6 Days All Inclusive Yoga & Volunteer Retreat in Morocco
About This Event
If you are all about empowering yourself while lifting others, escape with 109 World and Ambre Van de Berg to Marrakech this May 23-28, 2019! This journey will allow us to explore the beautiful culture of Morocco, practice yoga and meditation all while supporting important local educational & empowering programs for women & teenage girls in Marrakech.
Why women and teenage girls? Because in Morocco they are often ostracized from society and have little opportunity in life if they are from disadvantaged backgrounds (widows, divorcees, single mothers, orphans, women with little education, etc.). Our goal on this trip is to learn more and support two incredible organizations providing opportunities for these women: Project Soar and the Henna Café. Join us and spend this week nourishing your mind & body, all while giving back to the local community of Marrakech and immersing into the culture!
Please email us at (contact info blocked) to claim your discount code!
This trip is an incredible buffet of love, compassion, service, meditation, yoga, and mental and spiritual awakening
- Daily Yoga and meditation with Island Yoga’s own talented and inspiring Ambre Van de Berg
- Stay at the beautiful Riad Star, a traditional Moroccan bed & breakfast
- Volunteer with two incredible, local organizations dedicated to providing education & opportunity to the local community, especially women and girls.
- Delicious, heathy, and traditional Moroccan meals
- Opportunity for excursions including: touring the local souks (market) & medina (old town), getting Henna done by the talented ladies at the café, a day exploring the local Agafay desert, a chance to take Arabic classes, time to experience a traditional Hammam spa treatment and more!
- Become a part of a beautiful community of Changemakers and make lifelong friends
Schedule7.00-8.00 AM // Morning Yoga
8.00 - 8.45 AM // Breakfast
9.00 - 12.00 PM // Henna Café volunteer work
1.00 - 2.00PM // Lunch
2.00 - 4.30 PM // Free time & Optional excursions
4.30-6.00 PM // Restorative yoga practice & sunset meditation
7.00 - 9.00 PM // Dinner
9.00 - 10.00 PM // Evening activity & free time
Venue HighlightsWe will be staying at the beautiful Riad Star. This stunning Riad was formerly home of Jazz Age superstar Josephine Baker and has been remodeled with a variety of exquisite rooms, each with its own design and charm. This Riad is renowned for its excellent service and prime location in the heart of the Medina. Equipped with a beautiful rooftop terrace where we will practice yoga, a traditional Moroccan spa (Hammam), and dipping pool located at the center of the courtyard – we will be in pure bliss throughout our stay. We can’t wait to call this little paradise home for the week!
AccommodationsEach of Riad Star’s rooms has its own personality, and they all have everything you need to enjoy your stay in Marrakech including air conditioning, en suite facilities, mini fridge, room safe, hairdryer, flat screen TV, luxurious pure silk duvets and complimentary toiletries. For this retreat we will accommodate two twin beds in each room and all participants will have one roommate. Please email us at (contact info blocked) if you have any special request regarding accommodation or any question.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free