STEVE HILL PLEIN AIR PASTEL PAINTING
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
About This Event
I am thrilled to be invited to Perigord Retreats to teach a 10 day painting workshop and experience, near the birthplace of “en plein air” in the beautiful Dordogne region of southwestern France! Who wouldn’t be totally excited to come here to paint the landscape and teach amongst so many historic, time-honored, gorgeous sites as we will all experience for 10 days straight! Castles, bridges, the rivers, cliffs, vineyards, clinging villages, narrow winding streets, will all be in the mix with new locations chosen for each day within this incredible variety of subjects.
My role is to provide daily live demos at pre-selected painting sites and then provide personalized, constructive instruction to teach you to work successfully in the pastel medium . . . and to learn many new techniques that you can carry home with you and use for life. Since we are all painting the same areas, the demos will be very specific to subject matter, time-of-day and light conditions. My goal is to teach you to simplify, paint quickly, with confidence . . . and to capture the light!
I have taught over 75 Invitational Plein Air Pastel Painting workshops all over the U.S., Canada, Europe (Belgium and Croatia) since 2006, with over three dozen at Dakota Art Pastels, in Mt. Vernon, WA . . . which is the leading Pastel Workshop Venue in the U.S. and largest supplier of Pastel Products in the world.
One of the hallmarks of my teaching method is performing live narrated demos that are easy to follow and understand, with special emphasis on teaching and demonstrating a large variety of pastel strokes and special landscape painting techniques for everyone (from beginner to advanced artists) in the medium.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...