About This Event
Sole Yoga Holidays is overjoyed to return to our very special luxury Zanzibar, Tanzania Yoga and Wellness Holiday, January 12-18, 2020. This slice of blue heaven is the ultimate & exotic Indian Ocean yoga and wellness experience, with its fascinating historical Stone Town and magnificent beaches. Zanzibar is located about 25 miles/40 km from the Tanzanian coast.
It is characterised by beautiful white sandy beaches with fringing coral reefs, and the magic of the historic and famous Stone Town. It is a retreat unlike any other filled with beauty everywhere you look!
“The Zanzibar retreat is one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life." ~ Kelsey D.
- YOGA + ACTIVITIES
- Twice per day we will practice yoga by the beautiful pool with the sounds of only the Indian Ocean and sweet birds to accompany us! Your host, Shari will guide you through a vinyasa flow and during the week we will include a yin and restorative session. As always, Shari will listen to what the group needs and adjust accordingly for the best yoga experience!
- There are 2 incredible excursions on our special retreat:
- STONE TOWN TOUR: The Stone Town tour is a unique opportunity to learn about the soul of Zanzibar. We will explore the famous doors and learn about the history of this fascinating town, It will be our time to shop for incredible items from artwork to spices to gorgeous fabrics. And we will get a fabric (of our choosing) and then our private tailor will create one outfit that you create! How fantastic is that?
- SEA SAFARI: We will take a gorgeous, semi-private wooden boat where we cross a seascape dotted with small atolls, uninhabited islands and white sandbanks. We will then dock at a small island where under a gorgeous canopy we will enjoy a lunch of the freshest grilled fish, shellfish and fruit. Along the way, we will stop at famous Prison Island to learn a bit about its history and visit (and feed!) the tortoises (some almost 200 years old). It is an unforgettable experience.
8.00: Tea, Coffee, Juice
8.30-10.00: Vinyasa Flow
10.15-5.00pm: Free Time (beach, excursions, relax, massages)
4.00pm: Tea Service + Snack
5.30-7.00pm: Vinyasa Flow or Yin/Restorative
7.30pm: Dinner (Seafood, Vegetarian, Fresh/Local)
- • 6 nights Accommodations at our private ocean-front villa in Jambiani Beach
- • 2x Daily Vinyasa Power Yoga/Yin or Restorative (75-90 mins)
- • Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- • Daily Dinner (no alcohol included. option to purchase on own)
- • Daily Afternoon Tea Service
- • One Seafood lunch on our Safari boat excursion
- • Sea Safari Boat Tour
- • Private Stone Town Tour (Fabric purchase)
- • Fabric + 1 Custom-made Outfit/ Item (pants, dress, robe, pillows, etc)
- • Pool, Private Beach Area
- • Sun Beds
- • Transport to/from excursions
- • Airport transfer to/from Zanzibar Airport or Ferry** (specific times ONLY)
What's Not IncludedNot Included: airfare, additional transportation, alcoholic beverages, lunches, gratuities for boat captain, Stone Town tour guide, staff at villa
Venue HighlightsOur retreat takes place at a gorgeous and private villa, which sits at the edge of Jambiani, a village along the east coast of the island of Zanzibar. The modern style and the Swahili style are elegantly combined, both in the structure and in the furnishings. The property consists of three separate buildings, connected by quiet patios and serene living spaces, all surrounded by a lush tropical garden and happy, singing birds. Relax in full luxury under a grass Swahili pavilion while listening to the Indian ocean. The villa will be just ours for the week and there will be plenty of gorgeous areas to relax, unwind and recharge in this magnificent slice of paradise. The rooms are decorated in gorgeous style with local inspiration at every corner.
All of the luxury amenities you will need for your special week are included such as wifi, luxurious linens and towels, air conditioning, fans and divine en-suite baths. Plus, colorful pareos for after swimming in the pool.
AccommodationsEach gorgeous suite is decorated in traditional Swahili and modern design.
Large beds with hand-made linens
Large bath and shower
Locally made, colorful robes in each room
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineA delicious and hearty breakfast is included daily at our wonderful location. Fresh fruits such as local mangos, pineapple and passion fruit, plus juices, eggs, local breads and heavenly sweets are all part of our daily post-yoga meal. You can choose to eat inside in the special dining room or take your yummy meal outside on the patio or by the pool. Daily dinners are included as part of the package.You will be captured by the flavours, colours and scents from the kitchen, a heavenly blend of Swahili and Western recipes with touches of Italian. Vegetarian options and non-vegetarian dishes such as fresh fish are on the menu each evening.
An afternoon tea and special snack is also included as part of our package. We will sit poolside with fruit, coffee, tea and freshly baked sweets to refresh and relax before our afternoon yoga session.
Transportation pick-up/drop off from Zanzibar Airport (ZNZ) or Ferry dock included, day of/departure dates only. Times will be sent upon majority of sign-ups. Other options will be provided outside of pick-up and extra fees may apply.