- Rishikesh Valley
- Rishikesh Valley Resort, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192, India
- Sep 22 - Oct 2, 2019 (11 days)
About This Event
Allow yourself to relax into being as you enjoy daily yoga and meditation, evening satsangs and the gorgeous natural surrounds of Rishikesh Valley.
Be fully alive and present as you taste the adventure that Northern India has to offer, from mountain walks, whitewater rafting and sunrise over the Himalayas, to shopping and satsang in Rishikesh!
Over 10 days and nights you’ll be guided to look within and enjoy simply being, through yoga, meditation, satsang and mindful activity. Plus, enjoy all the fun, adrenaline and excitement of outdoor adventure. A magical combination of inner and outer adventure awaits!
Teachings are non-sectarian. Meditations and satsang will be based in mindfulness and self-enquiry of a non-dual nature, supporting you to go deeply within and be open to life as it flows.
Our mission is to provide unique travel experiences combining inner and outer adventure for personal and spiritual expansion.
- Daily morning yoga classes
- Daily morning and afternoon meditation classes
- Satsang at Rishikesh Valley on three evenings
- Satsang at an Ashram in Rishikesh one evening
- Two spiritual movie nights
- Sumptuous vegetarian meals
- Viewing the sunrise over the Himalayas
- 4hr mountain walk, providing a glimpse into local village life and stopping for a sumptuous breakfast at a local village house
- White water rafting on the Ganges
- Sightseeing and shopping in Rishikesh. The Rishikesh shopping experience is one of the best in India as it’s tailored to the spiritual seeker.
- Visit local temples, including sharing a meal with the Sikhs at the local Gurdwara, a wonderful experience
Schedule6:30am Yoga and Meditation
8:00am Free time
9:15am Free Time / Meditation and Yoga discussion to support your retreat experience / Outer Adventure component
2:00pm Free time to explore – own meditation, silent periods, natural pool swim, walk, read, massage, Ayurveda, Adventure component will extend into afternoon some days
6:00pm Free time / Questions & Commune
7:30pm Satsang / Spiritual Movie
9:30pm Quiet time until breakfast next day
- Yoga, Meditation, Satsang, Spiritual Movies, Outer Adventure activities all included
- Dehradun Airport pick up and drop off
- Special welcome dinner – a chance to meet the group, settle in and familiarize yourself with the surrounds and schedule
- Indian breakfast and dinner feast for 10 days
- Beautiful Indian lunch for 9 days
- Accommodation (single or twin share) at Rishikesh Valley Eco Resort for 10 nights
- Retreat and meals package commence Sunday 22 September 2019 from 5pm
- Dietary requirements are accommodated for on request and pre-organised at time of booking
- One hour massage OR Ayurveda consult
- Arrival is on Sunday 22 September 2019 from 11am
- The Retreat concludes at 10am (after breakfast) Wednesday 2 October 2019, with your departure on the morning/afternoon of 2 October 2019, unless additional days have been organised
- Safe spring water from the property is available and included
What's Not IncludedAyurvedic meals tailored to your Dosha for a small additional fee
Additional nights accommodation
Additional massage / Ayurveda consults
Venue HighlightsJust a 10 minute drive from Rishikesh
Gorgeous Eco Resort with 15 Eco Huts
Surrounded by jungle, with the mineral rich waters of the Helm River running on the property
Swim in the beautiful safe rock pools alongside your Eco Huts
Vegetarian Restaurant on site
Beautiful Yoga and Meditation pavilion
AccommodationsYour eco accommodation will surprise you with its ability to combine back to nature simplicity with elegance. Huts are hermit style and made of jungle grass, wood, mud and clay to support your connection with nature. The huts are separated for privacy, clean, fresh and surrounded by Himalayan foliage enhancing their natural charm.
Each hut contains an ensuite bathroom, western style toilet, basin, numerous power outlets, 2 x King Single beds, clean bedding, towels, mozzie nets, housekeeping and the best luxury of all, a hot and cold running water bucket shower. We love this! For us, this simple convenience speaks volumes about the setting for this retreat. You’re not here for 5-star accommodation, but to get back to nature, to live simply, to live naturally, eating sumptuous organic food, to explore your true Self in meditation, yoga and satsang and to mindfully enjoy the low octane adventure of Rishikesh. Towels and toiletries are provided. Housekeeping cleans the room everyday.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineSumptuous vegetarian meals are provided for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.
Most ingredients are organically grown on the property and all locally sourced.