ALAIN J PICARD PLEIN AIR SKETCHES, WATERCOLOUR, ACRYLIC, OIL, PASTEL
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
About This Event
On this painting workshop to the south of France, we will explore and paint the beautiful region of Dordogne. An abundance of inspiration is provided, full of everything from quaint historic villages and medieval castles to breathtaking views of the rolling countryside and traditional French markets. With beautiful accommodations, delicious organic, locally sourced foods and wines, and endless inspiration surrounding us, this is your perfect opportunity to create beautiful art and enduring memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.
This workshop is open to beginners and advanced artists painting in pastel, oil, acrylic and watercolor. Alain will teach and demonstrate daily, as well as providing lots of one-on-one instruction at your easel.
We’ll work on location developing sketches, plein air studies and photographs while exploring the many beautiful destinations such as Rocamadour, Saint Cirq Lapopie, La Roque Gageac, Domme, and many more. We will also have plenty of time back in the Perigord Retreat studio to work together and develop our ideas in generous light and space.
There is no need to be intimidated if you are new to painting outdoors. Throughout the workshop, Alain will encourage you with his simple approach to exploring and capturing your subject quickly as well as helping you experiment with new techniques and approaches to get your creative juices flowing.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Jul 2 - 12, 2020 (11 days)