Asana and the Principals of Alignment
- La Buena Vibra Yoga and Mindfulness School
- San Lorenzo 7, Valle de Atongo, Tepoztlán, Morelos, Mexico
- May 4 - 5, 2019 (2 days)
About This Event
LBVYS offers extensive training in Classic Hatha Yoga, and the methods of Hatha Vinyasa and Ashtanga Vinyasa. Students will participate in two asana-based classes per day and various master lectures with distinguished teachers where they will learn the principals of alignment, functional movement, methods of embodiment, internal visualization and sensation, both the physical and subtle body mechanics of the poses, and how to generate and direct energy through drishti, pranayama, and mental intention. All of this is a beautiful environment, away from the city, where you can refresh and relax while advancing your practice.
At La Buena Vibra (The Good Vibe), we aim to raise the awareness and benefits of a holistic and knowledgeable Yoga practice in order to create balance and harmony between the Self and the surrounding environment, both for the individual practitioner and the good of all.
- Our Master Ashtangi and head teacher, Yoga Acharya Tanya Witmond, studied directly with the creator of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Shri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson Sharath Jois, with the personal recommendation of her Yoga guru in Malaysia. She is also a wellness and health professional with various certifications, and an award-winning athlete, with a career of dedication to the field. Tanya Ji offers her extensive experience and lifetime of disciplined spiritual practice to all of her students.
- Lead teacher, Yogini J’aime Blakely, has a master’s degree in Psychology with a specialty in consciousness, spirituality, and integrative health with a thesis focus in Yoga Psychology and a doctorate in Metaphysical Sciences. She is also an experienced teacher in Classic Hatha, Hatha Vinyasa, and Ashtanga styles of Modern Postural Yoga.
- The Yoga and Mindfulness School is housed within the award-winning La Buena Vibra Hotel, considered one of the great Treasures "Tesoros" of Mexico. A truly breathtaking environment, dedicated to sustainability, wellness, beauty, and consciousness.
- The hotel offers accommodation in luxury and style, full spa services, and the option of a Yogic Diet package during our retreats.
- Taught in both Spanish and English with live translation.
8:30 - 9:00 Shatkarma and Pranayama
9:00 – 10:30 AM Ashtanga Vinyasa
10:30 – 11AM Break
11am – 1:00 PM Lecture
1:00 – 2:30 PM Break
3:00 – 4:30PM Lecture
4:30 – 5:00PM Break
5:00 – 6:30 PM Hatha Yoga
6:30 – 7:00 PM Meditation
Venue HighlightsOur Yoga training facilities are housed within the award winning La Buena Vibra Resort, just under the pyramid mountains of Pueblo Mágico Tepoztlán, and feature our asana practice room with stunning views of the Los Venaditos cascade, a quiet and comfortable meditation room, a large hall for feature events and special guest teachers, and several classrooms all in an upscale, lush, green environment. The resort offers several options for accommodation, a fully equipped spa and aesthetic center, and an attentive on-site staff to help with anything you may need. Our Yoga training guests are welcome to enjoy a delicious vegetarian meal after class, prepared by our professional chefs in our garden restaurant, or a cleansing steam bath to relax the muscles and freshen the skin. Truly, a perfect place for a profound meditation, rigorous yoga class, intensive training course, or workshop.
AccommodationsWe have several different types of accommodation to suite everyone's needs. Our most economical option is our Yoga Dormitory. Our shared Yoga Dorms are perfect for a people expecting luxury on a budget. Minimum of 4, maximum of 6 people. Our dorms are located adjacent to the Meditation and Yoga halls, have a gorgeous garden and mountain view, and open out onto a private fountain courtyard. The dorm bathrooms are outside and alongside the dorms, yet they are private to the dorm guests. Our shared triple rooms come with a choice of three individual beds, or a king-sized bed and an individual.
Our Shared Double rooms are located inside our adobe courtyard, and all have their own small garden patios and private bathrooms. These Luxuriously decorated and upscale rooms with two separate beds are perfect for friends traveling together.
Our private rooms are perfect for those who prefer quiet luxury, with private patios or balconies, stunning garden and mountain views, and beautiful decoration. These rooms come with King Sized beds, with an option for two single beds, and courtesy water/coffee/tea, high quality bedding, and private sound system. All of our guests enjoy free wifi access, and pool and gym access.
Menu/CuisineWe are pleased to offer a "Yogic Diet" package to our retreat guests who are interested in a light, organic, and Sattvic menu. We believe the foods that we eat should be prepared with love and positive intention. In eating a yogic diet, we are increasing prana and supporting a higher state of consciousness. We suggest that our Yoga practitioners adhere to Sattvic yogic foods, while avoiding foods that do not align with yogic principles. These suggestions are recommended for any level of yoga practitioner or individual seeking a healthy, spiritual path.
If something more liberal is desired, our guests have complete access to our award winning "La Cascada" restaurant, serving Mexican and Fusion foods, Vegetarian and Vegan foods, and our full bar at our normal prices.