4-nights Summer Retreat
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Simple and nourishing food prepared with love by the nuns.
- The sacred and healing energy of an active convent.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of like-minded people with whom you can share experiences and grow together.
- Single and comfortable rooms.
- Silence to encourage reflection and healing.
- Possibility for individual talks with the trainers.
- Dharma talk by the teachers on the topic of the retreat.
Schedule7.30 – 9.00 Mindful movement; meditation
9.00 – 10.30 Breakfast
10.30 – 11.15 Meditation instructions and sitting meditation
11.15 – 12.00 Walking meditation
12.00 – 12.30 Sitting meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Sitting meditation
15.15 – 16.00 Walking meditation or group interviews
16.00 – 16.45 Sitting meditation
16.45 – 17.30 Walking meditation or group interviews
17.30 – 18.00 Sitting meditation
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner
19.30 – 20:15 Evening talk from teachers
20-15 – 20.45 Walking meditation
20.45 – 21.00 Sitting meditation
21.00 Rest or further practice
About This Event
In this retreat we will take a deep dive into mindfulness practices and practice how to quiet the mind and open our heart. Each day will offer a sustained schedule of formal meditation practice, meetings with the teachers, talks and instructions, all within an underlying environment of silence. It takes place in the beautiful Benedictine convent "Hurtebise" in the middle of the countryside in the Ardennes.
I thought it would be challenge, but actually it wasn’t difficult at all. I again felt a deep calm, and also a bit of tiredness but in a good way. The location of the retreat was very peaceful and calm. I slept so well, I felt very safe and secure being surrounded by like-minded people. The schedule of the retreat was very well balanced, not too much, with a nice mix of meditation and yoga and enough time for ourselves. The fact that there was a red line running through the meditations was something I really liked. All-in all, a very welcome break!
Venue HighlightsThe retreat will take place in the convent of Hurtebise, an active Benedictine convent in the Belgian Ardennes close to Saint-Hubert. The location is a haven of peace and calm. The retreat is fully catered and food will be served by the nuns of the convent. Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks are available throughout the retreat.
Around the monastery there are many beautiful walks through the fields and woods.
AccommodationsThe rooms are single an comfortable rooms with shared bathrooms.
- Free Parking