Serpent Power Kundalini Yoga Intensive
- This retreat is unique in that it combines the strong physical practices of Hatha Yoga with the little known metaphysical teachings of the Tantric tradition from which Kundalini originated.
- Increase your understanding about what Kundalini is and it's importance in spiritual life
- Learn to use pranayama and mudra's effectively to empower your personal practice
ScheduleThis is an approximate outline for the day's activities. There will be short breaks between sections and relaxations at the end of the asana and pranyama practice.
630am Consecration and Intention setting
645am Asana practice for balancing and harmonizing
830am Pranayama & mudra's for purifying and energizing
1030am Break for brunch
1600 Lecture + Questions and Answers
1730 Music Meditation
About This Event
The Serpent Power retreat is an immersion into the core practices and understanding about Kundalini as described in the teachings of Hatha Yoga and of Tantra. This 4 day immersion is unique in that it combines the efficient methods of Hatha yoga for balancing, purifying and energizing the subtle body with the metaphysical explanations of what Kundalini signifies on the spiritual path, as described by the original tantric literature. This creates a broad base of both understanding and practical application of these teachings to empower one's own individual spiritual practice.
Main Techniques taught:
- Mula-bandha, Uddiyana-bandha, Jalandhara-bandha
- Nadi Shodana / Anuloma Viloma
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Shaktichalana Mudra
The core of the practical aspect of the retreat is on how to use the various mudras, combined with pranayama to reach a deeply balanced and energized condition. This serves as a firm base on which the practice of a simple, yet highly effective form of meditation is developed. This main meditation practice we will use is drawn from the tantric teachings of the Vijnanabhairava and enables one to reach a deeply interiorized state where the further awakening of one's consciousness becomes possible. These practices are also supported by music meditations and other collateral physical techniques.
Classes will be held in English, with Turkish translation.
This retreat is for anyone who:
- wants to develop a strong personal yoga practice beyond basic āsana routines
- wants to develop skillfulness in pranayama (the control over one's life-force)
- wants a firm grasp on the fundamental principles of spiritual practice
- has had some spontaneous spiritual experiences but does not yet know how to integrate or develop them further
- or already has a consistent spiritual practice and is looking for a supportive space to further refine their skills and deepen their experiences
"I have done The Serpent Power Retreat with Micheal in India. It was amazing and really deep. It really impacted me so positively. I got into meditation and pranayama deeply, which really helping me elevate my energy first thing in the morning. These practices keep me mentally emotionally healthy. During and After his retreat I healed my relationship with my family. During the retreat I could see a lot of my own patterns stopping me from expressing my love for my family. There are so many other things that shifted since the retreat. I am super grateful. Look forward to do another one in near future. Thank you so much Micheal" - Selenge, Mongolia
Inspiration - Aspiration - Illumination
- Vegetarian open buffet breakfast and dinner
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space