MELISSA HARRIS WATERCOLOUR
About This Event
In this Art and Spirit Retreat we will combine plein air painting at historical and medieval sacred sites along with meditation and studio painting time. Workshops are an ideal place to explore your creative process, especially within a like minded group of individuals in a magical location. The Dordogne region is rich in historic castles, culture, towns, caves and landscapes- sure to provide you with the trip of a lifetime. No previous experience is required. You may choose to simply keep an informal visual travelogue of your time in this beautiful region of France.
At the retreat you will:
Learn or refine watercolor technique through basic tools such as composition, color, subject matter, perspective and proportion
Use meditation to connect with your inner being to help define your own unique style of painting
Visit and paint at sacred sites such as Rocamadour, location of the Black Virgin dating back to the 11th Century, Cahors with its Roman remants and on the route of the Pilgrims of Santiago Compostella, Sarlat cathedral and medieval buildings, St Circ Lapopie with it’s church and spiritual, surrealist feel. Other towns we may visit include La-Roque Gageac, Beynac castle, Sarlat La Caneda and more.
Visit quaint French markets and magical medieval towns
Have time to relax and integrate what you are learning while soaking up the beauty and magic of this gorgeous region while enjoying comfortable accommodations and gourmet food at Perigord Retreats -complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens!
- Your workshop days will be a beautiful blend of studio time, delightful excursions, cultural experiences and of course, plenty of free time to rest and explore!
- You can arrive, unpack your suitcase (and your art supplies) and truly relax, since the entire group will make its home at the gorgeous Perigord Retreat Villas - complete with indoor pool, spacious studio and stunning gardens! We told you it was dreamy!
- Workshop instruction
- Full board accomodation
- All meals except – 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- All tour & excursion fees
- All local wine and beverages
- Transport to and from Toulouse Airport
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free