8 Days: Ayurvedic Food & Spiritual Yoga Retreat, on Gozo island
About This Event
Be spoiled with your own private Indian ayurvedic chef.
Cleanse, heal, reconnect, and gift yourself an awakened body, steady mind, and a new kitchen meditation practice - a simple, delicious, daily transformational habit to take home.
Relax by your countryside pool in your private farmhouse, and be guided daily in a gentle and dynamic practice of Yoga to nourish your soul.
Enjoy a free cooking class on how to use spices for healing and delicious food.
Enjoy a guided Meditative Nature Walk to reconnect with your Soul, and Mother Earth.
Swim and snorkel in the beauty of the island's pristine blue waters. Get carried away with walks and hikes through nature. Explore ancient ruins and temples that pre-date the pyramids.
Explore, the island, explore yourself ... and enjoy all this in the comfort of a small group where your personal needs are given attention, and you are not lost in the crowd.
Be whole. Be healed. Be happy.
That which permeates all, which nothing transcends and which, like the universal space around us, fills everything completely from within and without; that Supreme non dual Brahman, that though art. - Shankaracharya
- Kitchen Meditation, and 'How to Cook and Heal with Spices' are two ancient spiritual practices that are simple, and merge easily into our daily lives.
- You will learn how to hold steady and balanced during your normal working days, rather than waiting to 'escape' to a yoga studio or retreat;
- And you will learn how to partner with Mother Earth and her incredible range of healing plant remedies that are easy AND super tasty to use and enjoy.
Each Day Follows a Similar Rhythm:
* Gentle, dynamic yoga to awaken body and mind in the morning;
* Brunch is intentionally and lovingly prepared and served by Philen, your private ayurvedic chef (on the mornings following the nature walk there is a self-service breakfast.)
* Afternoons are free - relax by the pool, explore the island and its many treasures, or enjoy some additional therapies and treatments. On Day 3 and 6 is the opportunity to join a guided meditative nature walk. This is a real opportunity for 'breakthrough' in your spiritual life, and 'clarity' in your worldly life.
* Evenings alternate between deep, Restorative Yoga sessions, gently led by Jane; OR Meditative cooking sessions, lovingly guided by Philen - where ancient spiritual wisdom is merged in a practical, simple, relevant daily habit, where you take home skills that can be easily and deliciously practised in the midst of a hectic working life.
* We end each evening with a shared, family-style dinner that has been lovingly prepared, and in many instances, where your hands have contributed.
Day 1 we arrive at different times, then meet in the evening for our Welcome Dinner - a lovingly prepared, home-style meal.
Day 4 is your free day, so go out there and be crazy! There is no yoga and no sçupper, but when you wake up, there will be a packed brunch waiting for you in the kitchen!
Day 8 we practice yoga in the morning, followed by brunch, and then we love and let you go.
Venue HighlightsYou live in a private, traditional, stone built farmhouse in the quiet and peaceful countryside of a tiny island in the Mediterranean Sea. It is Peace, Tranquility, and inner Healing ... with zero effort.
The house holds a maximum of 8.
It is spacious, airy, and bright, surrounded by hills and fields, and filled with the music of the birds.
AccommodationsShared twin/triple room downstairs with shared bathroom. Airconditioning not necessary at this time of year.;
1 private/shared double with ensuite shower room;
1 private/shared double deluxe with ensuite showeroom, outdoor sun terrace and gallery.
Retreat is a time to disconnect from the OUTER, to give opportunity to connect with the INNER. For this reason, free and high-speed WiFi is available in the house, but not in the bedrooms; so you may rest and nourish as you deserve.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineYour meals are 100% plant-based, natural, fresh, and locally sourced where possible.
All meals are prepared and served with love and healing by your own private Indian chef, who uses the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda, specialising in the use of Spices, to:
Delight your senses
Cleanse, heal, balance, restore and love your stomach and digestive system
Energize your body for active days
Stabilize your sleeping patterns for nourishing and restful nights
Clarify the mind and settle thoughts, for peaceful emotions
Specific food allergies/intolerances or sensitivities can definitely be catered for, but prior notice must be given. Late notice might incur further costs. Although we always try our best.
DirectionsWe will pick you up from the airport FREE, so don't worry about how to reach us ☺
Just find a flight to Hal Luqa International Airport Malta.
Ryanair and Easyjet are the cheapest and most regular flights.
Air Malta is also useful.