DRUMMING VOYAGE RETREAT IN CRETE, GREECE!
- -The frame drum is an ancient instrument used by many cultures around the world for both personal and group enjoyment.
- - Workshops include learning about the frame drum, rhythm skills, improvisation, world rhythms, as well as Greek music, dance, and songs!
- - Plus, two cultural field trips, where we will visit ancient Greek temples, theatres, museums and swim at the turquoise watres of Cretan sea!
- - The mornings will start with excercise to energize our bodies, and evenings we will have special offerings (shamanic journeys, dance, singing).
- - Daily free time to enjoy the pool or the beach or the villages or just simply relax!
- - Our retreat center located by the sea, provides delicious organic mediterranean cuisine.
- - Closing concert, ceremony and celebration!
Schedule- Sunday 1st of September arrival since 16.00 - our first gathering dinner at 18.30/ Opening ceremony
- Monday: morning yoga/ breakfast/ drumming class/ lunch/ free time/ evening class (shamanic journey)/ dinner
- Tuesday: morning yoga/ breakfast/ drumming class/ lunch/ free time/ evening class (drum n singing)/ dinner with live Cretan music
- Wednesday: early breakfast/ Full day trip to Rethymno Eleutherna ancient city and lake Kournas drumming-swimming-relaxing (lunch at the lake - dinner back to the hotel)
- Thursday: morning yoga/ breakfast/ drumming class/ lunch/ free time/ evening class (drum n dancing)/ dinner
- Friday: early breakfast/ half day trip to ancient Aptera sight and cave drumming/ free evening at Chania old city (lunch and dinner out)
- Saturday: morning yoga/ breakfast/ drumming class/ free time/ evening class (drum-sing-dance)/ dinner and closing jam concert
- Sunday: early breakfast/ last drumming class (questions-sharing-closing)/ goodbuye lunch
About This Event
8 Days of Inspiring Music & Cultural delights!!!
Join Frame Drum Specialist - Marla Leigh and Poliana - Ritual Healing Arts, for 8 luxurious music-filled days immersed in drumming, Greek culture, music and magic by the Cretan Mediterranean Sea!
Such an amazing opportunity to combine:
~ Learning an beautiful instrument like the frame drum (for all levels!)
~ Experience Cretan culture, temples, rituals and arts!
~ Enjoy holidays in Greece by the ocean and nature!
“We can change the world, one rhythm at a time” ~ Marla Leigh “I consider Marla to be the one of the very top percussion performers in the US of today. She is well known in the percussion community for her performance virtuosity and artful skill with hand drums” “ –Glen Velez, 4 Time Grammy Winning Percussionist, Marla’s teacher “Marla is world -renowned and has taught students worldwide through workshops, retreats and also through SKYPE. A talented artist, she is anchored in beauty, love, and devotion! I highly recommend her.” Christine Stevens, author, Music Medicine, The Healing Drum Kit
Venue Highlights~ Our beautiful retreat centre is located just by the ocean (has a small private beach 10 min down the hill!!)
The view is amazing!!!
~ Is only 30 min far from Chania international airport!
~ The owners are the sweetest couple, so generous and taking good care of every one!
~ Has a pool, great local organic food and a nice chilling area!
Where personal growth is encouraged to emerge, Orizon Center for Life & Creation is a response to the Cretan community's desire to explore ancient traditions, natural healing, integrated movement, music & art therapy, biological nutrition, quantum physics, personal alchemy and sustainable holistic living. We serve all faiths and traditions with the understanding we are here to share and learn from each other.
Orizon Center for Life & Creation is host home for many great teachers and practitioners of healing and expressive arts and sciences. Our space by the sea offers diverse workshops and seminars to support and explore the human experience, including: meditation, prayer, dance/art/music therapy, massage, yoga, tai chi, hiking in nature, energy healing, intuition development, creative writing, theatrical improvisation, singing and more.
You are more than welcome to join our beautiful space and community!
AccommodationsBeautiful and clean traditional Greek style apartments!
Room options are the following:
1) Single room private bath
2) Single room shared bath
3) Shared double room and private bath
4) Shared double room & shared bath
All apartments have The apartments are fully furnished and include:
- beds with cocomat mattresses
- towels and bed linens
- private bathroom with shower
- kitchen with refrigerator, cooking appliance, dishes
- a private balcony with view of Souda Bay
- free wi-fi internet
- pool access
- free parking
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineMeals are all organic local food and can be arranged according to participants preferences (gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, pesceterian, etc)
The airport to fly into is Chania International Airport (Ioannis Daskalogiannis) with code CHQ
GETTING TO YOUR HOTEL & RETREAT CENTER
From the airport, at the exit, you can easily find or call a taxi/shuttle, or we can call it for you to pick you up. (20-30 minutes to the retreat center, cost 30 euro the lift!)