- SpringField Castle County Limerick Ireland
- 463 Walnut Drive, Amherstburg, ON, Canada
- Sep 28 - Oct 4, 2019 (7 days)
About This Event
Yoga and self awareness retreat in the Wild West Coast Heart of Ancient Ireland.
While staying in the luxury of an Irish traditional castle you will be immersed in the natural beauty and historic culture of Ireland. Along with daily yoga practice led by a very experienced Yoga instruction you will participate in transformational workshops and nature excursions which will bring you deeper into your authentic self. As you stretch you body you will also expand your mind and grow your inner (contact info blocked)
"Answering The Call" Yoga Retreat will be held at the lovely Springfield Castle in the County of Limerick. Along with daily yoga practice, we are going to visit the cliffs of Moher, Burren National Park, and Limerick City. I am excited to announce I will be collaborating with Nadia Ramoutar who will host several workshops and join us for site seeing and yoga
- In answering enchanting call of our highest selves.
- As we escape to the ancient beauty of the Atlantic west Coast of Ireland, we will see the patterns of nature, culture and art around us. We see that within ourselves there is a natural pattern and beauty also. Because of social conditioning, it’s easy to have the thread of our being threaded by toxic threads. This can be limiting ideas, behaviors, relationships or habits. We will take a gentle look at what we have come here to release.
- Through kind eyes, we see the luxury of being our authentic self. We select the vibrant threads we want in our story going forward as we let the ones that no longer serve us fall away. Through the process of conversation, interaction, art journal entries and self awareness, we will find a path for our new voice. We embrace our freedom to explore and release our true self into the enchanting wilds.
- A hike is planned on the Burren please wear appropriate shoes. Time to be confirmed.
- This is a day of reflection as we visit the Burren .
- Ireland is so much more than 40 shades of green – and nowhere are its many hues more celebrated than in County Clare’s limestone paradise on the Wild Atlantic Way .
- What first hits you is the silence. It’s a silence as layered as the undulating landscape itself, filled with the riches of Irish history; of eons of stories, told and untold. All around you is pale grey stone ribbed with crags and crevices; miniature cliffs spread like mosaics as far as the horizon, and a microcosm of Ireland’s wildlife thrives.
- If we are unfortunate enough, Shane will be our guide. An angry Limerick man who is upset by the loss of Irish women to America. Shane has lived his entire life on the Burren under the shadow of the Mourne mountains. His extensive study of the Burren wildlife and landscape brings great passion and knowledge to his guided walks. That is the reason and the only one, why I put up with his nonsense.
- We will take a Spiritual walk that will bring us to a Holy Well.
- The custom is to leave your worries at the well. Marie is a gentle soul bringing the work of John O’Donahue to life with a reading of his poem Beanacht. (Irish Blessing)
- John O'Donohue was the author of “Anam Cara” meaning friend of the soul in Irish.
ScheduleNadia and Caroline.Two Irish women with the love of this land in common.Among many other things.Both bring to the table ,how they discovered to live their life with ease and peace.
Morning yoga followed by Brunch.
Afternoon workshops or walks on the two hundred acres that is Springfield castle estate
Evening dinner served in a dining room fit for a queen.
- 7 Nights accommodation.
- All meals.
- Daily Yoga
- Workshop - releasing the toxic threads that bind us.By Dr Nadia Ramotour.
- Site visits to places of history and stories.
What's Not IncludedFlights
Venue HighlightsSpringfield Castle is the ancestral home of Lord and Lady Muskerry. The castle is situated in the heart of County Limerick on a magical 200 acre wooded estate and is approached along a magnificent three quarter mile long avenue, lined with ancient lime trees. An ideal vacation place for you, your family and friends. A place to unwind and relax whilst on your luxury Irish castle stay.Listed by the Irish times in Top ten castles in Ireland.
Practice yoga in a fifteenth century tower.As the light shines through antique stained glass windows.
AccommodationsTower Room 3
The third floor room has a rich mahogany 4 poster bed and wardrobe and has a shower room with a vast walk in rain shower. The tower windows frame views to the woodland and courtyards. The room is light and airy with skylights in the ceiling.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineOur food philosophy at Springfield is simple, we only use fresh, local seasonal produce. We use the seasons as our guide for the dishes we create. We grow as much of our own produce as possible in the walled kitchen gardens and the farm is a working deer farm meaning we have fresh organic venison available on request. Whatever we don’t grow or produce is sourced locally.
. While the food is locally sourced the inspiration for our cooking comes from around the world with family diaspora bringing home dishes from across the world. We have a wide range of options,from Argentinian Asados, Peruvian style ceviche, Italian fire cooked pizza, Indian curries, Spanish tapas, South African barbecues to traditional Irish meals.
Daniel and Ali the chefs and gardeners run the walled garden and grow lots of fresh fruit and vegetables year round from which they create beautiful and tasty mouth watering meals, preserves, pickles, fermented foods and sauces. There are a number of different styles of meals that you can avail of while at Springfield ranging from drop off to formal sit downs, tapa’s nights and a fun filled evening served from a food truck. What best reflects the food mood at Springfield is the Green room and food truck, a unique,intimate and fun space for casual eating with a festive feel for all occasions with friends and family.
Directionsflights into Dublin daily from most major cities in North America.
Shannon Airport has a limited seasonal schedule .