10-Day Journey to the Birthplace of the Buddha & Jungle Safari
- We guide daily introductory sessions in meditation practice and Buddhist philosophy. We explore the living wisdom tradition of Nepal, as we visit sacred sites in the Kathmandu Valley and in Lumbini, birthplace of the Buddha.
- At the Tharu lodge near the Chitwan jungle we are able to explore the amazing wildlife in the vicinity and in the nearby jungle and go for walks with the elephants into the jungle.
ScheduleDAY 1 – ARRIVAL & STAY AT A TIBETAN BUDDHIST MONESTARY IN PHARPING, KATHMANDU VALLEY
DAY 2 – STAY AT A TIBETAN BUDDHIST MONASTERY
DAY 3 – WE FLY TO LUMBINI
DAY 4 – PILGRIMAGE TO THE BIRTHPLACE OF THE BUDDHA, LUMBINI
DAY 5 – WE JOURNEY TO THE THARU LODGE IN CHITWAN
DAY 6 & 7 – STAY AT THE THARU LODGE
DAY 8 – WE RETURN TO KATHMANDU, OVERNIGHT IN BOUDHA
DAY 9 – WE SPEND THE DAY IN BOUDHA, EVENING AT THE SWAYAMBHU STUPA
DAY 10 – DEPARTURE
About This Event
With this journey we spend the first days in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal, exploring the Pharping Valley and its many sacred sites. We stay at beautifully located Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Pharping and receive daily guided meditation sessions and introduction to Buddhist philosophy. From here we journey southward to the birthplace of the Buddha in Lumbini, near the border between India and Nepal. We pilgrimage in Lumbini for a few days, visiting the Buddha’s birthplace and the sacred sites of the area. We then journey 2-3 hours by road to a beautiful lodge near the Chitwan jungle. Here we can rest, swim in the pool, enjoy the amazing wildlife in the vicinity and the jungle surrounding us and go for walks with the elephants into the jungle. If we are lucky we will be able to spot rhinos, tigers, wild deer, birds and other wildlife. Upon our return to Kathmandu on day 8 & 9 we will stay in Boudha and visit both Boudha Stupa, as well as Swayambhu Stupa
- All accommodation, meals & transport in Nepal
- Experienced guides & instructors
- Flight from Kathmandu to Bharatpur (Lumbini) and jeep ride from Chitwan to Kathmandu
- Jungle Safari & elephant walks while in the jungle
- Healthy, vegetarian meals
- Daily Dharma talks & introduction to meditation
- Notebook for journaling during the pilgrimage
What's Not IncludedInternational flight ticket to Nepal
Personal insurance during the pilgrimage
Personal visa to Nepal (25 USD for 15 days / 30 USD for 30 days to be purchased upon arrival)
Any alcoholic beverage during the pilgrimage
Tip to local guide and porters
Venue HighlightsWe are able to enjoy the beauty of both Kathmandu Valley where we stay at a beautifully located Tibetan Buddhist monastery, as well as Lumbini, birthplace of the Buddha as we enjoy the amazing wildlife in the Chitwan jungle of Southern Nepal.
AccommodationsWe stay at a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, host to some 100 monks located on a hill overlooking the entire Kathmandu Valley. This gives us an incredible opportunity to witness Buddhist monks in their daily lives in the monastery. In Lumbini we will stay near to the main sacred sites, including the Buddha's birthplace. During our stay at the Tharu lodge we stay near to the Chitwan jungle. Here we can rest, swim in the pool, enjoy the amazing wildlife in the vicinity and the jungle surrounding us and go for walks with the elephants into the jungle.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Gluten Free