DEBORAH L STEWART PLEIN AIR SKETCHING, PASTEL AND COLOUR STUDIES
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
About This Event
Join me at Perigord Retreats for a relaxing, inspiring and invigorating art experience! You will be inspired by the French countryside and culture. You will be energized while creating expressive works in pastel of flowers, water gardens and fields of lavender and sunflowers.
We will tour the Dordogne region and surrounding area of Perigord. We will draw and create small studies on site at various locations such as Les Jardins d’eau and the village and gardens of La Roque-Gageac and more. Special emphasis for my workshop will be placed on gardens of France.
My workshops are suitable for the beginner and advanced artist working in soft pastel.
Artists wishing to work in other media are welcome to attend. We will begin each day in the studio with short warm up exercises and demonstrations before venturing out to sketch and create small studies on site. We will return to the studio in the afternoon for extended working time, guided learning and individual assistance and critiques. Each day will include time to experience the beautiful surroundings for inspiration and studio time to explore and create your interpretations of gardens, landscapes and French villages.
I strive to create an open, non-threatening and fun environment where all can feel successful. Artists who have attended have stated that I created a wonderful workshop atmosphere where they felt successful. They came away with a solid understanding of how to proceed on their own. They enjoy the pacing of the workshop and the gradual development of skill building.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...