Sacred Weaving of Womanhood Plant Medicine Retreat
- * 2 sacred plant ceremonies
- * 1 Rape ceremony with Mama Jairzagua & Don Florentino
- * Healing and consultation circles with female shaman Jairzagua of the Muisca tribe in Colombia. Jairzagua will also introduce us into the art of traditional, sacred crochet weaving and/or jewelery weaving (beadwork) in an ongoing workshop. She will share her ocean of wisdom and experience with us in stories, lectures and healing sessions.
- * Tobacco healings and consultations with tobacco shaman Don Florentino
- * Meditation, Sound Bowl Healing and Aromatherapy
- * Introduction to different plant medicines and their traditional uses
- * Healing our relationship with our parents and our inner child
- * Building a strong connection to mother earth and nature
- * Workshop on creating an altar with Yara
- * We will learn valuable tools that we can apply in our life afterwards
- * Daily yoga and healthy food
- * Fun time, sun, green mountains, ocean breeze, peace and recreation time – massages and Reiki sessions available at all times….
Schedule7:15- 8:15 am – Morning Flow (yoga)
8:15 am- 9:30 am - Breakfast
9:30-12:00 pm - Talk about plants to use to support moontime and menopause & weaving workshop.
12:00 pm-1:30 pm - Light Lunch (1st ceremony night)
2:00 - 5pm - Pre-Consultations
Rest and Relaxation before 1st Sacred Ceremony
7:00 pm - 1st Sacred Ancestral Plant Medicine Ceremony
8:00 am- 9:30 am - Breakfast after ceremony
12:00-1:00 pm Light Lunch (2nd ceremony night)
1:15 - 2.15pm - Weaving of Womanhood Workshop
2.30pm - (contact info blocked) - Crystal Sound Bowl Healing
3.30 pm – 7:00 pm - Rest and Relax - Preparation for 2nd Ceremony
7:00 pm -2nd Sacred Ancestral Plant Medicine Ceremony
About This Event
Mama Jairzagua says:
"Women are enigmatic, magical and misunderstood, by themselves.
We lost ourselves throughout history and we disconnected ourselves from the memory of the great Mother, from the great cosmic uterus. We divided ourselves, we separated ourselves from our power and forgot our true medicine.
A woman who becomes truly aware of her cycle and of its own energies also learns to feel a quality of life that goes beyond the palpable. She maintains an intuitive link with the energies of life, birth and death and feels divinity within the earth and within herself.
It is this path that I want to share with all my sisters to heal our maternal lineage, healing ourselves, connecting us with creation and awakening our natural magic. It is the sharing, the path traveled, returning the teaching to my grandmothers of my lineage and to my grandmothers of the community.
With deep love, admiration and respect
my life will be forever changed for the better, so much love, gratitude, compassion and forgiveness for myself and others has come to me...
- Beautiful Accommodations at Rayos Del Sol with Air Conditions, 13% hotel tax
- Two Transformational Sacred Plant Ceremonies (yage/ayahuasca) with Grandmother and Medicine Woman Jairzagua and Tobacco Shaman Don Florentino
- One-on-one Consultations before and after ceremonies
- Shamanic Teachings
- Sacred Weaving Womanhood workshops (traditional beadwork and Mochila-crochet weaving, awareness & healing practices, teachings on plants, moontime and menopause, and much more..)
- Altars & earth altar creating workshop Mindful Living Practices and Integration
- A few Surprises to be disclosed later
- Daily Yoga and/or meditation
- Fire Ceremonies
- Three Organic Meals Daily
What's Not IncludedTransportation to and from Liberia Airport
10% Gratuities (optional)
Tobacco reading and consultation (includes a healing if nessecary) - $30
Massages and Reiki sessions
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
DirectionsRayos del Sol, Costa Rica - closest airport Liberia
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Freya SarahJane Borean August 08, 2018
To the dear ones reading this message, I speak to you from my full and honest heart. The experiences I have had with Jairsagua learning the sacred rythems of weaving and sitting in ceremony have truly altered the way I can be with myself, and in turn how I communicate that to the outside world. The insights that I received durning ceremony have time and time again come up in my daily life and, with the memory of those sacred visions I am able to live deeper in my truth and understanding of the natural world. I carry so near to my heart the hours that this dear elder spent teaching me the ancient and divine act of weaving. Every moment she spoke with stories or teachings had my entire beings attention. I feel blessed to have shared space with such a beautiful teacher (and the woman who fly under her wings) I would truly recommend this to other sisters! With love and gratitude, Freya.
Carolina Chavarria Pozuelo August 05, 2018
The healing opportunities offered by the Weaving of Womanhood retreat are a blessing. Taita Juan is one of the sweetest and most powerful beings, it’s just so nice to learn from him, participating in his ceremonies is a huge blessing. Weaving with the abuela Jairsa is beautiful! It’s not just weaving, she explains were the weaving tradition comes from and how it is used for praying and connecting. Tobacco Shaman don Florito is so gentle and wise. All the team is so sweet and ready to assist in our healing. Let’s not even talk about the beautiful venue...
Svetlana Bego August 03, 2018
Donna and I have been best friends for 20 years. Needless to say that when she embarked on this journey I was very very skeptical. I wanted to see results first hand before getting convinced to do anything about emotional problems that plagued me. I watched her for about three years and seeing the amazing impact this process had on body and spirit was finally enough for me to wake up and join the party. The journey for me has been utterly transforming. After years of physical and mental abuse I have experienced at the hands of a partner I was left with beyond crippling anxiety and self doubt, that I self medicated with wine. Through this process with the help of my best friend Donna and Taita Juanito I was able to rebuild myself whole and truly start living my life to the fullest at 43. Gone are the wine, anxiety and self doubt and a slew of other emotional issues we’ve unearthed during this process. Once I have changed my life went through a major upgrade. This whole thing was a gift from God. I highly recommend Donna and her women’s retreat to anyone suffering from various ailments. My journey has been magic.
Angela Brazeal August 02, 2018
With the gentle patience of someone who knows, Donna and her team led us into and through a process that taught us about love and community and the love of self through community. With their guidance we built strong bonds that will last. The week was an amazing experience into the feminine. I will look forward to the next time.
Damini Beth Alspaugh August 02, 2018
I joined Donna on the Weaving of Womanhood retreat this past January. I had such a beautiful, transformational experience there and would highly recommend it. Donna and the other leaders held space for all of the women in a way that made it feel like we really were all sisters. I would suggest this retreat if you are seeking to know yourself better, want give yourself some self care and time for introspection, and feel the call to be in supportive sisterhood. We treated our bodies well with delicious healthy food, swims in the pool, yoga, and walks to the beach. The ceremonies and teachings we received were transformative for me and helped me get clear on my path in life. I left Costa Rica with a more hopeful outlook on life, and a feeling of support that still continues. I still check in with Donna and the other women, and I will attend this retreat again in the future.