The Work of Byron Katie
- What's included:
- Meditation, inquiry, group and partner work, and music
- Simple, nourishing vegetarian food
- Morning walk
- Countless private sit spots in nature
- Numerous trails through diverse ecosystems across the hills and valleys including forests, meadows and wetlands
- Accommodations (linens provided) in a semi-private or private room or private cabin when booked for Full Inclusive Retreat
- About your facilitator, Leslie Fell's experience with the work:
- I am a certified facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. Called to foster well-being and inner peace, I offer mentoring sessions, retreats and pilgrimages. Although I’ve had the honour to learn and experience numerous transformational processes across the world, it’s been my experience that this practice is the most beneficial to address judgements, projections and stressful thoughts. I warmly invite you to explore this process and test it for yourself.
- “Not only a skilled facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie, Leslie brings to it broad experience in investigating our inner world. When she has facilitated me in The Work, I was able to gently let go of my unconscious motives and touch a deeper truth. It went well beyond release from one particular situation.” - Jennifer D
- Arrival: Friday between 4 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. with Dinner at 6 p.m.
- Departure: Sunday 5 p.m. (option to stay longer for accommodations for self-directed retreat)
- Opportunity for an extra night or two if booked ahead (before and/or after the retreat, although meals are not provided at that time you have access to the full kitchen, living area and library and the many trails throughout the property)
- Delicious vegetarian meals
- Number of participants is limited and on a first come, first serve basis
- When booking for the retreat you are agreeing to the house rules, the financial & cancellation policy and signing a waiver upon arrival (insurance requirement)
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance of 50% is due one month prior to the retreat
- Should the host/facilitator need to cancel for whatever reason you will receive a full refund
ScheduleThere is a full schedule throughout the retreat from a welcome and introduction after our Friday evening meal to various practices and teachings throughout Saturday and Sunday. There will be number of handy handouts for each individual's use. Poetry and music will supplement other practices. At times we'll be in a full circle and we'll be doing various exercise in pairs. Participants are encouraged to be in silence after the Friday night teachings until the 9 a.m. Saturday circle and again at meals Saturday and Saturday night. This is to foster the work to go deeper within each of us. There will be an optional morning meditation walk Sunday morning.
About This Event
“The Work” is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry, inspired by Byron Katie. It identifies and questions stressful thoughts and is a way to work with judgments and/or projections. It also addresses the cause of any challenging thought with clarity. It consists of four questions and the turnarounds.
In this heart-centred, sacred space we will identify and question stressful thoughts and beliefs. This is an immersion retreat into The Work of Byron Katie. Come to identify the thoughts causing you suffering and find your freedom. We’ll learn about and practice of The Work of Byron Katie whilst being held in a nurturing nature retreat space. This retreat is open to people new to The Work and those who are deepening their practice.
Ideal for anyone wanting to: decrease stress; understand the cause of your suffering; improve relationships - deeper connection and intimacy with your partners, parents, children, friends, colleagues and yourself; develop self compassion; become self aware; and increase clarity, energy level and peace
This retreat is taking place in a country retreat centre in nature. It's a safe and intimate space - groups are intentionally small. Your facilitator, Leslie Fell, is a certified facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie.
You are welcome to arrive a day earlier or stay an extra night if booked ahead and if you wish to have more time to unwind before and/or digest after the workshop (must be prearranged if space is available).
Spending time on retreat at the beautiful farmhouse and land was a truly restorative experience. Everything I needed to be comfortable was provided, allowing me to engage fully in the experiences which called my soul. I cannot recommend this place more highly for reflective time away from the demands of modern life, and as a container for deeper contemplation. M.V. January 2018
Venue HighlightsFells Meadows is a tranquil country property of over 100 acres of ecologically diverse land located in the heart of Northumberland County, Ontario. Numerous trails, meditation areas and quaint buildings throughout the property offer opportunities to immerse in nature and rejuvenate the mind, body and soul.
This is a sanctuary where nature thrives and wildlife abounds. It includes:
• Trails throughout the hills, meadows, forests and wetlands
• A tastefully decorated 1860’s renovated six-bedroom farm house
• A 30-foot diameter yurt with pine flooring and propane stove
• Charming cabins with sleeping lofts
• A Chartres Meditation Labyrinth overlooking the valley
We continue to create a holistic vision focused on regeneration and well-being by planting organic gardens, orchards and native vegetation which support soul-stirring retreats and fortify wildlife such as the butterflies, bees and bluebirds. You are warmly welcome to come and experience the magic of Fells Meadows.
AccommodationsThere are four types of accommodation at Fells Meadows: The Farmhouse, Yurt, Haven on the Hilltop and Haven in the Meadow.
This exquisite 1860 renovated farm housed is situated on over 100 acres of ecologically diverse land. It comes with a full amenities kitchen and a spectacular masonry.
The dining area has a large pine harvest table easily accommodating 6 - 12 people. The living area complete with comfortable sofas and chairs has a wood stove and fully operational fireplace.
There are six bedrooms; one on the main floor near the front entrance and five on the second floor. The main floor bedroom has a double bed. The bedrooms on the second floor include: one with a queen bed, one with a double bed, one with a single and double bed, and two bedrooms with two twin beds in each (9 beds in total in the farm house).
New baseboard heating has been put in the bedrooms to ensure people are warm on cold nights. There are air-conditioners in two of the farm house bedrooms. The cabins have windows throughout which offer wonderful cross breezes during the summer and have heat systems for cooler times.
There are two fully equipped bathrooms in the farm house. Additional sleeping is available in the cabins as noted below. There is not plumbing in the cabins. There are upscale outhouses with petal toilets in each outhouse.
The outdoor patio of the farm house has a table, chairs, four picnic tables and BBQ. There is ample room to park vehicles. Bicycles can be stored in the workshop barn.
Our 30-foot diameter yurt has pine floors and is perfect for circles, yoga, Tai chi, dance and the arts. It is situated in the valley about 1/2 km from the farmhouse. A propane stove provides heat in cooler months. We use the yurt during the day for retreat circles.
Haven on the Hilltop:
This enchanting cabin has magnificent views of the hills & valleys of Northumberland. A perfect sanctuary, it has a seating area on the main floor which includes an twin and 1/2 sofa bed. In the loft there is a double mattress. There’s an upscale outhouse near the cabin. Also on this hill overlooking the valley is the stone labyrinth. This cabin is on the first hill approximately a 15 minute walk from the farm house.
Haven in the Meadow:
Haven in the Meadow (available as of late May, 2018) is located on the meadow’s edge nestled in the whispering pines. The main floor includes a double sofa bed and writer’s desk. A queen mattress is in the loft. Nearby there’s an outhouse with a pedal toilet. The cabin is close to the yurt and is approximately a 5 - 10 minute walk from the farm house.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineScrumptious, healthy, home made meals are often part of the group retreats/workshops offered by Fells Meadows. We are committed to doing our best to meet diverse needs (vegetarian or gluten free) when requested. Whenever possible we source organic foods locally, including our own on-site vegetable, fruit and herb gardens. Groups renting accommodations usually provide their own meals. Please inquire if your group would like to book a cook or catering. We’ll do our best to arrange meal services if the cook is available.
DirectionsLocated 1.5 hours east of Toronto, Fells Meadows is easily accessible by car or Via Rail. It is approximately 3 hours west of Ottawa and an 1.5 hours west of Kingston. If driving from Toronto Pearson, take the 401 heading east and take exit #497 at Colborne (look for The Big Apple landmark). At the stop sign, turn left onto Hwy #25 or Percy St and head north towards Castleton. It’s about 10 km to the village of Castleton and when you get to the stop sign/flashing light in the town turn right which onto Spring Rd (County Rd 25 continues). The Farmhouse is approximately a 1 km drive and is located on the right side with mail box #2429 at the end of the drive.
If taking Via Rial, we offer a pick-up and return service for a fee of $75 fee.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...