200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course in Bali
- * The Course: Offers a balanced, quality curriculum designed to transfer knowledge of authentic yogic practices, as well as brand building strategies for success following certification. Our curriculum remains faithful to the traditional yogic texts and practices.
- * The Syllabus Overview: Yogic Cleansing, Asanas, Pranayama, Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga, Therapeutic benefits, Yoga Philosophy + History, Paths of Yogas, Teaching Methodology, Mantras, Chanting, Mudras and Kriyas, Lesson Planning Yoga Nidra and Meditation, Business of Yoga, and best safety practises.
- * The Teachers: Brianna is a 500-Hour certified yoga instructor, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and founder of Well Daily.
- % Mimi is an internationally recognized yoga instructor, podcaster on all things yoga, and owner of Swadhyaya Yoga School. We are dedicated to preparing future yoga teachers of the world for success as yoga instructors.
- * The Facility: Offers a beautiful open-air yoga shala constructed with a Balinese-designed structure, and boasts the most beautiful vistas of the pool and rice fields. The Ark has free WiFi in the common areas, a juice bar, a fully equipped Yoga Shala and pool.
- * The Accommodation: Each room is uniquely designed, chic and comfortable, featuring A/C, full bathrooms with western toilets and hot showers, and daily cleaning services.
- * The Location: The Ark is idyllically situated overlooking expansive and beautiful rice paddies in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. In addition to being close to shopping and eclectic cafes, you will find pleasurable dining experiences (Moksha, Zest!) and grocery stores within walking distance.
- * The Food: We serve fresh, vibrant and local food, prepared by loving hands in the on-site kitchen. Vegetarian meals breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks and tea are all included and will follow the yogic diet.
- * Introduction to Business of Yoga: We will teach you business practices for opening your own yoga studio, creating workshops, becoming a private instructor, creating a business plan and more.
- * The Excursions: Two exciting weekend excursions allow the students to explore the surrounding area with nature walks, local experiences, excursions to temples, rice paddy fields, shopping in Ubud, dinner or lunch in Ubud, cacao ceremonies, ecstatic dance, or whatever inspires you from the options to choose from.
- * The Certification: At the end of the course, you will receive your Yoga Teacher Certification. Our 200-hour course is approved by Yoga Alliance, USA, which you can choose to register with.
- * Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructors from Swadhyaya Yoga School provide lifestyle and business coaching on an ongoing basis (for an added fee) after you have completed your training. You receive support, including assisting opportunities, advanced studies, business consultation/advice and internship/mentor programs.
ScheduleThis basic, immersive, intensive yoga course is intended for those who want to integrate and deepen their yoga practice and live their daily life in consciousness through an impartial and detached observation of their actions. Well Daily offers traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, and Vinyasa yoga during the course.
It is especially dedicated to people who want to start teaching yoga and need appropriate training and certification. However, everyone is welcome. Learning how to teach yoga with them during this 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, in the welcoming nature of Bali, Indonesia, affords the student an intense spiritual connection away from the confusions and busy-ness of the world.
This course combines traditional Indian teaching with immersion in a yogic living, and will also include hands-on workshops and coaching on how to build a conscious brand and business. The 200-hour curriculum establishes the postures for the students, as well as introduces various Sanskrit terms for the asanas to student, without expecting the student to have a high degree of proficiency in their uses.
(Beginner to intermediate instruction). In addition, students are encouraged to understand and utilize Sanskrit terms (in addition to English terms) when referring to each posture. Prerequisite: Some exposure to yoga through public classes or videos, with a minimum of two years of practice. Practice need not be consistent (i.e., one to three days a week). No prior teacher training certificate required.
*Yogic cleansing: Neti (nasal cleanse)
*Asanas: Effects, variations, of different postures
*Pranayama: Basic breathing practices
*Anatomy and physiology of yoga: Therapeutic benefits of asana and pranayama, precautions, and contraindications
*Anatomy and physiology of seven organ systems of the human body
*Yoga philosophy: Introduction to yogic lifestyle in modern times, historical evolution of yoga, paths of yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras
*Teaching methodology for yoga: Demonstration of asanas and their variations. Classification, cueing and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques
*Mantras, chanting, Mudras and Kriyas, lesson planning
*Yoga Nidra and meditation
*Teaching practice: Testing and sharing your teaching skills with your co-teachers
*Career: Business of yoga, communication skills, and safety norms
-Monday to Saturday
*06:00 Wake up
*06:30 - 06:45 Herbal tea
*06:45 - 07:00 Kriya (nasal cleansing)
*07:00 - 09:00 Mantra chanting, pranayama, and asana
*09:00 - 09:30 Breakfast
*09:30 - 10:30 Human anatomy, physiology, and yoga
*10:30 - 10:45 Break
*10:45 - 11:45 Yoga philosophy
*11:45 - 12:15 Lunch
*12:15 - 13:15 Library time/self-study
*13:15 - 14:15 Adjustments
*14:15 - 14:30 Break
*14:30 - 15:30 Methodology/movie/lifestyle
*15:30 - 15:45 Break
*15:45 - 17:45 Traditional yoga asana sequence
*17:45 - 18:45 Meditation/Yoga Nidra
*18:45 - 19:00 Break
*19:00 - 20:00 Dinner
*20:00 - 21:00 Self-study
(Excursions on Sundays - no classes)
About This Event
Take your personal yoga practice to the next level by joining Brianna and Mimi in Bali, Indonesia, for a transformative 200-Hour yoga teacher training course. This 21-day course will be held from November 16th - December 7th, 2019, in Ubud, Bali. Swadhyaya Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance, USA. If you are a yoga practitioner with a steady practice of at least 2 years, who is ready to travel the world, and take your practice to the next level - gaining the ability to share it - then join Brianna and Mimi for this yoga teacher training course and Bali adventure.
"The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in." –B.K.S Iyengar
Venue HighlightsNestled in plush, tropical gardens and surrounded by lovely rice fields, The Ark is a beautiful boutique retreat center. Only a few minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, guests have quick access to Bali’s renowned cultural hub, but will feel far enough from the crowds and traffic to enjoy the magic and essence of rural Bali.
A beautiful property designed to embrace you into the enchanting bounty and bliss of Bali, The Ark’s main purpose is to become a home to gather, connect and inspire others to become their full potential. Each room is uniquely designed, chic and comfortable, featuring A/C, full bathrooms with western toilets and hot showers, and daily cleaning services. We serve fresh, vibrant and local food, prepared by loving hands in the on-site kitchen. Your daily practice will take place in a beautiful open-air yoga shala constructed with a Balinese-designed structure with the most beautiful lush vistas.Vegetarian meals breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks and tea are all included and will follow the yogic diet. The Ark offers its space for empowering and beautiful retreats, soulful gatherings, homestays, nourishing meals, and stillness.
AccommodationsWe provide shared accommodations at The Ark. Each room is uniquely designed, chic and comfortable, featuring A/C, full bathrooms with western toilets and hot showers, and daily cleaning services. For students wishing more privacy, single accommodations are available offsite at a neighbouring resort 5 minutes walking distance.
Private Room at Bali Dream Resort
Ideal for the yoga practitioner who prefers private accommodations, Bali Dream Resort Ubud Deluxe Room offers a tranquil and beautifully maintained property, along with cozy, warm and friendly accommodations.
Amenities: En-Suite bathroom, Free WiFi, A/C, daily housekeeping, mini fridge
Non-Residential (own accommodation)
This option is available for students who already have a place to stay in Bali, Ubud, and want to join our training. Enjoy three daily (contact info blocked) prepared at The Ark.
Amenities: Daily access to The Ark Yoga Shala, pool and WiFi.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineIndonesian food is simply delicious – perfect for our raw vegans, vegans, and vegetarians alike. The cuisine is one of the most colorful in the world, bursting with intense flavor sourced from local, organic farms.
We serve fresh and vibrant food, prepared by loving hands in the on-site kitchen. Vegetarian meals breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks and tea are all included and will follow the yogic diet. Our local chefs were trained by internationally acclaimed Amy Rachelle of Pure Raw, which they combine with knowledge of the variety of regional cuisines that exist.
Fresh pressed vegetable and fruit juices are available daily upon request.
If you have any specific dietary needs, please bring those items with you.
DirectionsArriving to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar) DPS is the best option, and we are happy to assist in arranging transportation at an extra fee. We can also recommend some local booking apps that are very reasonable and reliable for transportation.
Note: The path that The Ark is situated on is accessible by scooter only, so your taxi will have to drop you off at the end of the road and we can arrange for one of our staff members to meet you with a scooter to bring you and your luggage the rest of the way.
Please watch our video on how to find us!
(contact info blocked)80Ue4MdG86A
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...