Easter Sailing Retreat (Apr 2019)
About This Event
Easter Sailing Trip
Athens - Sounio - Aegina - Epidavros- Athens
Apr 19 - 22
Have you ever imagined spending Easter on a sail boat and cruising the Greek Islands?
Come and join us for this beautiful short escape around beautiful Greek islands located near Athens. and Yes it is already early summer in Greece.
Group size from 4 minimum to 8 max.
Aegina (Ag. Marina)
Also check our Apr 26 - 1 May Greek Easter Sailing Trip
(contact info blocked)
depart from the Marina in Voula (Athens) at 9am
sail to Sounio
visit the Temple of Poseidon
dinner at the local taverna
at night watch the full moon near the Temple from the boat
sail to Aegina Island to Agia Marina port
lunch at the local taverna
visit to the Temple of Aphaia
dinner at the local taverna
sail to Epidavros
lunch in the local taverna
visit to the Ancient Theatre of Epidavros
dinner at the local taverna
sail back to Athens
Prices per person (shared cabin)
€ 500 - last minute prices payed in last 2 weeks before the retreat
€ 450 - standard Prices
€ 400 - early bird prices for payments before 1 March
What do you get for your money :
* Overnight accommodation aboard the 40ft yacht
* Swim and dive in crystal clear water (Water Temp. Average 15.7°C / 60.3°F)
* Understand basic sailing and seamanship
* Sunday sundown sailing return to Athens
* Make up a party of 5 up to 8 people
* No sailing experience needed
* Skipper and competent crew aboard for a safe and stress free experience
* All taxes and fees
* Greek taverna lunches & dinners ashore
* entrance fees to the the sites on land
* your food/breakfast - you need to purchase the things you wish to eat and have onboard and prepare it yourself together with other companions of your trip. Water, some fruits and some dry snacks will be available onboard.
Please note: This tour will run with 4 people signed up. The group is limited to 8 on one boat.
If we have high demand we will get another boat for 8 people.
How to get there:
Flights to Athens.
Many cheap airlines fly to Athens, such as: Wizzair, Ryanair, Pegasus, Turkish Airlines, Aegean.
Suggested arrival into Athens on 18 Apr at night, sleep over in the areas of Central Athens or Voula - close to the marina.
It is also possible to sleep onboard on the night of your arrival, this needs to be agreed and booked beforehands. € 50 per person per night extra charge will apply.
Sailboat departure from Athens marina: 19 Apr 9am
Sailboat return to Athens marina: 22 Apr 8pm
If you need to return for your earlier flight on Sunday there are commercial ferry boats that can arrive earlier: You can check the times on (contact info blocked)
You need to allow approx 45min to get to the airport by bus or 30min by taxi from the marina.
The itinerary are suggested and subject to approval by skipper who will be evaluating prevailing weather and sea conditions at the time of charter. Private charter vessels are not cruise ships and can alter point of call at any time during the charter for passengers’ safety and comfort. This is a sample itinerary suggestion which is not legally binding. All information is given in good faith and is believed correct but cannot be guaranteed. The itinerary that will be followed will be discussed by Charterer and skipper upon embarkation, every effort will be made to meet Charterer’s preferences but the actual itinerary that will be followed is subject to weather conditions and to the discretion of the skipper who will be considering passengers’ safety first.
In case of really bad weather, when it is not safe to sail out we will still enjoy the boat, sleep onboard and during the day the organizers will provide excursions to places of interest like Sounio and Acropolis.
This to bring/consider:
* Travel insurance - it might be worthwhile checking with your company to ensure you're covered for sailing activities or any last-minute emergencies,
* Travel dates - if your schedule allows it, stay an extra day before and after your trip.
* White or sailing shoes for the deck. Rock shoes - the rocks can be sharp and if you have some rock shoes, they may be a handy addition to your luggage (if you plan on a little exploring),
* Luggage - most people tend to over pack for a sailing holiday. You generally can pack on the light side, just remember your swimmers, something for the evening at dinner and a warm jacket. Soft bags are preferred on the boat as they're easier to stow away and cause less damage,
* Beach towel - We will provide ben linen and a towel, however if you’d like a beach towel it may pay to bring your own,
* Power adapter - it’s always good to bring a power adapter for any electrical items, including USB cords. The boat has 2 prong European power points, personal power banks are also a great idea to bring with you,
* Medication - if you need medication, remember to bring it with you, including seasickness tablets if you get motion sickness. It’s better to be safe than seasick!
* Music - pack your favourite music on your iPod or MP3 player and remember to pack your aux cable,
* Money - bring cash for dinners in town, as the island may not have an ATM or accept cards
* Shoes - any shoes with dark or marking soles and heels are not permitted on board. It would be wise to bring flip-flops or similar for the hot weather,
* Personal - Remember your personal toiletries, including shampoo and to pack your swimmers!
Other items guests like to bring can also include:
* Underwater camera or GoPro for creating a video of your holiday