THE BLESSED MOTHER RETREAT
About This Event
THE BLESSED MOTHER
A Retreat for Personal & Planetary Healing
Join us for this 5 day healing and ceremonial odyssey into awakening the seeds of planetary medicine through our reverence for the Earth and our individual call to Evolve. What is offered in this retreat is inspired by the radically potent teachings and practices of heart medicine and the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition; the wisdom traditions from the Amazon basin; and the arising of Earth Stewardship globally.
We live in the time of prophecy where we are awakening individually and collectively to the remarkable preciousness of all Life, and the sacredness of that which gives life, our Blessed Earth Mother. Many of us are feeling the call deep within our hearts to a more expanded service. The tenderness of our individual wounds and the collective traumas are initiating a powerful (at times overwhelming) longing to be of Service to the living soul of Gaia. When we gather as a collective with the focused intention to alchemize our pain, suffering, and wounds into something that can nourish our lives and the collective, an unparalleled potency of service is possible.
This retreat is a marriage of: the latest understandings on the nature of consciousness and material reality; the skillful means of a coherent heart/brain to actualize change in the greater Field of consciousness; the power of group intention; the evolutionary medicine of sound, breath, and movement; and the wisdom teachings of animistic Earth honouring beauty expressed through ancient art of ceremonies from the Andes and Amazon basin.
AWAKEN YOUR SOUL SERVICE, ACTIVATE YOUR PLANETARY MEDICINE
THE TIME IS NOW.
Be ready for a transformational adventure of creative expression, heart awakening and soul renewal. Robin and Darcy will be facilitating this retreat with the support of the magnificent and magical Robyn and Marco! Please see below for more information on each facilitator.
THIS RETREAT WILL INCLUDE:
- Five days of Earth honouring ceremonial work including one evening meditation with Robyn & Marco, and two day time heart meditations with Robin & Darcy.
- Teachings and practice of Planetary healing rituals of the Andes including the creation of a Hatun Ayni Despacho.
- Elemental cleansing and blessing rituals of Renewal.
- Continuum breath and body practice facilitated by Robyn.
- Guided journey work & integration support.
- Delicious, organic, local food and beverages.
- Cedar hot tub, sauna & private lake access.
- Restorative movement, dance, and Shamanic energy practices
- Optional medicine baths, body and energy work.
- Skilled, experienced, and kind facilitation.
"Robin and Darcy create a sacred and safe ceremony space that holds many facets of the Andean culture and healing practices translating into an exceptionally rich and deep experience. As individuals, a couple, facilitators and ceremonial practitioners they walk the road they are showing to others with integrity, kindness, generosity and reciprocity. What they are offering into the world, I would recommend to anyone." Laurel C., Administrator & Event Organizer
"I have been participating in ceremonies and Pachakuti based workshops with Robin and Darcy for three years. In their dedication to the work and living their practice they bring a strong sense of integrity and safety to the space. This allows me to trust and give myself fully to the journey. I've been so grateful to let go of lifetime issues of anxiety, scarcity fears, and so much guilt in an atmosphere of loving community and service to all sentient beings. Grief over loss of loved ones has been transformed and relationship with these new ancestors has become joyful and present. When asked I tell friends that attending these ceremonies is the best gift I have ever given myself." - Suzan W., Art Therapist
"I have the highest respect for Robin and Darcy as workshop facilitators and ceremonial practitioners. They are kind, compassionate, and sensitive; highly attuned to the multidimensionality of inner exploration. They are devoted to being of service for the greatest good of all beings, and dedicated to supporting people to connect with themselves, community, and Spirit. They both radiate love, wisdom, care, and the sincerity and resonance of people who live from their hearts. I've worked with them for years, and totally trust their ability to offer a safe, encouraging, and inspiring space where people can feel the freedom to be all that they are. As a facilitator myself for many decades, I feel confident that whatever they offer will reflect the goodness of their hearts and their dedication to service and Spirit, and bring great benefit and blessings to all those in their circles." Karuna E., International Yoga Teacher & Author
The retreat centre is warm, the rooms are lovely, the food and staff was great and the setting was soothing.
- Robin and Darcy are sanctioned teachers and mentors within the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross cultural shamanism. Pachakuti” means “world reversal” and refers to the time of transformation we are living now. A mesa is an altar for self-exploration, transformation and personal growth in which we create a new paradigm of one’s relation to the Self and the Universe. This tradition, in all its richness, is an evolving practice of inner and outer activities that restore balance and harmony to our relationships with All That Is.
- Robin and Darcy will also be offering support, coaching, and mentoring for Mesa carriers (or anyone who is interested in becoming a Mesa carrier) in this retreat. As well as sharing the radically transformative teachings of personal and planetary healing within this lineage, and some of the latest scientific research showing the incredible power of a coherent Heart. This is where the ancient wisdom and new understanding come together to potentiate our evolution! This will be woven into the daytime heart meditations and experientially based practices that they co-facilitate.
- A tenacious love for life and compassion for all beings called Robin to Spirit at a young age. This coupled with a seemingly incurable mysterious illness from the ages of 14-24 launched her into a sincere and humble quest for healing, truth, and wisdom. This quest brought her at young and tender ages to the monasteries of Nepal, orphanages of Mongolia, Ashrams of India, the sacred lakes of Siberia, and eventually to the wisdom systems of the Andes and Amazon in Peru where she utterly healed and transformed. For the last 13 years, Robin has supported, empowered, and been in loving service to hundreds of people each year, through her ceremonial work which is rooted in the wisdom and ancestral blessings of the ancient Chavin. Being in service to the wisdom of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition lineage is a true blessing and continuation of this work. She is a visionary artist and utilizes creative expression as a joyful pathway for transformation. Robin holds a B.A. in Ecopsychology and an M.A. in Sustainable Communities. Robin is deeply grateful for this opportunity to be of service to your personal healing, Pachamama, and the awakening of planetary medicine.
- For the past two decades, Darcy has been passionately researching the fields of holistic health, alternative medicine, spiritual healing, and human potential. Darcy has worked with hundreds of clients through his ceremonial and transformational energy practice. He is tapped into the potential within humanity to evolve into ways of living that are supportive of all life. He has a deep passion for helping people heal and thrive, and has dedicated many years to training in shamanism, consciousness studies, self-inquiry, and various energy healing modalities. Darcy is committed to supporting as many people as possible in this planetary evolution. He is tremendously honoured to be of service to Pachamama, to life, and to all awakening hearts.
- Robyn has been on a deep journey in service to, and through, the healing arts for almost 2 decades. She is an Authorized Continuum Movement teacher, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist, and visionary songstress. She is passionate about co-creating spaces of deep listening through the culmination of the many tools, resources, and experience she has gathered over the years. Robyn has indepth experience and training in holding space with somatic therapies and trauma resolution. She mentors clients through classes, workshops, retreats and private sessions to unveil the wonders, wisdom and potential of our bodies. Robyn’s teacher, Doña Christina is of the Quechua-Mestizo tradition. The songs and ways which have been passed on from her have deep resonant vibrations of harmony, health and unshakeable trust in the power of Love to hold, heal and integrate all that arises.
- Marco has been working with plants from Mexico and Peru for the last 11 years. The last 7 years Marco, has worked intensively within the Shipibo tradition. Learning from many teachers including Maricela Inuma, Pablo Bardales Walter Muranay, Fernando Mahua and Delcy Fernandez. He has been immersed in learning the medicinal uses and vibrational healing of plants from the amazon jungle through the icaros, energy work and embodiment of plant knowledge. Marco brings a deep connection to spirit and strong devotion to the healing power of the plants to all of his work with participants.
ScheduleTHE BLESSED MOTHER RETREAT
Thursday July 25th
Noon-2pm Participant arrival and checkin at the Sentinel Retreat- Lunch will be served around 12:30pm for those who wish to join.
2pm-5pm Opening of the circle and ceremonial space
6:30pm Introduction to Continuum with Robyn
7:30pm Evening meditation with Robyn and Marco
Friday July 26th
12pm Day time Heart meditation with Robin & Darcy
Saturday July 27th
10-12pm Inquiry and integration circle
1-2:30pm Continuum Practice
Open afternoon for rest or body work
7pm-8pm Shamanic journey and breath work session to prepare for Sunday
Sunday July 28th
7am Light & optional breakfast
9-6pm Heart meditation & Hatun Ayni Despacho with Robin & Darcy
(The despacho is a blessing ceremony from the wisdom traditions of the high Andes. It is a beautiful mandala like creation of prayers rooted in the understanding of sacred reciprocity (that nothing goes one way, humans interdependence with all of life, and that the love and gratitude within our hearts is the path we journey upon when truly healing.)
Monday July 29th
9-9:30am Room check out
9:30-12pm Closing circle and integration
This schedule may be changed to best meet the arising needs of the participants.
- We are passionate and dedicated to offering you the most nourishing, nurturing, and transformative experience possible. To support this process this retreat will include:
- Organic &/or local food skillfully crafted by our beloved chef Lindsay Thompson. Lindsay has been cooking healthy, healing, and delicious food for groups for the last decade. She is trained in Ayurveda, Amazonian Vegetalismo, and is also a registered Somatic Counsellor. We are so happy and grateful to have her on our team.
- Meals from Thursday Lunch through Monday Breakfast will be included. All meals will have a vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free option. Please let us know ahead of time if you have any special food needs.
- This is a residential retreat and we require all participants to stay on site for all four nights. All participants have access to the main house living room and kitchen, cedar wood jacuzzi and sauna, gardens, and private beach.
- The rooms at the Sentinel are beautiful, light, and super comfy. Each room has a private bathroom.
- For campers there is access to a full bathroom. Please note that there are limited camping spaces.
What's Not IncludedThere will be optional access to body work treatments on Saturday afternoon. This could include massage, acupuncture, and cranial sacral therapy. All treatments need to be pre-booked with the Sentinel staff. These treatments would be an additional cost.
No transportation to or from the Sentinel is included, although we will be happy to connect you with other participants with whom you could ride share.
Venue HighlightsTHE SENTINEL RETREAT CENTRE
This retreat will be held in the beautiful east Kootenay Mountains of British Columbia at the gorgeous Sentinel retreat centre. Surrounded by cedars, wildflowers, mountain streams and lakes, this ceremonial lodge is a unique jewel in the heart of the Kootenays. In this retreat we will be serving organic and local food prepared by loving hands. All participants will have access to the lodge for all retreat activities, meals and amenities. There are many high quality private and shared accommodation available and many idyllic camping spots.
AccommodationsAll our kings and shared twin rooms have stunning views of the lake and mountains like this one! Whether you are in a private luxurious king room or a shared twin, all our accommodation is clean and modern. Your ensuite has heated floors, a rain shower and amenities for your comfort. Fluffy white towels and crisp linens are waiting for you as you check into your room so you can relax and refresh.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe offer an array of colourful, nourishing and well-balanced meals lovingly made by professional chefs and consciously sourced from our organic, on-property garden.
FARM TO TABLE The Sentinel produces its own organic fruits and vegetables which are supplemented by local organic gardens.
The earth is our foundation for health – we know that the tomato on your plate was planted and nourished to its full potential by us.
LOCALLY SOURCED Meats are free range organic and prepared from our own suppliers, honey is from local bee keepers and vegetables are from our garden and local providers. Experience the connection while walking through our gardens.
MADE WITH LOVE Our most important ingredient is the love of those that have grown and prepared your meal – so your body can be nourished and be able do the work that is needed to be done on the planet.
A TASTE OF OUR MENU
BREAKFAST: Our signature “This is not oatmeal” combinations of nature’s wellness berries including chia and goji berries –sesame seeds and dried fruits. Gluten-free. Farm fresh eggs of the day, served with freshly picked greens and herbs
Organic yogurts and honey & Applesauce muffins & Freshly baked bread every day
LUNCH: Fresh mixed garden salad, Quinoa lasagna with marinara sauce with Russian garlic and truffle oil
DINNER: Chicken Ancho (a specialty from our friends in Mexico) with roasted root vegetables & mixed grain salad OR our signature vegan curry with Sentinel garden pumpkin
TREATS: Peach cobbler
DirectionsWhen you see this sign you have arrived!
We are 50 minutes from Nelson BC and 15 minutes from Ainsworth Hot Spring & 7 minutes from Kaslo.
You can drive here from Vancouver in 9 hours and from Calgary in 8, these drives are beautiful in the summer time and especially if you are coming with a friend! Alternatively we are just a short 1 hour flight from either of these major cities, the closest airport is the Castlegar airport, which is 1.5 hours from our door!