MARGARET DYER PASTEL, AND OIL PAINTING
About This Event
Margaret is the recent recipient of the Best Impressionist Painting Award at the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS) exhibition. She is a Master Pastelist with the Pastel Society of America, and she is in the Masters Circle of the International Association of Pastel Societies. Her work has been published in American Artist, International Artist, The Artist’s Magazine, Pastel Artist International and the Pastel Journal.
Originally from Long Island, New York, Margaret lives and paints in Atlanta, Georgia, her home base as she travels to teach workshops across the USA, in France and Italy.
In Margaret’s workshops students are taught traditional oil and pastel painting techniques. Working with live models and from photos taken during the class, students will explore drawing, composition, anatomy, proportion, value, color and pastel and/or oil application. Emphasis will be on developing form using light and shadow using Margaret’s easy step-by-step method. For those who are bewildered by color or are wanting to speed up and become less tight in their work, this is an excellent class to take.
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free