About This Event
Join us for a chance to Relax & Rechage by the Atlantic Ocean on the shores of Portugal and surrounded by breathtaking nature.
Our retreat offers a full programme, featuring Mindfulness Meditation, Stand Up Paddle surf & twice daily Pilates classes designed to improve your strength & flexibility and enhance your body awareness.
Come stay with us in the heart of Arrábida’s Natural Park where it's possible to feel the mountains and the sea in perfect symbiosis. The whole area stimulates the creative freedom of imagination and the contemplation of nature with the spectacular colors of the sunrise and the sunset by the sea.
This is the best environment for a few days dedicated to Recharge yourself. Guided hikes on the Atlantic coast, eco accommodation, and organic homemade food will nourish your body and soul providing you with a deep sense of tranquillity, vitality, and wellbeing.
- Come for 5 days and 4 nights of pilates mindful movement, Stand up paddle Surf and meditation.
- We'll be nestled within nature, by the Atlantic Ocean on the shores of Portugal.
- Just 40 minutes away from Lisbon, in an area of stunning beauty which invites us to observe the fauna and flora as well as the region's history and culture.
- Let’s get all curious again about conscious movement, slow conversations and sunsets on the beach.
- Type and level of classes
- The sessions are suitable for all levels, we love mixed groups where to give options to each person according to their abilities and needs. Whether you have a lot, little or no experience in Pilates, our goal is to find an efficient, challenging and rewarding way to move for each and every one.
- There is a Pilates for all, and you will have 2 teachers taking care of everybody’s needs.
- The classes are Pilates Mat and, sometimes, we will use some props (elastic bands, balls, etc.). We practice and teach a Pilates modality that qualifies as contemporary, based on the work of Joseph H. Pilates, but modernising and adapting the exercises so that they adapt to modern research and with a great influence of physiotherapy and biomechanics.
ScheduleOn the day of arrival and departure, there will be adjusted schedules.
The schedule might have some slight adjustments from day to day depending on our activities, however we intend to keep this general itinerary.
A typical day would be like this:
Morning guided meditation & pilates practice
Nourishing seasonal Breakfast
Stand up paddle surf (2 mornings)
Nourishing seasonal Lunch
Time to relax, enjoy the house, its facilities and its natural surroundings, ocean dipping and mild hikes
Evening Pilates practice
Soulful vegetarian evening meal
- 4 Nights in a beautiful & serene accommodation in relaxing green nature
- 3 daily Vegetarian or Vegan delicious, healthy meals cooked by our in house chef
- Coffee, tea, herbal teas and seasonal fruit available all day long everyday of your stay
- 2 Daily Pilates classes (90 minutes long)
- Mats and all other equipment and props needed for practice
- Daily meditation sessions to deepen the relaxation and inner connection
- 2 Stand Up Paddle Surf sessions
- Amazing surroundings and pool
- Guided hikes in Portugal's stunning Arrábida's region
- Internet (the house has WiFi, but we invite to have a holiday from it and instead bring a good book!)
What's Not IncludedTransport to the location
Massages (they have and added cost and we recommend to book in advance)
Venue HighlightsCasa do Páteo is a Portuguese Country House with 10.000 m2 of land, surrounded by a pine forest and a beautiful garden completely in tune with Mother Nature.
The house has a sunbathing patio with an outdoor pool where we can enjoy the silence, a good book, the company of friends, the shade of the fruit trees and the fresh fruits of the season.
Most of our Pilates practice will take place every morning and evening at the “Dome Studio”, a purpose built geodesic dome raised on wooden pillars above the ground, nestled in between the trees and looking perfectly at home.
Casa do Páteo has a variety of beautiful rooms, ranging from a dorm with bunk beds to double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. The price of the retreat will depend on the type of accommodation, so there’s sure an option for everyone.
We are really happy as well to tell you that Casa do Páteo values the concepts of sustainable tourism and seeks to encourage environmental awareness. They use solar panels for heating the house and water, the decoration is based on the reuse of materials, and the shade system and natural ventilation avoids the use of air conditioning. Following the minimal waste policy the hygienical products are supplied in manual dispensers and they are ecological and not tested on animals.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
Menu/CuisineOur meals will be vegetarian or vegan and mainly inspired in the yummy flavours of the Portuguese cuisine, cooked with local fresh ingredients and with tones of love and care by our hosts at Casa do Páteo.
We can adapt to certain diet requirements (allergies, intolerances, etc), we just need to know about it in advance.
Throughout the stay fresh water, coffees, teas and seasonal fruit will be always available.
DirectionsCasa do Páteo is situated 40 km down south from Lisboa, on the other side of the Tejo River.
By car from the capital it takes around 30 minutes to get there.
If you don't have a private means of transport it is possible to travel to Lisboa from different locations in Spain and Portugal by train. You can also Fly to Lisboa Portela Airport (LIS).
We offer a transfer service to and from Lisboa’s Airport to Casa do Páteo. The cost for this service is of 45€ for the trip and it can accommodate up to 4 people. Should you need this service let us know in advance so we can arrange it and fill up all the trips with the maximum occupancy.
It is also possible to arrive by Public Transport from Lisboa:
From the airport, you can take the metro to Praça de Espanha where there is a bus that runs to Sesimbra (get out at Santana). The bus journey will take about 45-60 minutes, depending on the type of bus and traffic.
Once you arrive in Santana, we can pick you up from the bus station which is a 5-minute drive to the guesthouse. The cost of transport is €10 or you can also take another bus from Santana to Fornos.
The company operating this bus services is “Transportes do Sul do Tejo”. Should you choose this rather more adventurous way to get to the retreat location we can help you out with timetables and the best bus line combinations to make it happen.