolsters!
Accommodations4 DOUBLE ROOMS. ONE BATHROOM IS SHARED BETWEEN 2 DOUBLE ROOMS
1 QUADRUPLE ROOM WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM + TERRASSE
BEDS ARE TWINS IF REQUESTED
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
Menu/CuisineEXAMPLE OF A MENU
Filtered coffee; Herbal teas.
Dairy & vegetable milk (Oats/ Almond / Rice)
Juice: orange / apple / red fruits
Porridge (oats / millet/ quinoa)
Sliced tomato & cucumber /
Variety of cheese
Fresh seasonal fruit
Nuts (Almonds / hazelnut/ cashews) / Dried fruits
Boiled eggs/ Scrambled eggs
Honey and agave syrup
Tahini/ Peanut butter/ Dairy butter
Tomato & Coconut Soup with bread
Falafel & Green Salad
Roast aubergines with yogurt sauce & pomegranate
Peach mouse with caramelised almonds
Day with BRUNCH - 1
Serving what is indicated above for breakfast plus the following:
Quinoa with cacao & coconut milk
Waldorf Salad (apples, celery, carrots, grapes & walnuts)
Roasted carrots with coriander sauce
Cashew vegan Cheese with Tomato Jam
Red lentils with pumpkin & carrots
Quinoa with shiitake & Portobello mushrooms
Fennel, cucumber & orange Salad
Orange Almond Cake
Day with BRUNCH - 2
Home made muesli
Lemon & Ginger Humus
Vegetable Soup with white rice
Carrot and coconut soup with lemon and spices
Millet in the oven, served with romesco sauce, spring onion and toasted almond
Green Salad with avocado
DAY with 3 MEALS
Tomato & Azuki beans Soup with avocado
Roast potatoes with rosemary
Vegetable Thai Curry
Basmati brown rice with gomasio
Green Salad with papaya, pineapple in avocado dressing
Banoffee coconut chia pudding
DAY with 3 MEALS
Tallarines with artichokes/sundried tomatoes & black olives
Potato Salad with avocado
Sprout Salad with dried apricots,
Quinoa & Wild rice Salad with herbs & sweet potatoes (feta cheese on the side)
Carrot Cake with strawberry sauce
DirectionsAddress: Tramuntana Flow, Sa Cabaneta, Mallorca
Fly to Mallorca (PMI) and taxi is 20 min (20km) drive to the Retreat House. Once the group is formed, we will do a group email and the group can ‘self-organize’ taxi sharing from the airport. You may wish to rent a car for the week, this can be shared between many students, in order to explore the island during free time.