7 Days Back To Nature Well-Being Meditation and Yoga Retreat: Equinox and New Moon Getaway in Portugal
- Quinta da Tartaruga
- Quinta da Tartaruga, 6270-174 Sandomil, Portugal
- Sep 23 - 29, 2019 (7 days)
About This Event
Equinox and New Moon Getaway Well-Being Meditation and Yoga Retreat Portugal
This getaway retreat will bring together couples and/or friends at Quinta da Tartaruga on the mythical land of Sera de Estrela, Sandomil, Central Portugal. You will run on turtle time "Slow and Steady Wins the Race”, which sounds just about the right pace for an unforgettable getaway well-being retreat. The purpose of this retreat is to inspire each other to access unconscious feelings as a core condition of change. This is your chance to “bear gifts to the feast” of life by eating healthy, playing joyfully, and perfecting your yoga practice while stirring your own creativity.
"Incredible people, incredible food, incredible holiday. We had a lovely time with Vasco and Sunitha"
- 1 Welcome dinner
- 5 yoga workshops
- 5 hours Karma yoga
- 5 meditation sessions
- 5 creative and expressive workshops
- Daily meals (breakfast and dinners
- 10 juices, herbal teas, and water bottles
- 6 nights of accommodation
- Included excursions
- Sandomil Fluvial Beach and Picnic Area at 200 meters: walking distance, swimming, sunbathing, cooking, toilet, bar and restaurant, and day and night events
- Many fluvial beaches at walking distance and many other by car or other means of transport
- Coffee bars
- Sandomil historical walks
Schedule06:00 - 06:30 Meditation time (yoga Nidra / Vipassana / chakra healing)
06:30 - 07:00 Herbal tea time
07:00 - 08:15 Yoga asanas time
08:15 - 08:30 Me time (suggested to observe silence)
08:45 - 09:30 Breakfast time
09:30 - 10:30 Karma yoga time (be of service by helping with Quinta da Tartaruga)
10:30 - 15:00 Me time / couple time / group time (at leisure discover Serra de Estrela)
15:30 - 16:00 Tea time (group interaction)
16:00 - 18:00 Play time (creative and expressive workshops)
18:15 - 20:15 Dinner time (you prepare food together 'Participatory and Sensory Activity’)
20:30 - 21:30 Inner child time (social event and gathering)
22:30 Nidra yoga and sleep time
- Daily meditation
- Daily meditation (06:00 - 06:30) includes:
- Nidra yoga / Vipassana meditation / mindfulness meditation / chakras guided imagery
- Chakra integration work
- Daily Integral and integrative yoga (07:00-08:00)
- The yoga sessions are designed as workshops rather than class format. The main yoga teacher, VeeraVasco Siddharta, has trained in various yoga styles and has also worked as a yoga therapist so please utilize him as best as you can. Globetrotters Retreats may also have yoga teachers from Portugal just for the day and some loving local yogini and yogis sharing their knowledge. Let’s hope. Sample of typical yoga practice: Pawanamuktasan, Hatha, Sivananda, Astanga, Flow, Tantric, Restorative, and much more.
- Daily creative and expressive workshop (16:00-18:00)
- The workshops are based on the principle of “low skills and high sensitivity”, so they are designed for you to unleash the creative you and play with performing and artistic modalities without specific artistic skills.
- Daily participatory and sensory dinner where you prepare and consume food together (19:00-20:30)
- You will be preparing wholesome delicious dinners together. Don’t worry. Sunitha, a food lover, and connoisseur will be facilitating the process of preparing exotic meals. As a sampler of ‘quite a mouthful’ dishes: Moroccan couscous, Indian curries, Portuguese Caldo Verde, Israeli Shakshouka, and Italian grandma’s secret dishes.
- Daily social event and gathering (20:30-22:00)
- These fun gatherings are designed for you to celebrate, enjoy, and have lots of loving fun. Please note that you may have some local friends (Tantric teachers, yogis, yoginis, artists, and musicians) who may surprise you with their visits and bless you with their healing and loving presence.
- Daily social event and gathering
- Evening 1: Equinox celebration night
- Evening 2: Share a tale night (let’s share a tale around a fire)
- Evening 3: Performance night (share your talent, read a poem, sing a song, or etc.)
- Evening 4: Sound healing night (surprise everyone with a sound - anything can be used)
- Evening 5: Sensual night (dress to awaken the senses and unleash your sensuous being)
- Evening 6: New Moon celebration night / owl howling night / wolf howling night (let’s connect to the owl’s night howling as a symbol of wisdom and femininity (creative and fertility), which invokes the magic, mystery, and ancient knowledge within the moon's cycles of renewal. Let’s connect to the wolf’s night howling as a symbol of loyalty, diplomacy, self-confidence, and invokes balance between harmony and discipline, freedom and community, and instinct and intelligence. Wolves go out of their way to avoid conflict and serve as spiritual mediators.
- NB: During breakfast, it is encouraged for people to interact with each other and organize a group activity such as hiking, swimming, sightseeing, and other outdoor activities. However, you can enjoy on your own if you prefer.
What's Not Includedairfare (to Lisbon or Porto or Algarve)
lunch (please use common kitchen to prepare your lunch)
yoga mats (we can provide for you at an extra cost)
sleeping bags (we can provide for you at an extra cost)
You will be welcomed in a truly spectacular and back to nature camp-base, Quinta da Tartaruga (Turtle’s Farm) surrounded by forests, mountains, and many water sources. Quinta da Tartaruga is situated in the village of Sandomil nestled amidst the awe-inspiring Serra de Estrela Mountains, one of the most enchanting highlights of Central Portugal.
More about the location
Sandomil is a lovely village situated in the Central Region of the country, in the immense Estrela Mountain Range, where the wonderful river Alva runs through, providing to this village an idyllic landscape.
Sandomil’s rural landscape is the greatest highlight of the region, with watermills right in the bank of the river, and the superb Fluvial Beach with crystalline waters. Throughout its peaceful mountainside streets, there are other highlights like the Roman Bridge, the previous building of the Town Hall, nowadays transformed into a Manor House, the Mother Church with its curious inclined tower, the granite São Sebastião Chapel and the one of São Baptista.
Sightseeing and other leisurely activities to be enjoyed in the village of Sandomil
Admire the village in the backdrop of antique watermills, sunbath in its sandy fluvial beaches, bathe and rejuvenate in the crystalline waters of the river Alva, enjoy Sandomil’s cultural, historical and culinary heritage. Take leisurely walks on its cobble stoned side streets converging into ancient Roman bridges, marvel at the Manor House, the Mother Church with its curious inclined tower, and the granite São Sebastião Chapel.
Sandomil conserves many old traditions from remote times and provides the perfect scenery for the practice of ancient and mystical science of yoga discipline, creative and expressive modalities, culinary discoveries and fun social gatherings.
AccommodationsAccommodations are tent based
Bring your own tent (15% discount on the total price of retreat per tent - please inquire for this option)
Private wooden cabin for one person
Private twin tent for two persons
Private double tent for two persons
Shared twin tent for two persons
Private four persons tent (for a group of friends)
Shared four-person tent (sharing with other Globetrotters/retreaters)
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
Cooking is like love, it should be entered wholeheartedly or not at all. Your teacher, facilitator, and food connoisseur Sunitha will bring this favorite philosophy to all the meals that will be offered at the retreat.
Breakfast: you are welcome to volunteer in the preparation of food for breakfast and learn some of the secret recipes to take back home.
Lunch is not provided but you are welcome to use the communal kitchen to prepare your meals or try the local food in one of the local restaurants.
While you are welcome to volunteer in the preparation of food for breakfast, you are asked to participate in the preparation of dinners as part of your daily activities. You will be preparing wholesome delicious dinners together with the help of Sunitha, a food lover, and connoisseur who will be facilitating the process of preparing these exotic meals.
Participatory dinners enhance your sensory and social skills, providing the appropriate time for the group to gather and prepare meals together, creating a feeling of community and bonding. Last but not least, it will give you an opportunity to learn some of the secret recipes to take back home.
Breakfasts and dinners will be prepared sourcing, whenever possible, local and organic food. Special dietary requests can be accommodated. All meals will be vegetarian and you are asked to restrain from bringing any meat to the retreat.
Drinks: Herbal teas, juices, and water will be also offered at specific times.
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Other dietary requirements on request
Francisco de Sá Carneiro Airport
Transfer not provided
Lisbon Portela Airport
Transfer not provided
Here are various ways to get there, however, please inquire for more detailed directions
By your own car from Lisbon, approximately three hours
By your own car from Porto, approximately two hours
Trains and buses are also available from Porto, Lisboa, Coimbra, and other main towns
The closest train station is Carragal Do Sal
Main bus terminals: Oliveira Do hospital, Tabua, and Seia
Taxis from the bus terminal in Oliveira Do hospital, Tabua, and Seia are quite affordable
You can also arrange for pick up from Olivera, Tabua, and Seia (for an extra affordable cost)