Equanimity with Mindfulness and Yoga
About This Event
Yoga involves mindfulness in movement. That mindfulness depends on a holistic interaction with the body. This sense of mindfulness also depends on an approach of Maitri (meaning Loving Kindness). To experiencing mindful awareness and kindness towards one’s self in any given moment as being full of limitless possibilities.
In relation to trauma, Rhodes describes a similar phenomena, “yoga assists survivors in using the body and breath to become aware of felt experiences and take care of oneself in the present-moment, whatever arises.” (Rhodes, 2015). These words resemble Maitri in their shared aspect of living kindness towards oneself .
I combine Trauma-Sensitive methods (Bessel A. van der Kolk) and mindfulness practices into my teachings for a non-hierarchical approach towards the mind, heart, body, and spirit.
Mindfulness is a training. I offer a 6 week personal retreat course at the Maitri Studio or through live virtual meetings through Skype. The course offers:
1. Mindfulness theory and practice
2. Weekly 90 min meeting
3. Guided meditation instruction
4. Personalized yoga and body movement practice based upon individual needs and intentions
5. Arts Therapies practices creative art prompts as home study.
6. Trauma informed yoga and meditation support
- The key points of this retreat are trainings in mindfulness and a therapeutic yoga element in combination with arts therapies. The intention of the mindfulness trainings and the retreat is the cultivation of resilience and concentration, as well as:
- Shifting out unhelpful cognitive routines;
- Being more responsive and less reactive;
- Present moment awareness;
- Kindness and compassion;
- The ability to let go;
- The increases grey matter and cortical thickness in the brain.
Schedule1. We first meet through email connection
2. 30 min free meeting through the phone and or skype this is our time to share more information and make the next connection
3. Schedule weekly meeting times 90 min each for 6 week
4. Begin course
AccommodationsThe retreat I offer make it possible to enter into a in house personal retreat practice. It is not always possible to travel for retreat. Often family and household duties can make it difficult to experience the wonderful benefits and healing retreat practice offers. This is an ongoing offering one can begin at anytime however the full course commitment is required as mindfulness is a training. Mindfulness requires practice as well, correct technique and view. I offer course through Skype globally, and at the Maitri Yoga Studio in Rural BC.
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio